11-19-13 09:34 AM
350 ... 34567 ...
tools
    that ipad doesn't look like to be the Air though with the full bezel
    Apple doesn't necessarily agree with you. They haven't disputed the report despite being in possession of the burnt up device.
    11-10-13 03:56 PM
    Wow, I disagree.
    11-10-13 04:02 PM
    Who cares, I stopped reading Cnet a while ago.
    damien kupuku likes this.
    11-10-13 04:04 PM
    Who paid them to say that.. Apple? Google? Microsoft? Or is CNET no longer a reputable tech source

Posted via CB10
    CNET was never a reputable tech source. Their opinions were always odd, and more a reflection of their culture than anything else.
    11-10-13 04:10 PM
    People, this is the link to the Youtube video where we can give our thoughts on this video... Go ahead, have fun...

LordOfFreedom and bigbmc26 like this.
    11-10-13 04:12 PM
    As a Nintendo Fan the Wii U comment pissed me off. Never going on cnet again.
    11-10-13 04:15 PM
    I do not believe that people actually make their decisions based on stuff like that.
    11-10-13 04:25 PM
    Ah well... guess we'll just have to buy them ourselves. It's not like I've gotten anything I actually wanted from Santa in a very long time.

Posted via CB10
    m1kr0 and bungaboy like this.
    11-10-13 04:27 PM
    Don't blame him. Blame the old board of directors and -- perhaps -- blame Torsten Heins.

No company that makes devices that need continued support should announce that it wants to be parted out. Pure idiocy or greed or both.
    milo53, Bsbudd and Etios like this.
    11-10-13 04:27 PM
    Seriously folks ... who cares??
    Does anybody really expect anything different from Cnet??
    In any case, the Z30 is at the top of my Xmas list this year. Hoping Mrs Claus pulls thru!!
    11-10-13 04:28 PM
    You are correct, sir! Maybe he could be more up on recent developments, but it was the pathetic board of directors that caused this. Why should any tech expert put his readers at risk after what the board announced?

Chen needs to turn this around.
    milo53, bbq10l and Etios like this.
    11-10-13 04:29 PM
    WOW that's as IGNORANT a shot across the bow of BB as I have seen in a while Two sentences and soooo wrong... The company isn't being sold for parts and CLEARLY he has never used for any length of time the Z10/Z30. Just proves this guy is an Apple-Droid lemming. Yawn.....
    11-10-13 04:34 PM
    WOW that's as IGNORANT a shot across the bow of BB as I have seen in a while Two sentences and soooo wrong... The company isn't being sold for parts and CLEARLY he has never used for any length of time the Z10/Z30. Just proves this guy is an Apple-Droid lemming. Yawn.....
    I disagree. It really isn't an reasonable conclusion based on the last few months. Don't forget that the apparent reason they are no longer formally for sale is no buyers could or would put up the cash. That doesn't mean they are any less vulnerable as a company.
    bbq10l and Etios like this.
    11-10-13 04:44 PM
    I think they are a Microsoft company
    11-10-13 04:45 PM
    That's alot of hate at BlackBerry. Not sure what CNET is trying to prove there, but, Donald Bell is neither funny or isnt anybody I would normally ever pay attention to. I have a Z10 and I hope that the Z30 is on the top of my wife's Christmas list for me! ;-) Sorry Donald. Swing and a miss, pal.
    CNET must be racist.
    GadgetTravel likes this.
    11-10-13 04:54 PM
    Don't blame him. Blame the old board of directors and -- perhaps -- blame Torsten Heins.

No company that makes devices that need continued support should announce that it wants to be parted out. Pure idiocy or greed or both.
    I agree 100%. BOD and BB have created this image, don't blame the messenger. This could actually be good, Chen needs to address the CMO situation NOW. Articles of this nature will get his attention.

I see CB people hating on Rogers, Cnet and all the others who bangup our beloved devices. This dumb *** company needs to shake the arrogant attitude and start playing the game. Does BB have a good relationship with carriers? The press? Surely not the customers. In the past they bark out orders from Waterloo, and it worked. Because they were the only game in town. Balsille was the CMO, along with other roles. BB failed to pivot to "sell to customers" rather than "customers need BB devices"

BB created this atmosphere, not CNET. Now it's Chens task to change.
    11-10-13 05:07 PM
    It amazes me that, in the middle of Q2, BB announces it's for sale, sales tank and BB is scratching their head "why". ****ty marketing, and bad news from the BOD, then massive layoffs, 700$ devices, not the recipe for record breaking sales. What do you want from the press?
    Bsbudd, bbq10l, NYC10065 and 1 others like this.
    11-10-13 05:17 PM
    BTW, people talk about the failed BB marketing, but where is their PR group? Those are the ones who work the media in the background. Why hasn't BlackBerry had a proper SV based PR firm? Chen knows this well enough that I'm sure he will fix this.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    11-10-13 05:26 PM
    CNET reminds me of Fox news. They have agendas & are not first & foremost news outlets for their respective fields. They are both a joke, unless of course you're a staunch republican or a apple freak!

I'm embarrassed I clicked on the link & for that... I feel shame!

Posted via CB10
    Interesting you mention Fox News on the day 60minutes has to go live and eat crow for covering a story that was BS. Heads are gonna roll at 60 minutes for this.

Again, BB created this mess, not CNET. It's now Chens job to repair, if he can.
    11-10-13 05:46 PM
    I'm sure on their "top" list is an iphone or samsung: "here, have this, I thought this phone that everybody else in the world has would be great since you have no personality and love to fade into the background".

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 05:52 PM
    CNET should be on the top of that list, bunch of losers!!!!

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 06:02 PM
    How did a DVD player fare better than well, any of those?

"Here honey, I bought you a Z30 for the holidays."
    "No thanks, I'll take the Audiovox dedicated DVD player" lol
    pmccartney and LordOfFreedom like this.
    11-10-13 06:02 PM
    Better/superior in each category? According to whom? I use my BB for calls, messaging (text, email, IM), web browsing, multimedia...even in overall unfavorable reviews, all these things are praised, especially the keyboard and messaging capabilities. One could argue lack of some apps hurts in the multimedia category, but overall my Z10 is a great device. BlackBerry is still tops in messaging capability in most people's opinions.

Posted via CB10
    Who are these "most people"?

#IChooseNexus5
    bbq10l likes this.
    11-10-13 06:08 PM
    How did a DVD player fare better than well, any of those?

"Here honey, I bought you a Z30 for the holidays."
    "No thanks, I'll take the Audiovox dedicated DVD player" lol
    Honestly, that was completely biased. If anything, what he labelled as "worst" should really be the number one best, and the second worst, the Nintendo WiiU, should be second best. I'd rather have a WiiU than an XBOX or a PS. You can't play Zelda or Mario on those, now can you, and what other games are even worth playing?

The interesting this is that the vast majority of the comments agree with me on this. A few said "BlackBerry sucks", but quite a few others said likewise, and even more defended the WiiU and ChromeBook, which I know so little about that I don't have an opinion on.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 06:12 PM
    I'm sure on their "top" list is an iphone or samsung: "here, have this, I thought this phone that everybody else in the world has would be great since you have no personality and love to fade into the background".

Posted via CB10
    Your comment is ridiculous. Someone uses another phone so they have "no personality"?! People use other phones because they work, deliver an ecosystem and didn't just announce they are willing to sell themselves. At least these other phones are reliable and deliver what the majority of cell phone users want. BlackBerry cannot say that. Seriously - what is this guy supposed to say?

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 06:21 PM
350 ... 34567 ...