11-19-13 09:34 AM
350 ... 45678 ...
tools
    Your comment is ridiculous. Someone uses another phone so they have "no personality"?! People use other phones because they work, deliver an ecosystem and didn't just announce they are willing to sell themselves. At least these other phones are reliable and deliver what the majority of cell phone users want. BlackBerry cannot say that. Seriously - what is this guy supposed to say?

Posted via CB10
    No, actually, they can say that. Most people don't know what they want.

What is the guy supposed to say? Not that that all BlackBerry devices are the worst ever, that's what. Because they certainly are NOT.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 06:25 PM

What is the guy supposed to say? Not that that all BlackBerry devices are the worst ever, that's what. Because they certainly are NOT.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think he said that they were all the worst. He was talking about now and largely the about the company.
    bbq10l likes this.
    11-10-13 06:27 PM
    Interesting you mention Fox News on the day 60minutes has to go live and eat crow for covering a story that was BS. Heads are gonna roll at 60 minutes for this.

Again, BB created this mess, not CNET. It's now Chens job to repair, if he can.

Actually, admitting a mistake is a good thing.
    milo53, SK122387 and pri79269 like this.
    11-10-13 06:30 PM
    Where is the logic in this? C|Net just can't resist being pointless jackholes.
    11-10-13 06:33 PM
    This is a well deserved reputation and final burial in the media. Heins and Co have succeeded in destroying this iconic brand. There is nothing to it.

This is quite an accomplishment.
    11-10-13 06:33 PM
    I don't think he said that they were all the worst. He was talking about now and largely the about the company.
    But even there he was wrong. The company is not for sale and is not on the chopping block. Even then, why would that matter? It is not like all BlackBerries are going to implode if the company goes belly-up. Seriously, the guy has a very unhealthy bias towards a certain fruit--Apple.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 06:35 PM
    Where is the logic in this? C|Net just can't resist being pointless jackholes.
    There is no logic. The DVD player, yeah, that makes sense. The fitness band, perhaps. The ChromeBook?I know nothing about them, so I have no idea. The WiiU is actually very good (I wish I owned one), and BlackBerry even better.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 06:37 PM

Posted via CB10
    You honestly think that people aren't buying Blackberry because they don't know what they want?
    Saiga and bbq10l like this.
    11-10-13 06:39 PM
    What truth are you talking about? Someone's very subjective opinion? I guess you need CNET to recommend to you what gifts you ought to buy?

telling the truth is bad right? they must be paid by someone who is interested to see a non competitor go away...
    11-10-13 06:45 PM

Posted via CB10
    Most people don't know what they want? Really?

#IChooseNexus5
    bbq10l likes this.
    11-10-13 06:45 PM
    BTW, people talk about the failed BB marketing, but where is their PR group? Those are the ones who work the media in the background. Why hasn't BlackBerry had a proper SV based PR firm? Chen knows this well enough that I'm sure he will fix this

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Great point!
    Last edited by milo53; 11-10-13 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Mistake
    11-10-13 06:48 PM
    Seriously, the guy has a very unhealthy bias towards a certain fruit--Apple.
    And your evidence of that is what?
    11-10-13 06:52 PM
    CNET's reason for including BlackBerry phones in the "Worst Tech Gifts.." is the dumbest reason I have heard.
    damien kupuku likes this.
    11-10-13 06:53 PM
    And your evidence of that is what?
    CNet is known to be very biased towards Apple, and in that video he only had good things to say about it while he put down its competitors.

Posted via CB10
    damien kupuku likes this.
    11-10-13 06:54 PM
    I think it's super harsh, but on the other hand there are things that Blackberry could have done differently (like introducing proper budget and high end models at the right prices) to help rebuild their reputation.

Still, if one of the arguments is that you shouldn't buy Blackberry because the company is in trouble, then you're essentially saying let the company go under. That is not a good reason for letting anything go under! Would you run your car into the ground if it had issues or would you do the necessary repairs? Would you pull the plug on granny or would you continue to provide care in the hope that her health improves?

I guess what I am saying is that if a company has issues that aren't terminal then we should get behind them to help steer them in the right direction (which tbh they seem to be doing now anyway). But of course, getting the management to do a good job of understanding the markets is absolutely essential and hopefully the changes being made will help bring about a new period for the company.
    11-10-13 06:54 PM
    But even there he was wrong. The company is not for sale and is not on the chopping block. Even then, why would that matter? It is not like all BlackBerries are going to implode if the company goes belly-up. Seriously, the guy has a very unhealthy bias towards a certain fruit--Apple.

Posted via CB10

Again, there is nothing I have seen that has fundamentally changed the position of the company from when they made their announcements other than no buyers at the prices they wanted.
    bbq10l likes this.
    11-10-13 06:58 PM
    I think it's super harsh, but on the other hand there are things that Blackberry could have done differently (like introducing proper budget and high end models at the right prices) to help rebuild their reputation.

Still, if one of the arguments is that you shouldn't buy Blackberry because the company is in trouble, then you're essentially saying let the company go under. That is not a good reason for letting anything go under! Would you run your car into the ground if it had issues or would you do the necessary repairs? Would you pull the plug on granny or would you continue to provide care in the hope that her health improves?

I guess what I am saying is that if a company has issues that aren't terminal then we should get behind them to help steer them in the right direction (which tbh they seem to be doing now anyway). But of course, getting the management to do a good job of understanding the markets is absolutely essential and hopefully the changes being made will help bring about a new period for the company.
    Why should you take on some degree of risk to do that?
    bbq10l likes this.
    11-10-13 06:59 PM
    Personally, I wouldn't buy anyone a smartphone, unless I knew exactly what model they really wanted, but likely not even then.
    11-10-13 07:03 PM
    Yeah Cnet and the continued conspiracy against BB.
    Long live BB!!!

Posted via my BlackBerry Z30.
    What a jerk of a reporter... ****** bag... anything BlackBerry is not to be given... he should be sued for spreading false information...

Posted via CB10
    Maaan,,,this was funny as heck
    11-10-13 07:05 PM
    CNET's reason for including BlackBerry phones in the "Worst Tech Gifts.." is the dumbest reason I have heard.
    How so?

If someone were to give you an HD-DVD player as a gift a few months after the format war was won by Blu-Ray, would you consider it a great gift? That's how people view Blackberry's - like a dead format that will cease to be supported by a company that will eventually cease to exist. Blackberry has essentially thrown in the towel on the handset business.

An inferior product made by a company that's on the verge of going out of business - sounds like a BB10 device would be a bad tech gift to me.
    bbq10l likes this.
    11-10-13 07:09 PM
    Buck 'Em I say......
    11-10-13 07:11 PM
    Valid points. I would not discount the camera though. I took some great outdoor shots of the family while on vacation and made a cool short video of the pics set to music using the Story Maker feature. Which, btw, I knew very little about until I started messing around with the editing features of the camera. Which I also knew nothing about when I got the phone. BlackBerry really dropped the ball marketing this device.

Posted via CB10
    Cameras not bad on my Z10 or my Q10. But, I prefer the pics from my SGlll. No issues at all with them being grainy at times as with my Z. Also, IMO, It's not just the marketing. The image of BlackBerry(as a whole) took a hit more than a few years ago and they obviously didn't feel the need change the perception of the consumers. Sad part is, I still don't believe they understand that - which may cause the Z30 to suffer in sales like the previous released BB10 models.
    11-10-13 07:11 PM
    just another day on CB.....it could have been worse, no need to blow a fuse on it.....it seems people find much negative news to post on CB these days. Its just par for the course
    milo53 likes this.
    11-10-13 07:12 PM
350 ... 45678 ...