11-19-13 09:34 AM
350 ... 23456 ...
tools
    Wow, that was brutal. But it's likely quite true...
    11-10-13 01:54 PM
    Probably a good way to respond is to call the list a funny joke and say BlackBerry 10 is in fact the best kept secret of the year

This is the brand perception problem BlackBerry faces and staying quiet on the sidelines allows the media to continually have a field day - which hurts BlackBerry's business in a self fulfilling downward spiral because people only hear negative reinforcement which makes them look away immediately which hurts sales, causing more press like this, etc.

John Chen needs an all new marketing and PR firm to turn this around. Great technology alone won't solve this.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 02:02 PM
    Who paid them to say that.. Apple? Google? Microsoft? Or is CNET no longer a reputable tech source

Posted via CB10
    Let's be real here. If anyone paid for this honor at all, I would find it easier to believe that it was Frank Boulben and BlackBerry than Apple, Google or Microsoft.

Just think, this right here would be the best marketing BlackBerry has done in months.
    milo53 and BlackStormRising like this.
    11-10-13 02:07 PM
    CNET must be shorting the stock. Air heads will be air heads.
    Actually, quite likely the opposite is true.
    Many financial 'analysts' give recommendations based on the current or previous stock performance.
    Clearly, Apple and Android are the leaders today and CNET amuses the masses by downplaying BlackBerry.
    However, if they are really in investments then they would be accumulating BBR shares today to sell it later when their videos changes to 'BlackBerry is the best device ever'.
    11-10-13 02:09 PM
    I think everyone is getting strung up on the fact that a blackberry is on that list. Why buy any of those products, when you can buy better/superior products in each category (if your budget allows)?

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    Better/superior in each category? According to whom? I use my BB for calls, messaging (text, email, IM), web browsing, multimedia...even in overall unfavorable reviews, all these things are praised, especially the keyboard and messaging capabilities. One could argue lack of some apps hurts in the multimedia category, but overall my Z10 is a great device. BlackBerry is still tops in messaging capability in most people's opinions.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and bigbmc26 like this.
    11-10-13 02:12 PM
    Let's be real here. If anyone paid for this honor at all, I would find it easier to believe that it was Frank Boulben and BlackBerry than Apple, Google or Microsoft.

Just think, this right here would be the best marketing BlackBerry has done in months.
    Sadly, this is tough to argue with....

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 02:14 PM
    Better/superior in each category? According to whom? I use my BB for calls, messaging (text, email, IM), web browsing, multimedia...even in overall unfavorable reviews, all these things are praised, especially the keyboard and messaging capabilities. One could argue lack of some apps hurts in the multimedia category, but overall my Z10 is a great device. BlackBerry is still tops in messaging capability in most people's opinions.

Posted via CB10
    99% of the smartphone market.

BlackBerry 10 may meet your needs perfectly, but less than 1% of the smartphone market has adopted it even though it has been commercially available for months and it costs about the same as other smart phones do. We can blame it on marketing, the biased media, lack of apps or flag waving Americans all we want, but the masses have spoken with their wallets.

I think the world is foolishly happy with there being a duopoply in the smartphone market. Players like Firefox, Sailfish and Ubuntu don't stand a chance, just because people are happy with either Android or iOS and dont feel the need to try something new. It will ultimately hurt consumers in the end.
    11-10-13 02:21 PM
    He sad the company IS being sold for parts. That's a lie.
    Can you blame him? Wasn't it Blackberry BoD that stupidly put "We are for sale" sign?
    milo53, bbq10l and Etios like this.
    11-10-13 02:28 PM

Posted via CB10
    Calm down, I'm not calling os10 garbage. The z10 is great for calls/texts and messaging. However plenty of people want more out a device such as a great camera, push notifications for all apps, music equalizer (hopefully this has been added to os10), and access to high quality business/entertainment apps. The keyboard on the z10/z/30 is phenomenal. It's without a doubt one of my favorite features.

11-10-13 02:31 PM
    I think everyone is getting strung up on the fact that a blackberry is on that list. Why buy any of those products, when you can buy better/superior products in each category (if your budget allows)?

That's what he was saying and it is hard to disagree. The only exception was the fitness trackers and he said the problem with that wasn't the devices but rather giving them as gifts. Hard for me to disagree with the list.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 02:32 PM
    He is probably right, but I might ignore his opinion and pick up a Z30 for myself
    11-10-13 02:33 PM
    99% of the smartphone market.

BlackBerry 10 may meet your needs perfectly, but less than 1% of the smartphone market has adopted it even though it has been commercially available for months and it costs about the same as other smart phones do. We can blame it on marketing, the biased media, lack of apps or flag waving Americans all we want, but the masses have spoken with their wallets.

