11-19-13 09:34 AM
350 ... 678910 ...
tools
    I think they're completely unreasonable seeing as BlackBerry has taken itself off sale.

How much longer after an announcement is it okay with you for media to be publishing things that simply aren't true?
    Well they gave up on the sale because they couldn't get it done. That's very different from them deciding not to do it because they found a better option or something.

It's still going to be a very interesting 2014, and their survival is far from certain. I still think it will take a miracle for BlackBerry to see 2015 as one company. That was the basic point he was making.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    bigedschukar, milo53 and Etios like this.
    11-10-13 08:26 PM
    I think they're completely unreasonable seeing as BlackBerry has taken itself off sale.

How much longer after an announcement is it okay with you for media to be publishing things that simply aren't true?
    They don't seem to have really resolved their financial situation. They acquired additional money but given what the analysts were saying before it still seems to be a difficult position and not at all clear to me that IF they had offers they wouldn't sell parts.
    11-10-13 08:29 PM
    Well they gave up on the sale because they couldn't get it done. That's very different from them deciding not to do it because they found a better option or something.

It's still going to be a very interesting 2014, and their survival is far from certain. I still think it will take a miracle for BlackBerry to see 2015 as one company. That was the basic point he was making.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Yes, you expressed it better than I did.
    11-10-13 08:30 PM
    I am sick of what are I imagine supposed to be humourous / sarcastic tech "articles" ripping on BlackBerry 10 devices and OS, so I'm not going dignify the article by clicking the link... but I can't say I disagree with the suggestion that to give a BB10 device to someone who didn't explicitly ask for it would not be a wise decision.

I think that there are plenty of opportunities to introduce the BB10 user experience to consumers so that they WANT a BB10 device... but a niche market product like BB10 is a risky gift.

If BB put out a device with a home button and if the full Google Play store comes to BB10 as is rumoured, THEN you have an all-purpose gift.... but without those two things, unless YOU PERSONALLY want to be 24 hour tech support and trainer and sideloading technician for the recipient, you simply should NOT give a BB10 device to "civilian" / "mortal" / "mundane" / "muggle"... and even less so now that the Nexus 5 has hit the market.
    the problem with giving a person BlackBerry for a gift is there are huge chance :
    * he/she will sell the phone and change to other phone
    * the gift will be a waste not being used

it's not about BB10 are inferior phone...but it's more public perception for BB10 phone
    ajst222 and Etios like this.
    11-10-13 08:32 PM
    At least these other phones are reliable
    Wait a minute, are you implying that BlackBerry devices are unreliable?
    Can you elaborate, please?
    Do BB smartphones have poor battery or radio reception (would kind of go against Z30 claims) or constant reboots?
    I wonder how they could give an unreliable phone to a president.
    11-10-13 08:34 PM
    Who are these "most people"?

#IChooseNexus5
    Even the most ardent critics of BlackBerry devices acknowledge the great messaging capabilities they have always had and still have. I'm not going to attempt to find links to every review and balanced critique from these forums and elsewhere just to prove my point...

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 08:36 PM
    I have a Z 10, Z30 and my wife has a iPhone. My BB phones are much easier to navigate and better phones.
    I went to an iPhone 5 a few months ago because I lost faith that Sprint was going to get BB10 and I figured "it must be good because everyone else has it." Maybe I got a dude, but it has been the worst tech decision I have ever made! I am actually going to be buying a Q10 tomorrow and selling the iPhone. I'd rather take my chances with a company that is having some issues than suffer any more!
    11-10-13 08:39 PM
    Wait a minute, are you implying that BlackBerry devices are unreliable?
    Can you elaborate, please?
    Do BB smartphones have poor battery or radio reception (would kind of go against Z30 claims) or constant reboots?
    I wonder how they could give an unreliable phone to a president.
    The Z10 has absolutely terrible battery life and the Z10 and Q10 used to reboot like crazy (the Q10 on a smaller scale though). I don't think you have grounds to argue there since other phones out there get just as good battery life as the Z30 and don't reboot.
    11-10-13 08:40 PM
    oh if its not apple cnet doesn't like it... so i would say apple...
    11-10-13 08:50 PM
    The Z10 has absolutely terrible battery life
    Any links to prove that point?
    I hope it's not your personal observation.
    I have Z10 and battery life is good - I never found myself with dead phone.
    I remember somebody posted a link about battery comparison and Z10 was in the middle on the scale.

