11-19-13 09:34 AM
350 ... 121314
tools
    more and more i start to get annoyed with my z10.. i can see why this is there on the list.

this really isnt a troll post. recently ive had huge problems with the maps app.. it doesnt want to navigate.. constantly telling me 'my places' is not available.. or there was an error.. im not in the middle of nowhere.. im in a place with good reception.. but as im away for a few days this place is completely new to me and is not the best place to gert lost..

i know i know.. get a map... or an iphone which hasnt faltered... thankfully i have a friend with google maps... yes i know its google.. not a native iphone maps app.. which some might say is just as bad,.., but the google maps app is at least available on the iphone looool..

pathetic..

my next uopgrade is looking more and more to be an android or iphone.. this phone is unreliable.

and so yes.. i wouldnt give it as a present... unless i wanted to purposely give someone a non premium product.

i do want to be proved wrong... but more and more blackberry are letting me down when i need them the most....
    BlackBerry Maps may not be the best, but neither is the native mapping app on the iPhone.

Apple Maps Is So Bad It Will Tell You To Drive Across An Airport Runway

The problem with BlackBerry is the perception. BlackBerry phones are no worse than any other mobile phone. Because of the lack of popularity all most folks know about BlackBerry is from all this negativity from the press like what's found in this CNET video. I work in the Tech industry for an ISP and a co-worker actually said to me "BlackBerry phones are not smartphones. They are just feature phones." he obviously hadn't used or researched BlackBerry, but with that type of perception and press like CNET why would he?
    clickitykeys likes this.
    11-12-13 05:07 PM
    Boo hiss!!
    11-12-13 05:51 PM
    Terrible for them to say all their products suck...this is the negativity that is hurting BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 06:12 PM
    Terrible for them to say all their products suck...this is the negativity that is hurting BlackBerry

Posted via CB10

Hmm maybe you misunderstood the video (or just didn't watch it) considering that's not what he said at all. And it all comes down to BlackBerry themselves for digging themselves into this mess. In the end, it's BlackBerry's fault, not the journalists'.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 using Tapatalk
    11-12-13 09:27 PM
    And it all comes down to BlackBerry themselves for digging themselves into this mess. In the end, it's BlackBerry's fault, not the journalists'.
    The CNET guy made a factually incorrect statement. Can we assign him a little bit of the blame? A smidgen?

Verizon Q10 with 10.2 :-)
    11-12-13 09:46 PM
    The CNET guy made a factually incorrect statement. Can we assign him a little bit of the blame? A smidgen?

Verizon Q10 with 10.2 :-)

Sure, but in general you can't deny that the current media "attacks" or "biases" are caused only by BlackBerry themselves. It all roots back to their actions.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 using Tapatalk
    techvisor likes this.
    11-12-13 09:58 PM
    His statement (BlackBerry is being sold for parts) was incorrect, but his conclusion (BlackBerry handsets are not a good gift idea because BlackBerry is in trouble) probably wasn't.
    Terser Nori and techvisor like this.
    11-12-13 10:07 PM
    CNET can go blow goats, that dile hole has no clue what he is talking about.

Posted Via Q10 Super Phone
    11-12-13 10:52 PM
    BlackBerry Maps may not be the best, but neither is the native mapping app on the iPhone.

The problem with BlackBerry is the perception. BlackBerry phones are no worse than any other mobile phone. Because of the lack of popularity all most folks know about BlackBerry is from all this negativity from the press like what's found in this CNET video. I work in the Tech industry for an ISP and a co-worker actually said to me "BlackBerry phones are not smartphones. They are just feature phones." he obviously hadn't used or researched BlackBerry, but with that type of perception and press like CNET why would he?
    i agree.. but i am dissapointed with the lack of alternatives.. and google maps is the first one that springs to mind.. noweherre to be seen in blackberry world (like most apps) and sideloaded version is a beta of an older google maps app loool... not to mention about 99% of people dont sideload.

blackberry is certainly is a smartphone... but no worse than any other? well i would argue otherwise.... now i am a blackberry fanand want them to succeed cos i like bb10... but it still behind unfortunately.i dont have the blackberry cloud infront of me that skews my judgment and causes me to defend blackberry at every negative press. not to mention that any critisicm aimed at blackberry is met negatively by the crackberry nation.

its time to be a lil realistic now, and clear that blackberry cloud infront of people faces. this is not aimed at you spencerNSO specifically.. but it was your comment saying blackberry are no worse than any other smartphone that made me want to reply.. and i simply can not side with you on this. BB10 for me would be the best operating system out there (having used android winfows and ios)!!! however... the reason it is ignored is not just bad perception.. while the os is great... (and no i dont count bugs as an issue, as it isnt.. they r just to be fixed like every other os).. it is also lacking in what the competiton is succeeding in.

