11-19-13 10:34 AM
350 ... 7891011 ...
tools
    Posted: 07 Feb 2013, 06:53, by Ray S.
    Hmm, when did they release BB10?
    No wonder they would report bad battery life then.
    Also, there have been a number of updates which have helped with battery life since then.
    11-11-13 12:06 AM
    Posted: 07 Feb 2013, 06:53, by Ray S.
    Hmm, when did they release BB10?
    No wonder they would report bad battery life then.
    A software update cannot increase the battery capacity.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    11-11-13 12:10 AM
    I actually laughed.....its funny to see someone actually spew that much hate towards a electronic device company
    fixed it for ya!
    11-11-13 12:13 AM
    Was it after heavy gaming?
    I guess I'm not a hardcore user then - 4 email accounts, FB, Twitter, LinkedIn.
    Today I didn't play with the phone much - some photos, calls, up to 10 minutes gaming.
    Notice a couple short charges - connected the phone to copy the photos.
    Attachment 219310
    I have never downloaded or played a single game. It was just browsing.
    11-11-13 12:13 AM
    A software update cannot increase the battery capacity.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    What? So, the Battery Booster I paid for is useless?

Jokes aside, they definitely improved something in the OS.
    I remember, driving with the BB Maps turned on warmed up the phone quite substantially.
    These days it's almost the same as ambient temperature.
    11-11-13 12:18 AM
    That's just a lazy #1 pick. What's this jokers twitter handle? Time for cb nation to get to work ha

Posted via CB10 on my z30
    Go for it....

https://twitter.com/donald
    11-11-13 12:22 AM
    I thought CNET was a pr0n site. Guessing that is the worst gift for 2013.
    11-11-13 01:02 AM
    Well they gave up on the sale because they couldn't get it done. That's very different from them deciding not to do it because they found a better option or something.

It's still going to be a very interesting 2014, and their survival is far from certain. I still think it will take a miracle for BlackBerry to see 2015 as one company. That was the basic point he was making.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    They didn't really give up on the sale... there have been numerous stories that said the board refused to split the company up, which flies in the face of everything this CNET guy is saying. They "gave up" on the sale because they weren't going to sell the company in pieces, buyers wanted some, not all, and BlackBerry said no. The better plan, apparently, was to go with what Fairfax came up with.

This is NOT what the CNET guy said, not in the slightest. He made no mention of the cash infusion, he made no mention that the company ISN'T being sold. He said the company is being sold for parts, which is now completely untrue.

2014 will certainly be interesting, yes, and BlackBerry will probably never be a tech giant ever again, I'm not naive about that. But as a "tech journalist" or whatever his position is, it's not asking too much for him to present current, valid information. Had he said, "Don't buy a BlackBerry 10 device for your kids or teens because it doesn't have Instagram or SnapChat or Vine," I'd think, "...okay.. that's true...none of those apps are on BlackBerry 10."

But that's not what he said.
    11-11-13 01:10 AM
    Although I disagree, I think the video was talking about BlackBerry as a whole, as in, the uncertain future of the company, as opposed to any of the BlackBerry devices in particular. My company has recently switched from BlackBerry to iPhone, no doubt as a result of the uncertain future of BlackBerry. If Samsung, Google or Apple were in the same position as Blackberry, I'm sure many current owners of those devices would feel the potential need to switch to other device(s), although they probably wouldn't admit it. I've always liked BlackBerry devices and think that BB10 is certainly an advance towards Android and iOS, although it's a year or two later in maturity to those platforms, which is no fault other than BlackBerry's. Each platform has their pro's and con's. What's important is what the user feels is best for THEM.
    11-11-13 01:19 AM
    They don't seem to have really resolved their financial situation. They acquired additional money but given what the analysts were saying before it still seems to be a difficult position and not at all clear to me that IF they had offers they wouldn't sell parts.
    haha "given what the analysts were saying." Those people are the problem, and while I'm glad BlackBerry has found a temporary fix, I would have loved for them to have gone private, so these "analysts" would have nothing to talk about. Analysts have been more wrong than not when it came to the sale process of BlackBerry, so I really think people should think twice before buying into what they're presenting.

