11-19-13 09:34 AM
350 ... 1011121314
tools
    You expect BlackBerry to pursue legal action over someone stating an opinion?

Posted via CB10
    I mean, it's not unheard of.
    And has its own term in the realm of law.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defamation

"Defamation?also called calumny, vilification, or traducement?is the communication of a false statement that harms the reputation of an individual, business, product, group, government, religion, or nation. Most jurisdictions allow legal action to deter various kinds of defamation and retaliate against groundless criticism.

Under common law, to constitute defamation, a claim must generally be false and have been made to someone other than the person defamed.[1] Some common law jurisdictions also distinguish between spoken defamation, called slander, and defamation in other media such as printed words or images, called libel.[2]"

Posted via CB10
    vrud likes this.
    11-11-13 12:04 PM
    Well the journalist is speaking fallacies, borderline slander. So yes, they can take legal action.

BBM channels: c00121c99 for some knowledge and c00123fca for some real hip hop
    Lol BlackBerry publicly announced that they were on the market for buyers. They didn't find one at the moment that could come up with the funds. His statement is neither true nor false. It's an opinion influenced by the actions and state that BlackBerry is in. It is a opinion video that you guys are whining about. He obviously cannot make his"top 5 worst gifts" come off as facts. The reason why it hurts so much because it is true.
    11-11-13 12:19 PM
    Lol BlackBerry publicly announced that they were on the market for buyers. They didn't find one at the moment that could come up with the funds. His statement is neither true nor false. It's an opinion influenced by the actions and state that BlackBerry is in. It is a opinion video that you guys are whining about. He obviously cannot make his"top 5 worst gifts" come off as facts. The reason why it hurts so much because it is true.
    I don't care if he lists BlackBerry as #1,2,3,4 or 5. He's spewing out incorrect information to his viewers. That's what I have a problem with.
    11-11-13 12:31 PM
    I don't care if he lists BlackBerry as #1,2,3,4 or 5. He's spewing out incorrect information. That's what I have a problem with.
    What exactly is the incorrect information?? Do you know for fact that BlackBerry is NOT selling for parts? They also weren't looking to sell the company...of course until they tried.
    11-11-13 12:37 PM
    he's a hater, saying that $1300 POS is a better buy than any BB....D-Bag
    11-11-13 12:40 PM
    Do you know for fact that BlackBerry is NOT selling for parts? They also weren't looking to sell the company...of course until they tried.
    Do you know for a fact that my cat was NOT abducted by aliens and returned 10 minutes ago? She also wasn't looking to go to outerspace, ... of course until she did.

:-) Proving a negative is logically impossible, ... and all that jazz. Just saying that people who object to Donald Bell's words have at least as strong a point as he does.
    11-11-13 12:47 PM
    Do you know for a fact that my cat was NOT abducted by aliens and returned 10 minutes ago? She also wasn't looking to go to outerspace, ... of course until she did.

:-) Proving a negative is logically impossible, ... and all that jazz. Just saying that people who object to Donald Bell's words have at least as strong a point as he does.
    Exactly. This might of went over your head..but you are agreeing with me!! The point is it is an opinion. The same opinion that everyone on this forum is entitled to. Only difference is the market opinion tends to lean towards his side. This was not that big of a deal. Is it really a surprise that pretty much most of the world doesn't want a BlackBerry let alone as a Christmas gift . People are entitled to their objection. Let's just not act like this was pulled out of thin air
    11-11-13 01:18 PM
    "Don't buy Blackberry because it is a corporate bailout!" Is this guy for real. That is the reason not to buy Blackberry because it will lead to a great company getting stronger. This guy has been into the double double egg nog already
    11-11-13 01:56 PM
    "Don't buy Blackberry because it is a corporate bailout!" Is this guy for real. That is the reason not to buy Blackberry because it will lead to a great company getting stronger. This guy has been into the double double egg nog already
    Some may say you have been too for being rediculously over positive.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    11-11-13 02:19 PM

Let's see how many devices Blackberry sells over the holidays. I have a feeling its not going to be pretty.
    11-11-13 02:22 PM
    Wow... poorly informed piece of journalism there!

Posted with my Zed via CeeBeeTen
    11-11-13 02:42 PM
    Let's see how many devices Blackberry sells over the holidays. I have a feeling its not going to be pretty.
    Note:
    (a) We are talking about cheap, dumb humor and misleading information in the program.
    (b) No one is saying that BBRY will sell tons of devices. We know that the outlook is very grim.

I suggest you understand the difference between (a) and (b) before making a "Let's see who is right" type of comment. But, if misunderstanding the sentiment of this thread floats your boat, I have no wish to rain on your parade.

