11-19-13 09:34 AM
350 ... 56789 ...
tools
    Thanks for the good link.

CNET went up 14 points in the last 3 month, which is about 15% based on their current place
    crackberry went up 1,152 which is about 25%

It suggests that more people start looking at CB than at CNET, compared to their base audiences.
    Yes, it's more difficult to do +1 once you're in the top but still.
    Good job CB team!
    Sounds a lot like those boasting about the frequency of BlackBerry 10 OS updates, while other platforms are already where they have to be
    11-10-13 07:22 PM
    ...I would like you to post what tour 5s can do that my Z10 can't do...and if you're truthful to yourself...you won't even try...lots of people go on and on about how BlackBerry's can't do anything...but for some reason can't back up that claim...

Posted by my awesome Z10 running 10.2
    11-10-13 07:23 PM
    ...I would like you to post what tour 5s can do that my Z10 can't do...and if you're truthful to yourself...you won't even try...lots of people go on and on about how BlackBerry's can't do anything...but for some reason can't back up that claim...

The z10 can't get developer support is what it can't do
    Saiga, ajst222, gogurt48 and 3 others like this.
    11-10-13 07:27 PM
    ...considering the fragmented mess that is Android...and the old uninspired pile that is iOS...had BlackBerry gotten traction with a far superior OS, and efficient hardware?...it's not a stretch to think they would do something to keep BlackBerry down...

11-10-13 07:32 PM
    See many good comments, pieces such as these will stir things up. Hey, we know where CNET stands on the issue. This is good. Now, the real work begins, BB needs a War Room, similar to B Clinton had. Fire back at every turn, have a plan, work the press! It's done in politics. Control the damage then dictate the conversation. Today, BB does not have good communication skills in its DNA.

Remember Q2 numbers were released, BB and Thor went dark. Almost a month of silence and uncertainty. Thor canceled the Q2 call, more darkness. This behavior leaves customers feeling very insecure.

I hope this guy, Chen, sees this CNET video, while eating lobster on the Bombardier, during his commute. Get PR Team, CMO in high gear. Engage not ignore. Both Balsille and Lazeridis were pros at the art of avoidance. Change this, or pack it in.
    Last edited by milo53; 11-10-13 at 07:38 PM. Reason: Issue
    11-10-13 07:35 PM
    I've found CNet to be biased towards Apple, and to a lesser extent, anything that comes from their home town. They project an arrogant, "center of the universe" mentality. It's not just BlackBerry; Microsoft gets the ridicule also.

Just watch CNet Prize Fight a few times. The Apple device wins virtually all of the time. The judges slam the competition hard for the smallest of shortcomings, but gloss over the most glaring flaws and omissions in the Apple devices.
    11-10-13 07:48 PM
    Who paid them to say that.. Apple? Google? Microsoft? Or is CNET no longer a reputable tech source

Posted via CB10
    D)... definitely answer D...
    11-10-13 07:49 PM
    CNET reminds me of Fox news. They have agendas & are not first & foremost news outlets for their respective fields. They are both a joke, unless of course you're a staunch republican or a apple freak!

I'm embarrassed I clicked on the link & for that... I feel shame!

Posted via CB10
    Funny....I think the comparison is more apt to MSNBC. ;-)

Posted via CB10
    milo53 likes this.
    11-10-13 07:49 PM

Sure, they can't run a huge amount of the software I run to manage my work and personal life.
    11-10-13 07:54 PM
    "Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
    11-10-13 07:54 PM
    There is no logic. The DVD player, yeah, that makes sense. The fitness band, perhaps. The ChromeBook?I know nothing about them, so I have no idea. The WiiU is actually very good (I wish I owned one), and BlackBerry even better.

Posted via CB10
    Gee, I have a Blackberry Z10, my wife has a Q10 and a Chromebook and the family has a Wii. I guess we better sell everything so we can be C|Net cool.
    leehardballer12 likes this.
    11-10-13 07:55 PM
    That's all you have?...developer support (considering how new BB10 is) has actually been pretty good, better than Android had at release I believe...and besides, there are only a few developers that are lagging...but other developers have picked up that slack with some very capable apps

11-10-13 07:56 PM
    Gee, I have a Blackberry Z10, my wife has a Q10 and a Chromebook and the family has a Wii. I guess we better sell everything so we can be C|Net cool.
    Do you have those particular models of Chromebook and Wii. It certainly sounded like $1300 or whatever for a Chromebook was a lot, especially when ~$250 ones were available.
    11-10-13 07:58 PM
    That's all you have?...developer support (considering how new BB10 is) has actually been pretty good, better than Android had at release I believe...and besides, there are only a few developers that are lagging...but other developers have picked up that slack with some very capable apps

It doesn't matter how it is compared to Android in 2008. Most of us buy our phones in 2013 now.
    11-10-13 07:59 PM
    Cameras not bad on my Z10 or my Q10. But, I prefer the pics from my SGlll. No issues at all with them being grainy at times as with my Z. Also, IMO, It's not just the marketing. The image of BlackBerry(as a whole) took a hit more than a few years ago and they obviously didn't feel the need change the perception of the consumers. Sad part is, I still don't believe they understand that - which may cause the Z30 to suffer in sales like the previous released BB10 models.
    While the camera is much improved over BBOS devices, it still needs plenty of light. Although, my 9850 took great outdoor pics as well.
    It's too bad about the Z30. Seems like there is no support for the device from the company and they are letting be portrayed as less than flagship worthy with "last year's specs".