Primarily the app situation. now a typical response is, yh but i dont need this app or that app.. ive read a million times. and i also see where they r coming from as i thought that myself. but.. i do find myself wanting all the apps... as friends start using one, i wanna jump on board.. and why not? as my family start using line cos its popular in their country i want to start using it so i contact them through video chatting too... and so on and so on.... and with every single app that i have wanted.. it has never been available in blackberry world. and this will continue for a long time.. the apps are just not there... so in this respect it is worse than the other os's.

Sideloading is an awful altewrnativ. im not gonna explain my gripe with it.... lets just conclude that the main apps you sideload simply dont work well.. are buggy, lacking in features.. or require software engineers to get it to work (think instagram) woooowwww.. someone figured out how to upload videos...its novemeber.. they been trying since bb10 was released.. do u think this acceptable from a consumers standpoint? do u think the average consumer knows what sideloading is or how to sideload? come on man... u cant possibly say bb10 is no worse than the other os's

then.. theres the features that bb10 now have that have cuaght up with the comp.. voice controls, more integrated fb and tiwtter apps etc... only ,.. they havent quite caught up havre they? they just added the features.. but the competition are miles ahead. why is it that facebook on the other os's is so advanced in features.. chat heads etc... and the same with twittetr than bb10... saying blackberry make the fb app is not an acceptable answer... its not on par with the competition is it? and this is how it is for all the other apps that do actually exist in blackberry world! same with voice control.. lool why implement a female version of microsoft sam.. look at what android and ios have done with voice recognistion.. its far more user friendly and advanced... look at the frequency at which apps are updated... very rarely for bb10... quite frequently for the other os's

its exactly those little things... the really really small things that show bb 10 is just not on par with the competition.. cos it lacks in breadth and depth of the features the other os's have...

that, is why noone has adopted bb10. its the app situation, and the small things that make an os beatuiful and interactive. apple and android succeeded sorry to say.

in conclusion.. yes, blackberry worse than the other os's.

again this was not aimed at u specifically!! just something i wanted to say. its getting harder and harder to defend blackberry... they put themselves in this situation and continue to do so...its the worse tech gift possibly i the sense that u dont get as mucyh ouit of it as u can with other platforms.. so why would u go bb10 when u can get more (for the same price or less) on android or apple..
    11-13-13 07:57 AM

Apple Maps may have gotten off to a shaky start but this is only because Google had the advantage of being on the iPhone for 5 years longer and collecting map data during that time.

Today, the story is different. Google lost about 23 million U.S. mobile users as a result of being knocked off the iPhone when Apple Maps debuted. And the Mountain View Internet giant has no one to blame but itself.

Building a map application is not easy, as the number of options is very limited. However, having an integrated map app in your device is essential and even though Google Maps are the de facto standard they are only there to ignite Google's core business of collecting user data to sell advertising space.

BlackBerry failed to see the value in the future of ultra powerful portable devices and because of this mistake no one will ever see them as being a visionary company.

So going back on topic when the CNET reporter said BlackBerry is "being sold for parts", all he was doing was re-iterating the news headlines and the sentiment of the industry. Today's story is that there is no sale of BlackBerry or its parts.

Until someone makes an offer they can't refuse.
    11-14-13 11:28 AM
    Apple Maps may have gotten off to a shaky start but this is only because Google had the advantage of being on the iPhone for 5 years longer and collecting map data during that time.

Today, the story is different. Google lost about 23 million U.S. mobile users as a result of being knocked off the iPhone when Apple Maps debuted. And the Mountain View Internet giant has no one to blame but itself.
    That doesn't necessarily contradict that Apple Maps is inferior to Google Maps.
    meltbox360 likes this.
    11-14-13 12:03 PM
    That doesn't necessarily contradict that Apple Maps is inferior to Google Maps.
    Last I heard Google maps is available on ios. Even if apple has one horrible app at least there is a native alternative for it available, and what does "apple maps" have anything to do with the thread?