BlackBerry already got offers for parts of their company, according to many reports over the last couple days. BlackBerry's board said no.

Last time I checked, BlackBerry wasn't in the hole. They had, what, like $2 billion something dollars? Now they got another billion? They've laid off/are laying off 40% of their workforce, and God knows they aren't spending much on marketing. They have no more inventory to write down, and are pressing the Canadian government to credit them the $1billion tax refund.

Is it an ideal situation? No way. But if the Board of Directors thought that they best plan to get their (our) money's worth out of the company was to sell it off in pieces in desperation, it probably would have been done.
    11-11-13 01:22 AM
    Personally, I wouldn't get a BlackBerry for someone on my Christmas list unless I knew it was something they really wanted. There is some uncertainty at the moment as to the direction they will be taking, and as far as consumer friendly content and services are concerned, there are at this point, better supported OS' and ecosystems out there. If the CNET guy said something along those lines, I'd be ok with that. However, he gave information that was uninformed and incorrect, generally making the bad situation sound worse than it already is. It potentially can make someone who was on the fence about a purchase, decide not to.
    SK122387 likes this.
    11-11-13 01:22 AM
    Yes they are, slow but they are selling, but that guy saying that is not gonna help, wanted to kick that guy in the face when he said that.

My Z10 is perfect for me, i have all the apps that every one of my friend has in their iPhones and Androids, plus i have a better OS.
    11-11-13 01:34 AM
    So you would agree that the worst tech gift for this Xmas is a BlackBerry ?
    11-11-13 01:36 AM
    I would definately disagree with that. I think that's going a little far.
    11-11-13 01:41 AM
    So you would agree that the worst tech gift for this Xmas is a BlackBerry ?
    Whom may I ask are you asking the question to?
    11-11-13 01:44 AM
    After reading 11 pages of comments, all I could think of was: who the hell buys someone a phone for Christmas?? That's like 400+ dollars if you buy it out right. And if you buy contract, you're forcing the person to be stuck with it for a year or two.

Just don't buy phones people. Don't do it.

Ps. Donald is a ****, he knows it, and frankly he wins (we're all talking about his sorry *** clip).

Posted via CB10
    middbrew and BlackStormRising like this.
    11-11-13 02:00 AM
    After reading 11 pages of comments, all I could think of was: who the hell buys someone a phone for Christmas?? That's like 400+ dollars if you buy it out right. And if you buy contract, you're forcing the person to be stuck with it for a year or two.

Just don't buy phones people. Don't do it.

Ps. Donald is a ****, he knows it, and frankly he wins (we're all talking about his sorry *** clip).

Posted via CB10
    And to think, I was going to buy you a phone for Christmas. Thanks for talking me out of it.
    Elite1 and kbz1960 like this.
    11-11-13 02:05 AM
    The only reviewer/editor I have respect for at CNET is Brian Bennett, who previewed the Z30 when it first launched with out any "the-company-is-too-little-too-late-and-dying" BS inserted in to his video. At least he has some decency and reviews both pros and cons without bias (which are becoming increasingly non-existent these days).

BlackBerry Z30 Review - Watch CNET's Video Review
    11-11-13 02:31 AM
    haha "given what the analysts were saying." Those people are the problem, and while I'm glad BlackBerry has found a temporary fix, I would have loved for them to have gone private, so these "analysts" would have nothing to talk about. Analysts have been more wrong than not when it came to the sale process of BlackBerry, so I really think people should think twice before buying into what they're presenting.

BlackBerry already got offers for parts of their company, according to many reports over the last couple days. BlackBerry's board said no.