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 08:01 PM
    Lol @ the chromebook rips.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 08:03 PM
    Actually, admitting a mistake is a good thing.
    News Corp would have to create an all new 24 hour channel devoted to admitting all of the mistakes and inaccuracies Fox News has been spewing since their inception
    pri79269 likes this.
    11-10-13 08:03 PM
    "...a small corporate bailout". I hate to say it, but I agree with him. BlackBerry clearly doesn't understand what the consumer wants, so why buy a BB10 device for someone?

Why buy a BlackBerry "just cuz" or to support the company? It doesn't make sense. His quote about it being a small corporate bailout is right. If a company isn't giving the consumer what they want then it doesn't make sense to buy one in the first place? It's about the product itself.

Until BlackBerry does start to create products that meet peoples needs, I completely understand why BlackBerry is on that list.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 using Tapatalk
    bbq10l likes this.
    11-10-13 08:04 PM

To many, apps determine what a phone can or cannot do. So having "only" developers' support is huge.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 using Tapatalk
    11-10-13 08:08 PM
    The guy is a typical poorly informed journalist trying to sell advertisements...he is also a jerk! scum bag and moron. But that would be name calling, I have a Z 10, Z30 and my wife has a iPhone. My BB phones are much easier to navigate and better phones. I too have deleted my CNET link on my desktop and mobile devices.
    But you have to stop using the word journalist. There are not that many in existence these days.
    11-10-13 08:10 PM
    Someone walks into a store, asks for a BlackBerry then the sales rep persuades them to purchase an android or an iphone, so no, most people don't know what they want.

BBM channels: c00121c99 for some knowledge and c00123fca for some real hip hop
    11-10-13 08:10 PM
    There are two items on that list that I would really love to have: a WiiU and a Z10. Who is CNet to say that those things are bad, when they quite clearly are not? Can you play Zelda and Mario on a PS4? Nope. And those are the only games I care about.

Posted via CB10
    Sometimes I see parallels between BlackBerry and Nintendo (especially because I love them both). Both used to be on top of their respective markets, and now it's pretty much nothing but bad news about both of them...yet I continue to support and buy their things.

From BlackBerry, I want a communication device with a full keyboard and the BlackBerry experience (emailing, texting, call quality, solid device). From Nintendo, I want a handheld gaming device and Mario games (Mario/Zelda/Donkey Kong, etc).

I don't see myself abandoning either, and plan to get a Z30 whenever it's out in the U.S. on T-Mobile or through BlackBerry, and will probably get a 3DS XL on Black Friday (I already have a regular 3DS).

Sure, each has competitors that seemingly offer "more." But what good is "more" if the experience is LESS than what I truly want?
    bigedschukar likes this.
    11-10-13 08:12 PM
    I don't think his comments were unreasonable given recent BB announcements and the consensus of financial analysts reporting on BB.
    I think they're completely unreasonable seeing as BlackBerry has taken itself off sale.

How much longer after an announcement is it okay with you for media to be publishing things that simply aren't true?
    11-10-13 08:14 PM
    ...considering the fragmented mess that is Android...and the old uninspired pile that is iOS...had BlackBerry gotten traction with a far superior OS, and efficient hardware?...it's not a stretch to think they would do something to keep BlackBerry down...

2GB ram is not efficient hardware.....

newest android, ios, WP8 can run on 512mb ram, and run pretty good on dual core processor

everything you maybe already read in here :
    better ecosystem, better apps selection. many thing people expect from today's phone
    Etios likes this.
    11-10-13 08:22 PM
    I am sick of what are I imagine supposed to be humourous / sarcastic tech "articles" ripping on BlackBerry 10 devices and OS, so I'm not going dignify the article by clicking the link... but I can't say I disagree with the suggestion that to give a BB10 device to someone who didn't explicitly ask for it would not be a wise decision.

I think that there are plenty of opportunities to introduce the BB10 user experience to consumers so that they WANT a BB10 device... but a niche market product like BB10 is a risky gift.

If BB put out a device with a home button and if the full Google Play store comes to BB10 as is rumoured, THEN you have an all-purpose gift.... but without those two things, unless YOU PERSONALLY want to be 24 hour tech support and trainer and sideloading technician for the recipient, you simply should NOT give a BB10 device to "civilian" / "mortal" / "mundane" / "muggle"... and even less so now that the Nexus 5 has hit the market.
    11-10-13 08:24 PM
350 ... 56789 ...