05-24-14 01:32 PM
36 12
tools
    Those who hate BlackBerry have been programed / brainwashed to using inferior android or icrap products. Remember you are not allowed to use BlackBerry.

Exterminate!! E-X-T-E-R-M-I-N-A-T-E!!!!!!

CNN: NSA Engineer: 'I made Obama's BlackBerry'-daleks3a.jpg
    KermEd and Bla1ze like this.
    05-23-14 07:31 AM
    Reporters put a positive or negative spin to it. NY Daily News say's;

"Obamas request for a BlackBerry just really bothered a lot of people, ex-NSA official says"

"While Obama is stuck with the archaic BlackBerry, his hip daughters both have iPhones."

The story is here;
    Obama’s request for a BlackBerry ‘just really bothered a lot of people,’ ex-NSA official says - NY Daily News

They can spin the story which ever way they want and people will believe them. Because everything on the internet is true.
    05-23-14 07:42 AM
    That's too bad. The article was very positive for BlackBerry's position in the federal government.
    05-23-14 08:26 AM
    Exterminate!! E-X-T-E-R-M-I-N-A-T-E!!!!!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Daleks3a.jpg 
Views:	967 
Size:	22.8 KB 
ID:	273082
    Love it!

Posted via CB from my LE
    05-23-14 09:13 AM
    The real reason Obama can't swap his BlackBerry for an iPhone | Mobile Technology - InfoWorld

Obama can't have an iPhone. The reason might (not) surprise you! (+video) - CSMonitor.com

Top Level Telecommunications: How Obama's BlackBerry got secured

The third article has lots of technical details.

Basically, the layered security solution they wanted to use only runs on the legacy OS.

I imagine that there may be some interest in updating the POTUS personal smartphone, but really, it's a very critical, highly-secure thing that has a very limited function by necessity. If it's continuing to perform that duty, they may not feel the need to change it, and I wouldn't blame them.

On the other hand, John Chen made a publicly-documented business visit to the White House recently, and I'm sure that the subject of Obama's mobile tech was talked about at least a little.

For classified comms one entity cannot own the encryption end to end (BlackBerry does this). So additional encryption must be layered on top that is US owned. This is just for Secret level communications. There has been an ongoing proof of concept in DoD for a number of years. BB10 is also being evaluated by a number of agencies for classified data as well. Voice is an entire beast in an off itself, and the best bet for that is VoLTE (IP based voice) that can be encrypted on the fly. Several companies have tried data over 3G for voice and the results are less than spectacular.
    05-23-14 12:28 PM
    The photo you posted is the famous "Cameron, Thorning-Schmidt, Obama" selfie from the funeral of former South African President, Nelson Mandela. The smartphone used was not Obama's but rather that of the Danish Prime Minister, Ms. Thorning-Schmidt. (David Cameron Explains Why He Agreed To Nelson Mandela Selfie With Obama And Thorning-Schmidt).

As evidenced from the CNN article, peripheral functions, like the camera, have been removed from the President's Blackberry.
    It was actually at the memorial, not the funeral.

Not be nit-picky, just wanted to clarify since it was an issue when the picture originally surfaced.
    05-23-14 01:31 PM
    I never understand what the fuss is about the President of the United States using a BlackBerry.

Of course I do.

Posted via CB10
    jfarms08 likes this.
    05-23-14 03:07 PM
    So no way his phone goes through BlackBerry's servers.
    05-24-14 02:28 AM
    So no way his phone goes through BlackBerry's servers.
    Sooo how come I have my buddy Barrack on BBM?

Posted via CB10
    05-24-14 03:11 AM
    I think this was an entirely positive article for BlackBerry. I didn't see anything that was bashing them.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    05-24-14 08:27 AM
    It was actually at the memorial, not the funeral.

Not be nit-picky, just wanted to clarify since it was an issue when the picture originally surfaced.
    Yes, thank you. You're absolutely right. It was the memorial.
    05-24-14 01:32 PM
36 12