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 01:08 PM
    what does "apple maps" have anything to do with the thread?
    Read the thread, specifically page 14.
    11-14-13 01:11 PM
    Read the thread, specifically page 14.
    Just show me a quote.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 01:22 PM

Building a map application is not easy, as the number of options is very limited. However, having an integrated map app in your device is essential and even though Google Maps are the de facto standard they are only there to ignite Google's core business of collecting user data to sell advertising space.

BlackBerry failed to see the value in the future of ultra powerful portable devices and because of this mistake no one will ever see them as being a visionary company.

So going back on topic when the CNET reporter said BlackBerry is "being sold for parts", all he was doing was re-iterating the news headlines and the sentiment of the industry. Today's story is that there is no sale of BlackBerry or its parts.

Until someone makes an offer they can't refuse.
    The only reason people moved to the inferior apple maps os because it's the default app that opens for anything mapping related. Can't change that in iOS unless you jailbreak. Essentially Apple strong-armed Google out by making it a nuisance to use Google maps.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 01:36 PM
    Just show me a quote.
    i know i know.. get a map... or an iphone which hasnt faltered... thankfully i have a friend with google maps... yes i know its google.. not a native iphone maps app.. which some might say is just as bad,.., but the google maps app is at least available on the iphone looool..
    That started it. There was then a reply, to which there was a reply, to which there was a reply, to which I replied, and so on.
    11-14-13 01:46 PM
    more and more i start to get annoyed with my z10.. i can see why this is there on the list.

this really isnt a troll post. recently ive had huge problems with the maps app.. it doesnt want to navigate.. constantly telling me 'my places' is not available.. or there was an error.. im not in the middle of nowhere.. im in a place with good reception.. but as im away for a few days this place is completely new to me and is not the best place to gert lost..

pathetic..

my next uopgrade is looking more and more to be an android or iphone.. this phone is unreliable.

and so yes.. i wouldnt give it as a present... unless i wanted to purposely give someone a non premium product.

i do want to be proved wrong... but more and more blackberry are letting me down when i need them the most....
    K

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 01:53 PM
    That started it. There was then a reply, to which there was a reply, to which there was a reply, to which I replied, and so on.
    Yea there really was no reason for that post.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 01:54 PM
    Those reasons are why the z10 is the worst tech to have for Xmas. These things don't come from nowhere.. believe me its not cos they have a hate for BlackBerry.

It's kit a conspiracy.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 02:34 PM
    I WISH it was just toward one device. He actually said people should not buy any BlackBerry product whatsoever In other words, he's telling consumers that it doesn't matter what it is -- if it says "BlackBerry" on it, don't buy it.
    Would you buy a BlackBerry (PlayBook) tablet today?
    11-14-13 04:04 PM
    Those reasons are why the z10 is the worst tech to have for Xmas. These things don't come from nowhere.. believe me its not cos they have a hate for BlackBerry.

It's kit a conspiracy.

Posted via CB10
    64GB for 89$.
    Then yes.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 04:23 PM
    The price of a PlayBook today is probably less than that of one of those knockoff Android tablets. Who would buy a PlayBook today?
    11-14-13 06:33 PM
    The price of a PlayBook today is probably less than that of one of those knockoff Android tablets. Who would buy a PlayBook today?
    Yes. I would, if I had the money and had the time to find one.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 09:47 PM
    I actually laughed.....its funny to see someone actually spew that much hate towards a electronic device
    yeah, I get the feeling that this Bell character had his vibrating **** plug short circuit while in use and at the same time eating a bowl of blackberries off his co-workers *****.. ever since then he obviously has a sore spot toward anything to do with electric blackberries.

... funny thing is, my comment was about as informed as his comment, sold for parts....

I hope he doesn't find out that I still have a dlp tv in the rec room... they are no longer produced, yet it didn't magically disappear into the thin air the day the last one was manufactured. so, even if blackberry went away, it doesn't mean the device in your pocket will vanish too.

I think a worst gift would be a iphone 4s. they are still available for sale, yet they are small, and outdated.... that would be a bad gift, and it would tell your loved one that you only cared enough to spend $0.00 and lock them in a 2 year contract
    axllebeer, Spawn12 and bjohnston7 like this.
    11-19-13 08:24 AM
    A software update cannot increase the battery capacity.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    Software changes can decrease the consumption time of battery charge. BlackBerry is the best phone in the world.

Hotdogs
    axllebeer likes this.
    11-19-13 09:34 AM
350 ... 121314