tools
    People still go to the CNET site.
    11-10-13 11:56 AM
    People still go to the CNET site.
    CNET Alexa Traffic Rank:
    Global 95 USA 44

CrackBerry Alexa Traffic Rank:
    Global 3,608 USA 3,587

Yep, I believe people are still going to the CNET site.
    milo53, bekkay, Etios and 6 others like this.
    11-10-13 12:01 PM
    These are only the worst tech gifts if the recipient doesn't want them. If they do want them, then they're the best tech gifts
    11-10-13 12:02 PM
    Even in the worst case scenario that BlackBerry is broken into pieces and there are no more applications developed nor device software updates the BlackBerry 10 smartphones would remain useful to many people for standard email (POP, IMAP, Microsoft ActiveSync), web browsing, media streaming & playback, instant messaging including SMS and MMS, and taking snapshots. Content backup is available via Box, DropBox, Google Drive, et. al. so the demise of BlackBerry Protect, as crippled as it has been made at least for BlackBerry 10 smartphones is not a show stopper either. Yes, there are other uses but I am listing the basic tasks most people whom buy a smartphone are seeking. Just make sure to download the latest version of BlackBerry Link and the BlackBerry OS 10 version for your smartphone...just in case. The BlackBerry 10 smartphones unlike their predecessors (BlackBerry 4/5/6/7) do NOT require the existence of any services provided by BlackBerry, the company.
    stackberry369 likes this.
    11-10-13 12:05 PM
    Yep everyone agrees the phones rock though everyone is scared of having a phone that will no longer be supported if the company goes under. It's too late for BlackBerry to do anything to curb perception for this holiday season so I'm not surprised to hear this.

BlackBerry needs to hit reset and prep for 2014 holiday season instead.
    11-10-13 12:08 PM
    CNET reminds me of Fox news. They have agendas & are not first & foremost news outlets for their respective fields. They are both a joke, unless of course you're a staunch republican or a apple freak!

I'm embarrassed I clicked on the link & for that... I feel shame!

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 12:08 PM
    I'm sorry. This is hilarious! Anyone want to get me a Z30 as a gift? I won't stop you...
    11-10-13 12:11 PM
    That was harsh. And frankly, who is he to give such advice to audience? Or does he think the audience is just a bunch of dumb children not knowing where to throw their money? I mean, I can decide myself which present to choose. And those hateful (not to say false) remarks about BlackBerry just looked inappropriate. I could accept that coming from renowned tech expert (but the fact is that expert of that caliber would not allow himself to say such words about the company that is going through hard times), but not from some Donald Bell, who thinks that he's poignant and funny at bashing companies, that know zillions times more about tech than him.

That video was a complete waste of time.
    11-10-13 12:12 PM
    telling the truth is bad right? they must be paid by someone who is interested to see a non competitor go away...
    Cnet has not been interested in telling the truth for a long time.
    I would not pay attention to anything they have to say

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 12:55 PM
    Or does he think the audience is just a bunch of dumb children not knowing where to throw their money?
    Yes, I think that video is for pure entertainment.
    There are so many factors in play so I believe not many people would follow.
    I can't afford giving 500$ Christmas presents to my friends, so Z30 is off my list.
    At the same time, I can imagine prosumer folks with big pockets can pick it for their circles - I doubt they would watch such programs.
    11-10-13 01:00 PM
    They compiled pictures of BlackBerrys with "BlackBerry" on the devices, but still used "Blackberry" in their graphic. Real quality work.

It's also embarrassing that he seems to be unaware of or just not care about last week's news, the part about the company not being for sale anymore (not as a whole or in parts).

They also showed old BlackBerrys, I think a Curve 8520 or something really old, between images of the Z30. Not that BlackBerry's marketing has done much to differentiate the old and new models, but stuff like this throws all BlackBerrys together.

I don't want a BlackBerry for Christmas because I hope to have the Z30 before then, if it ever becomes available in the U.S.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    11-10-13 01:04 PM
    I didn't watch the vid but I saw a laptop on the thumbnail of the vid. Laptops are horrible gifts really..

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 01:04 PM
    When did CNET post this article?

BlackBerry need to contact them and have it pulled, threaten legal action if required.

This article is spreading the lie that BlackBerry is being sold for parts causing huge damage to the brand.

CrackBerry staff PLEASE bring this to BlackBerry's attention ASAP.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 01:08 PM
    I'm a Q10 user, but that's because I have a 5s too.
    If your under 40 or want to do anything on your phone other than call/text/email you need an iphone or android.

I love my BBERRY for the sake of nostalgia, but truthfully this thing kinda sucks. I couldn't imagine having to use this phone full time.

Unless the Play Store gets put on BlackBerry devices (with a marketing campaign with Google involved), we should all start engraving a headstone for our devices.