and the Z10 and Q10 used to reboot like crazy
    Hmm, I guess that's expected that an early OS has bugs.
    I can't believe that early android phones were bug free.

And also I find it interesting how a president tolerates a dead phone when s/he needs to make a vital decision.
    11-10-13 08:51 PM
    I remember somebody posted a link about battery comparison and Z10 was in the middle on the scale.

And also I find it interesting how a president tolerates a dead phone when s/he needs to make a vital decision.
    I owned a Z10. I could get about 6 hours max of battery life. I had to use the battery bundle with 3 batteries in order to get through the day. But just search through the forums. And you argument of the reboots makes no sense. Obviously they had bugs when new. That was my point. Once it's past that stage, generally phones don't have reboot issues but you talked about it as if they do. And how would I know about presidents use their phones. That's their choice. Should it matter? No
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    11-10-13 09:01 PM
    I went to an iPhone 5 a few months ago because I lost faith that Sprint was going to get BB10 and I figured "it must be good because everyone else has it." Maybe I got a dude, but it has been the worst tech decision I have ever made! I am actually going to be buying a Q10 tomorrow and selling the iPhone. I'd rather take my chances with a company that is having some issues than suffer any more!
    I'm just curious: what did you not like about the iPhone 5?
    11-10-13 09:02 PM
    Bull****!

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 09:16 PM
    I owned a Z10. I could get about 6 hours max of battery life. I had to use the battery bundle with 3 batteries in order to get through the day. But just search through the forums. And you argument of the reboots makes no sense. Obviously they had bugs when new. That was my point. Once it's past that stage, generally phones don't have reboot issues but you talked about it as if they do. And how would I know about presidents use their phones. That's their choice. Should it matter? No
    So, basically if we look at 10 year BB history, we could say that their phones were and are reliable except the short period of time when new phones were introduced to the market. Fine by me.

The president reference is similar to when we say that BB phones are unpopular.
    We look at the current market and say that most users chose to buy either iPhone or Android based smartphone.
    I believe security and reliability would be the main features government people would look for.

P.S. My Z10 lasts a day or more with the latest OS
    11-10-13 09:17 PM
    So, basically if we look at 10 year BB history, we could say that their phones were and are reliable except the short period of time when new phones were introduced to the market. Fine by me.

The president reference is similar to when we say that BB phones are unpopular.
    We look at the current market and say that most users chose to buy either iPhone or Android based smartphone.
    I believe security and reliability would be the main features government people would look for.

P.S. My Z10 lasts a day or more with the latest OS
    No we were talking about BB10 and newer OS's and what is available now. With BBOS, reliability was a completely different story. Constant reboots, freezing, battery pulls, black clock...yikes! As far as government officials, security is definitely the number one feature and is the area where BB10 will edge the competition.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    11-10-13 09:26 PM
    Funny....I think the comparison is more apt to MSNBC. ;-)

Posted via CB10
    Yep, that works too. They are also puppets with corporate / political agendas.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 09:59 PM
    Who paid them to say that.. Apple? Google? Microsoft? Or is CNET no longer a reputable tech source

Posted via CB10
    Probably Samsung
    11-10-13 10:10 PM
    Whatever. Screw this guy. By the way, you wouldn't give fitness stuff to a fat guy, trust me, I wouldn't appreciate it. But, if you know someone who is a fitness type and always challenging themselves then why would this be a bad gift if they didn't already have one?