I think the world is foolishly happy with there being a duopoply in the smartphone market. Players like Firefox, Sailfish and Ubuntu don't stand a chance, just because people are happy with either Android or iOS and dont feel the need to try something new. It will ultimately hurt consumers in the end.
    Good points, but still not superior. I was just pointing out that even in generally unfavorable reviews, the things I mentioned, many times, were acknowledged has having at least caught up to, if not surpassed the competition. As far as marketing, that's all on BlackBerry. They didn't even try to fight back against the negativity in the press and stupidly announced their "strategic review" or what have you. All that most pulled from that was "going out of business" which was repeated over and over with a very slow response from BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    SK122387 and bigbmc26 like this.
    11-10-13 02:40 PM
    Maybe he meant don't bother to look for one or buy one because you may not be able to find one! It's not like that they are in the front of the displays in any store, or you see promotional posters and ads for them any place anyhow. Out of sight, Out of mind like the old expression goes. More for me! Come on Verizon! Hopefully Nov 14th as I was told. Nothing is going to stop me. Hope this ***** chokes on his words!!
    Last edited by DJM626; 11-10-13 at 04:26 PM.
    11-10-13 02:42 PM
    Calm down, I'm not calling os10 garbage. The z10 is great for calls/texts and messaging. However plenty of people want more out a device such as a great camera, push notifications for all apps, music equalizer (hopefully this has been added to os10), and access to high quality business/entertainment apps. The keyboard on the z10/z/30 is phenomenal. It's without a doubt one of my favorite features.

Valid points. I would not discount the camera though. I took some great outdoor shots of the family while on vacation and made a cool short video of the pics set to music using the Story Maker feature. Which, btw, I knew very little about until I started messing around with the editing features of the camera. Which I also knew nothing about when I got the phone. BlackBerry really dropped the ball marketing this device.

Posted via CB10
    SK122387 likes this.
    11-10-13 02:49 PM
    I'm a Q10 user, but that's because I have a 5s too.
    If your under 40 or want to do anything on your phone other than call/text/email you need an iphone or android.

I love my BBERRY for the sake of nostalgia, but truthfully this thing kinda sucks. I couldn't imagine having to use this phone full time.

Unless the Play Store gets put on BlackBerry devices (with a marketing campaign with Google involved), we should all start engraving a headstone for our devices.

Napster....Sega....AOL.....BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    What are you talking about?

I'm 25 and use a Q10 pretty much full time (though I sometimes use my Z10).

You think Google will help market a BlackBerry because it has Google Play? That's just as far off-base as your other statements.
    11-10-13 02:49 PM
    I wonder if the iPad Air will also make CNET's list? Somehow I doubt it.

iPad Air catches fire in store, forces evacuation - The Times of India
    11-10-13 03:01 PM
    When a "tech" site routinely front pages articles like top ten ios games, top 50 ipad cases, top 20 iphone/ ipad accessories . They lose all credibility. I haven't read cnet in three years.

Jesse its time to cook.....
    freedomx20a, bungaboy and vrud like this.
    11-10-13 03:05 PM
    There are two items on that list that I would really love to have: a WiiU and a Z10. Who is CNet to say that those things are bad, when they quite clearly are not? Can you play Zelda and Mario on a PS4? Nope. And those are the only games I care about.

Posted via CB10
    SK122387 and shellnsean like this.
    11-10-13 03:16 PM
    I wonder if the iPad Air will also make CNET's list? Somehow I doubt it.

iPad Air catches fire in store, forces evacuation - The Times of India
    that ipad doesn't look like to be the Air though with the full bezel
    11-10-13 03:17 PM
    I'm a Q10 user, but that's because I have a 5s too.
    If your under 40 or want to do anything on your phone other than call/text/email you need an iphone or android.

I love my BBERRY for the sake of nostalgia, but truthfully this thing kinda sucks. I couldn't imagine having to use this phone full time.

Unless the Play Store gets put on BlackBerry devices (with a marketing campaign with Google involved), we should all start engraving a headstone for our devices.

Napster....Sega....AOL.....BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    This is pretty close to my view of or as well. I love the Q10 keyboard but I would really be limited if I didn't have an iPhone and only had the Q10.
    bbq10l likes this.
    11-10-13 03:18 PM
    Well I did exactly the opposite of what he said and got my girl a z10 for Christmas..
    Early gift, as she needed a phone and she didn't want an iPhone or Android, u might not believe one of her reason to..she asked me if bbm is going to be as "built in" into iPhone and Android as much a z10 and after explained what the difference will be, she said z10 plz.

Anyway what I'm saying is..he can say not to buy it, ok.
    But going around saying that the company is being sold for parts is where the line should be drawn

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and mujahid 10 like this.
    11-10-13 03:22 PM
    I actually laughed.....its funny to see someone actually spew that much hate towards a electronic device
    For me he went over the line when he bashed all BlackBerry products instead of say, a single product, and his reason was BS and inaccurate.

This is slander.

-STV on Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.4780 TMO US
    bungaboy likes this.
    11-10-13 03:22 PM
    Who paid them to say that.. Apple? Google? Microsoft? Or is CNET no longer a reputable tech source

Posted via CB10
    No one has to pay ppl to say negative things about BlackBerry. Ppl are generally ill-informed about BlackBerry products and that's BlackBerry's fault.

It snowballs and ppl start hating for no reason. Then it becomes a "thing" and funny to make fun of BlackBerry. Whipping boys.

Fired from my Z10
    leehardballer12 likes this.
    11-10-13 03:29 PM
    What a fool. I guess he didn't get the news BlackBerry is not for sale. Who buys gadgets from CNET reviews.

Posted from the most powerful smartphone,z10
    11-10-13 03:31 PM
    What a fool. I guess he didn't get the news BlackBerry is not for sale. Who buys gadgets from CNET reviews.

Posted from the most powerful smartphone,z10
    I don't think his comments were unreasonable given recent BB announcements and the consensus of financial analysts reporting on BB.
    Saiga, JeepBB, milo53 and 2 others like this.
    11-10-13 03:44 PM
350 ... 23456 ...