Also, realize that the CNET Top 5 is more of an entertainment piece for technological hipsters to feel good about what they buy or don't buy. It does not make any pretenses to be a work of journalism. Have fun with the snarky comments if you can, or send some snark back, or move on. It is not that big a deal.
    app_Developer likes this.
    11-11-13 02:52 PM
    Speaking of the Holidays....I wonder, what if BB10 launched before Christmas, with Q10, with a good CMO? A year ago, knocking off Apple was topic. What difference a year makes!

CNET Top 5 Worst Tech Gifts for 2013-image.jpg
    axllebeer likes this.
    11-11-13 02:55 PM
    I disagree also. The Chromebook shouldn't be on the list. There is a new Haswell model that is very fast and still only in the mid $200. Chromebooks are great for anyone who isn't playing games or doing video editing. Also I don't believe phones should be given out for a Holiday gift. Give the person money and let them choose.
    I think he was focused on the pixel, which is more like $1300. That's a lot, considering a lot of people do still need the real MS Office, or the real Adobe Creative Suite or specific developer tools.

The $200 ones make good sense of course because that is easy to justify as a second computer if you already have a PC or Mac for other things.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    11-11-13 03:00 PM
    Note:
    (a) We are talking about cheap, dumb humor and misleading information in the program.
    (b) No one is saying that BBRY will sell tons of devices. We know that the outlook is very grim.

I suggest you understand the difference between (a) and (b) before making a "Let's see who is right" type of comment. But, if misunderstanding the sentiment of this thread floats your boat, I have no wish to rain on your parade.

Also, realize that the CNET Top 5 is more of an entertainment piece for technological hipsters to feel good about what they buy or don't buy. It does not make any pretenses to be a work of journalism. Have fun with the snarky comments if you can, or send some snark back, or move on. It is not that big a deal.
    Did that make you feel better about yourself? Do you feel smarter now? Good, now lets move on.

I actually made a comment earlier in the thread stating it was humor, but you must have missed it. This wasn't a " let's see who's right comment", but thanks for pointing that out. You have made Crackberry a better place, where people can come and learn from you.

People are way too serious about 1 persons online comments, much like on here. Say almost anything and you will be attacked. Heaven forbid we have a civil conversation. Good day.
    11-11-13 03:14 PM
    I actually made a comment earlier in the thread stating it was humor, but you must have missed it.
    Yes, I missed it and apologize for my comment. Reading it now, it does come across as rather vehement.
    TgeekB likes this.
    11-11-13 03:57 PM
    CNET's lucky they didn't allow for viewer's comments .. I think they would have been crucified across the board....
    11-11-13 04:57 PM
    It is true to some level.
    It is completely true, and something I've said myself here many times. Nobody should buy a BB now unless they understand and accept that the company has collapsed and that the support/ecosytem/development etc.are, at best, highly uncertain. Anyone who still wants one should get one, but it is an extremely big factor to consider, and is likely to dissuade most potential buyers - and thus, not a good gift.
    11-11-13 05:02 PM
    In my opinion that's slander and they need to release another video to clarify that currently BlackBerry is in fact NOT being sold for parts. I own plenty of Android tech and BlackBerry alike, but that's completely not appropriate.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    11-11-13 06:51 PM
    Hahaahha dwl
    it was really funny actually

i thought he was just stating what he didnt want for christmas cause that was just some opinionated crap
    11-11-13 07:02 PM
    In my opinion that's slander and they need to release another video to clarify that currently BlackBerry is in fact NOT being sold for parts. I own plenty of Android tech and BlackBerry alike, but that's completely not appropriate.
    Exactly.

BBM channels: c00121c99 for some knowledge and c00123fca for some real hip hop
    axllebeer likes this.
    11-11-13 07:42 PM
    I don't disagree with BlackBerry being mentioned. It is what it is. At this point, we really don't know what the future holds for BlackBerry. That is the same reason my kids don't have a Wii U right now. I don't want to buy them a video game console that may not have a future, so why would I or anyone else want to buy a loved one a smartphone that might also not have a future? As far as gifts for someone else goes, a BlackBerry would be a bad choice in most cases.

That's what happenens when there is sooo much uncertainty surrounding a company and brand.
    I got my Z10 as a gift and I couldn't be more happy with it so speak for yourself.

If tomorrow you wake up and find out that BlackBerry is being sold, will BlackBerrys around the world dissappear?! You make it sound like you're raising up a child who might lose his parents anytime and have no future.

Posted via CB10
    BlackStormRising likes this.
    11-11-13 07:51 PM
    That's ridiculous. It's only slander if it damages the reputation of the person being defamed. BlackBerry has no reputation anymore to defame.
    11-11-13 07:53 PM
    Damn American Media conspiring against Google.

So much hate against Google. It's unreal. It's so obvious how biased American Media is. They are trying to kill Google because Google ...

oh, wait....
    11-11-13 08:29 PM
    Who paid them to say that.. Apple? Google? Microsoft? Or is CNET no longer a reputable tech source

Posted via CB10
    You missed the plug for Macbook Air?

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 08:37 PM
350 ... 1011121314