Napster....Sega....AOL.....BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    bbq10l and Etios like this.
    11-10-13 01:16 PM
    CNET Alexa Traffic Rank:
    Global 95 USA 44

CrackBerry Alexa Traffic Rank:
    Global 3,608 USA 3,587

Yep, I believe people are still going to the CNET site.
    Thanks for the good link.

CNET went up 14 points in the last 3 month, which is about 15% based on their current place
    crackberry went up 1,152 which is about 25%

It suggests that more people start looking at CB than at CNET, compared to their base audiences.
    Yes, it's more difficult to do +1 once you're in the top but still.
    Good job CB team!
    epark88 likes this.
    11-10-13 01:17 PM
    Yeah, wow but lets not all get but-t hurt over this. It is what it is. lets push on

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by c_legaspi; 11-10-13 at 01:46 PM.
    m1a1mg likes this.
    11-10-13 01:29 PM
    Thanks for the good link.

CNET went up 14 points in the last 3 month, which is about 15% based on their current place
    crackberry went up 1,152 which is about 25%

It suggests that more people start looking at CB than at CNET, compared to their base audiences.
    Yes, it's more difficult to do +1 once you're in the top but still.
    Good job CB team!
    It is good on them for improving it. I remember when they were into the 4200s. I also remember when CB was by far the most visited mobile nations site. Now that isn't the case. Android Central blew right past them. They currently sit at 1,632 for global and iMore is quickly catching up with 4,208 at the moment. Which is a jump of more than 3,000 spots over the last quarter.

If the next 3 months play out like the last 3 did, iMore.com will be ahead of CrackBerry as well. Might be time for a few folks to stop telling everyone to go to Android Central or iMore just because of differeing opinions, cause it looks like the are starting to listen. Lol
    TgeekB, Etios and Coachbulldog like this.
    11-10-13 01:30 PM
    Even in the worst case scenario that BlackBerry is broken into pieces and there are no more applications developed nor device software updates the BlackBerry 10 smartphones would remain useful to many people for standard email (POP, IMAP, Microsoft ActiveSync), web browsing, media streaming & playback, instant messaging including SMS and MMS, and taking snapshots. Content backup is available via Box, DropBox, Google Drive, et. al. so the demise of BlackBerry Protect, as crippled as it has been made at least for BlackBerry 10 smartphones is not a show stopper either. Yes, there are other uses but I am listing the basic tasks most people whom buy a smartphone are seeking. Just make sure to download the latest version of BlackBerry Link and the BlackBerry OS 10 version for your smartphone...just in case. The BlackBerry 10 smartphones unlike their predecessors (BlackBerry 4/5/6/7) do NOT require the existence of any services provided by BlackBerry, the company.
    Basic usage is not what people are looking for in a smartphone. They want and expect more from a phone than calls, email and web-browsing. They want support and updated software. They want apps. For what they paid, they deserve all that. Other phones can already do those things. To buy a BlackBerry KNOWING there would be no further suppor or updates would be foolish.

Posted via CB10
    TgeekB, Etios and barnfoot like this.
    11-10-13 01:30 PM
    If your under 40 or want to do anything on your phone other than call/text/email you need an iphone or android.

I love my BBERRY for the sake of nostalgia, but truthfully this thing kinda sucks. I couldn't imagine having to use this phone full time.

Unless the Play Store gets put on BlackBerry devices (with a marketing campaign with Google involved), we should all start engraving a headstone for our devices.

Posted via CB10
    Lol, what? I'm under forty and I use my Z10 for way more than that...

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 01:31 PM
    I wonder if the iPad Air will also make CNET's list? Somehow I doubt it.

iPad Air catches fire in store, forces evacuation - The Times of India
    bungaboy and wafiwanders like this.
    11-10-13 01:32 PM

Posted via CB10
    Exactly right. I can't use my q10 full time either. Have to use iphone5. Getting android apps may be the only thing that saves them.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 01:33 PM
    BlackBerry is on this list for the wrong reason. You can still use the phone even if the company gets sold. I mean flip phones are still around. I don't even know who makes them anymore but they are out there. CNET is so dumb. They might as well have included Motorola Razor in that list. Lol

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 01:33 PM
    Who paid them to say that.. Apple? Google? Microsoft? Or is CNET no longer a reputable tech source

Posted via CB10
    C'mon...do you really think Apple, Google or Microsoft care so much as to "pay" anyone to say anything about BBRY devices?!?
    Saiga, JeepBB, bekkay and 2 others like this.
    11-10-13 01:36 PM
    Some people talk complete nollocks. Can't imagine using this phone full time? Can't buy stuff online? What trosh. This article didn't say anything bad about devices just that there is a risk that BlackBerry won't be here next year and there is a risk. I've got a pinch of salt for that.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 01:52 PM
    CNET must be shorting the stock. Air heads will be air heads.
    11-10-13 01:53 PM
350 12345 ...