The Wii U will have its market and not everyone wants to spend the money on the highest graphics if they cant play Mario. The XboxOne and PS4 will probably be the last of their kind for a very long time. Xbox360 - released November 2005 = 8 years old! PS3 - released November 2006 = 7 years old. The next gens could go for much longer. Albeit in different updated packaging. WiiU on the other hand may update a number of times before anything new comes out from the others. Seen a post on Reddit that showed a son playing WiiU on the built in screen while the dad watched football on his TV entitled "Thanks Nintendo" haha. They will have their cake.

I can agree the Chromebook Pixel may be out of the price range of most people but I really don't think it is meant for most people. And if someone really wanted a Chromebook most likely you would get them the $300 one instead. Works well for some people it seems:

Chromebook Pixel revisited: 6 months living with Google's luxury laptop | Computerworld Blogs

Lastly BlackBerry is not for everyone, but judging by the rant on the chromebook and how he says "don't worry nobody is buying those either." tells me I shouldn't really trust this shill anyway. He is incorrect about BlackBerry still being sold for parts and don't tell me it's still possible because yea, as long as CNET keep telling the masses that BlackBerry is dead.

So in conclusion. Whatever people. Damage is done. Keep Moving. Right? It is a biased opinion and he could have said many things that could have put BB down further but instead chose to sound like an uninformed shill. So jokes on you CNET. BB is coming for you. lol.
    11-10-13 10:13 PM
    I'm just curious: what did you not like about the iPhone 5?
    I honestly think I got a dud. I work in a 4G area and sitting at my desk I can't get more than 1X. This happens everywhere I go... If I go into a store I lose signal. Even when I do have good service my texts are slow to send and often get hung up. Rarely am I able to send pictures (MMS). Emails sync slowly too. Battery life sucks (I'm not a heavy user). ITunes has not impressed me at all... I prefer Amazon. When I got it I went and downloaded a bunch of apps... I probably only use five, heh. The keyboard and auto-correction are horrible. It's 50/50 connecting to my home Wifi. Often I have to reset EVERYTHING just to get it to connect. Overall I really have not been as impressed as most of the world! My wife has an iPhone and an iPad and the company I work at has moved to iPhones, but I just can't get on board for whatever reason.

So, I can't say the iPhone sucks...i know it's a good device, it just isn't for me.
    11-10-13 10:19 PM
    That's just a lazy #1 pick. What's this jokers twitter handle? Time for cb nation to get to work ha

Posted via CB10 on my z30
    His twitter handle is @Donald - I already sent him a message I suggest you voice yourselves.
    11-10-13 10:26 PM

CNET Top 5 Worst Tech Gifts for 2013-img_00000420.png
    11-10-13 10:26 PM
    Would it sound better if we keep the same list and change the title to "Top 5 Best Tech Regifts In 2013"?
    11-10-13 10:35 PM
    I remember somebody posted a link about battery comparison and Z10 was in the middle on the scale..
    There's an article out there where a blackberry engineer acknowledges the fact that the z10 has poor battery life. The article is on another bb site (don't want to name them)...

Edit link added: http://www.phonearena.com/news/Havin...out-it_id39556

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    11-10-13 10:46 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000420.png 
Views:	178 
Size:	77.3 KB 
ID:	219306
    Was it after heavy gaming?
    I guess I'm not a hardcore user then - 4 email accounts, FB, Twitter, LinkedIn.
    Today I didn't play with the phone much - some photos, calls, up to 10 minutes gaming.
    Notice a couple short charges - connected the phone to copy the photos.
    CNET Top 5 Worst Tech Gifts for 2013-img_00001144.png
    11-10-13 11:00 PM
    There's an article out there where a blackberry engineer acknowledges the fact that the z10 has poor battery life. The article is on another bb site (don't want to name them)...

Edit link added: Having complaints about the Z10's battery life? BlackBerry can't do anything about it

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    Posted: 07 Feb 2013, 06:53, by Ray S.
    Hmm, when did they release BB10?
    No wonder they would report bad battery life then.
    11-10-13 11:02 PM
350 ... 678910 ...