Last time I checked, BlackBerry wasn't in the hole. They had, what, like $2 billion something dollars? Now they got another billion? They've laid off/are laying off 40% of their workforce, and God knows they aren't spending much on marketing. They have no more inventory to write down, and are pressing the Canadian government to credit them the $1billion tax refund.

Is it an ideal situation? No way. But if the Board of Directors thought that they best plan to get their (our) money's worth out of the company was to sell it off in pieces in desperation, it probably would have been done.
    Blackberry' problem isn't analysts, it is people not buying their phones.
    Terser Nori and Etios like this.
    11-11-13 02:59 AM
    I agree. That was a lazy, uninformed pick. Any hints toward a conspiracy here? Fanboi comments aside, you've gotta start wondering why there is such a hate for Blackberry in the media. Unfortunately, when people see such reports, they also believe it. That hurts sales.

I recently switched from an Android at work back to a BB (a Z10), and what a difference! The Z10 rocks. My Sony Android just didn't cut it. I'm looking forward to the switch from the Z10 to the Z30 when it comes to our provider.
    11-11-13 02:59 AM
    in all fairness, blackberry has also lied and misinformed us many of times
    11-11-13 03:15 AM
    Blackberry' problem isn't analysts, it is people not buying their phones.
    ......................of course BlackBerry's #1 problem is people not buying their phones, but if you look at the bigger picture, analysts are major problem for a company on shaky ground.

Some analysts severely overestimated BlackBerry sales, and BlackBerry did nothing to reel them in and offer guidance as to more accurate numbers. So when the analysts had set the bar very high, and BlackBerry fell short of analysts' expectations, the stock took a beating, generating more negative press for them. Instead of letting analysts estimate that sales were 5-6 million or whatever they were guessing, BlackBerry could have lowered that to something close to 3 or 4 million or whatever they ended up selling in total.

I don't know how long you've been following this BlackBerry downward spiral saga, but analysts have played a major role in tarnishing their brand image (though again, BlackBerry is also to blame because they did little to nothing when it came to squashing things that weren't true).

And when you have analysts appearing on news programs, being quoted on tech blogs and other stories that get picked up and put on the front page of Yahoo or CNN or Forbes or some other major news outlets that aren't tech blogs, your average reader is soon subjected to analysts' opinions and rumors that may or not be true. This helps create the main problem: people not buying BlackBerrys.
    11-11-13 03:15 AM
    ......................of course BlackBerry's #1 problem is people not buying their phones, but if you look at the bigger picture, analysts are major problem for a company on shaky ground.

Some analysts severely overestimated BlackBerry sales, and BlackBerry did nothing to reel them in and offer guidance as to more accurate numbers. So when the analysts had set the bar very high, and BlackBerry fell short of analysts' expectations, the stock took a beating, generating more negative press for them. Instead of letting analysts estimate that sales were 5-6 million or whatever they were guessing, BlackBerry could have lowered that to something close to 3 or 4 million or whatever they ended up selling in total.

I don't know how long you've been following this BlackBerry downward spiral saga, but analysts have played a major role in tarnishing their brand image (though again, BlackBerry is also to blame because they did little to nothing when it came to squashing things that weren't true).

And when you have analysts appearing on news programs, being quoted on tech blogs and other stories that get picked up and put on the front page of Yahoo or CNN or Forbes or some other major news outlets that aren't tech blogs, your average reader is soon subjected to analysts' opinions and rumors that may or not be true. This helps create the main problem: people not buying BlackBerrys.
    BB wrote down a billion dollars in unsold phones and the analysts overestimated sales?
    barnfoot likes this.
    11-11-13 03:20 AM
    Typical CNET...

Sent from my oreo Z10 running 10.2
    11-11-13 03:28 AM
    The worst thing about that list is that I can agree with all the other points, but BlackBerry as the #1? I think that's a bad case of misinformation. The other items on the list are there because it makes not too much sense to buy them at this point or because they are simply not useful. But to put BlackBerry on the list in general is really harsh.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 03:36 AM
350 ... 7891011 ...