As you may all be aware, every late September the U.S. Congress gets us in the mood for Halloween by spooking us to the edge of our seats with other-wise mundane and procedural tasks... passing budgets, setting debt ceilings, keeping government open, etc.

Anyway, CNN is all over it (of course), flooding their front page with various 'articles' about it. One of the links that stood out reads "Some iPhones at risk", as you can see in the screen cap below:

CNN article govt shutdown: "Some iPhones at Risk" --> shows doomsday pic of Z10-cnniphone.jpg

It's obviously just click-bait since it gives the impression that iPhones will stop working if the government shuts down... so of course I clicked on it, and instead of an iPhone... what do they use to symbolize this 'doomsday' scenario of a government shutdown?:

CNN article govt shutdown: "Some iPhones at Risk" --> shows doomsday pic of Z10-cnnz10.jpg

Perhaps they've just been running so many negative BlackBerry articles recently that they had an abundance of Z10 stock photos against blood-red backgrounds with the words 'SHUT-DOWN' on it... lol

It's obviously nothing... but I found their iPhone bait and switch link technique, and their choice of BlackBerry (for once they didn't use a 2009 device!) interesting.

Here's the article: Federal workers: Hand over BlackBerry during shutdown
    Last edited by AnimalPak200; 09-29-13 at 12:34 PM.
    09-29-13 12:24 PM
    Well....at least they used a Z10, and not a stock photo of an old outdated BlackBerry device

CB10'n it.....via my Z
    09-29-13 12:30 PM
    CNN is garbage as is most of the media. I really wonder sometimes what makes America so "exceptional... "

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 01:17 PM
    Ridiculous sensationalism. Some iPhones at risk? Can you get any more click bait then that? The blood red in the background? CNN is just as bad as TMZ

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 01:33 PM
    Nothing should scare you if the US government shuts down. That's a sign we should forsaken this government for a new one. Atlas shrugged is coming to pass.

Posted via CB10
    LP_Rigg likes this.
    09-30-13 01:59 PM
    I've mentioned this a number of times -- CNNMoney is not CNN, it's a joint venture of Fortune and Money magazines with CNN.
    09-30-13 02:06 PM
    Communist News Network

QNX posted via CB10
    09-30-13 02:23 PM
    Communist News Network

QNX posted via CB10
    Really? Pretty bland and middle of the road, if you ask me. Can't imagine what you must think of MSNBC.
    RAFA1 likes this.
    09-30-13 02:49 PM
    Nothing should scare you if the US government shuts down. That's a sign we should forsaken this government for a new one. Atlas shrugged is coming to pass.

Posted via CB10
    Ms Rand the prophet...no doubt eh!

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 06:20 PM

Posted via CB10
    Except the shutdown doesn't shut down the biggest budgetary expenses: medicare and social security. Congress and the President still get paid,.. and, it won't even affect so called 'Obamacare'.

The only thing it does is leave millions of middle-class (barely) federal employees without a pay check.

So yeah, if that's what you consider 'forsaken', then sure. Send home the people that do the work, and keep paying the useless jerks that just stand around in fancy suits, talking all day, and achieving nothing in the end.

Hooray!

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 06:31 PM
    Oh... and btw, it costs tax payers more to shutdown and restart the government than BlackBerry is worth today.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 06:33 PM
    Ridiculous sensationalism. Some iPhones at risk? Can you get any more click bait then that? The blood red in the background? CNN is just as bad as TMZ

Posted via CB10
    TMZ has a record of at least being factual, even if the facts themselves or the people they are about are ridiculous/shallow/inane/stupid. On the rare occasion that TMZ is inaccurate, they post an apology/correction with breakneck speed. Harvey Levin is an attorney and knows that on a daily basis, TMZ walks straddles the line between fact and libel, and is too smart to let inaccuracies get posted very often.

Had TMZ written that article, you could be damn sure that the picture would be of the actual phone that the article is about.

If I were BlackBerry, I'd be firing off a letter/email to CNN right about now. Sadly, many Americans turn to CNN for news, and will click that link and this image portrays BlackBerry in a negative light...even though BlackBerry is probably already at rock bottom of public perception.
    10-01-13 12:08 AM