11-19-13 10:34 AM
350 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    ......................of course BlackBerry's #1 problem is people not buying their phones, but if you look at the bigger picture, analysts are major problem for a company on shaky ground.

Some analysts severely overestimated BlackBerry sales, and BlackBerry did nothing to reel them in and offer guidance as to more accurate numbers. So when the analysts had set the bar very high, and BlackBerry fell short of analysts' expectations, the stock took a beating, generating more negative press for them. Instead of letting analysts estimate that sales were 5-6 million or whatever they were guessing, BlackBerry could have lowered that to something close to 3 or 4 million or whatever they ended up selling in total.

I don't know how long you've been following this BlackBerry downward spiral saga, but analysts have played a major role in tarnishing their brand image (though again, BlackBerry is also to blame because they did little to nothing when it came to squashing things that weren't true).

And when you have analysts appearing on news programs, being quoted on tech blogs and other stories that get picked up and put on the front page of Yahoo or CNN or Forbes or some other major news outlets that aren't tech blogs, your average reader is soon subjected to analysts' opinions and rumors that may or not be true. This helps create the main problem: people not buying BlackBerrys.
    There is only one person to blame.. BlackBerry. When you come out with a device that is below the competitions specs and has a below average ecosystem but somehow ask for premium prices..you are asking to be the laughing stock of the smartphone world. Not to mention delays and broken promises. I honestly don't understand why people are upset about this video. This guy is talking about the worst gifts. Honestly think about it. Would you really be able to give a z30 as a gift to people in your life? Do you see your family and friends jumping up and down opening a z30? Come on now. That's all this guy is saying. And unfortunately for us that hope BlackBerry survives it is true at the moment
    11-11-13 04:10 AM
    To many, apps determine what a phone can or cannot do. So having "only" developers' support is huge.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 using Tapatalk
    There is 0 Developer support for BB10. Heins just defrauded us al with S4BB +100K
    of totally FAKE apps.
    Etios likes this.
    11-11-13 04:12 AM
    Pretty accurate list if you ask me, especially the Wii U lol, it's like BlackBerry, only a few give a sh!t about it and try to promote it, when there is XBone and PS4 next gen monsters coming out in few days.
    11-11-13 04:59 AM
    Pretty accurate list if you ask me, especially the Wii U lol, it's like BlackBerry, only a few give a sh!t about it and try to promote it, when there is XBone and PS4 next gen monsters coming out in few days.
    I agree. The wii U is not designed for gamers

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 05:04 AM
    There is 0 Developer support for BB10. Heins just defrauded us al with S4BB +100K
    of totally FAKE apps.
    I think you're full of sh!t
    Spawn12 likes this.
    11-11-13 06:33 AM
    Some people are capable of making their own decisions without opinions biased or not.

I had blackberry for years and got the Z10 because for years I have had good service, not happy with the battery but that's a separate issue and I don't need an app for everything as some ppl do because the apps are the only thing that give their life meaning.

My Blackberry does what I want it to and I expect 2 to 3 years from it , if it doesn't last that long I will get a different phone and post on Utube my phone being executed by firing squad
    11-11-13 06:51 AM
    guys, don't be so upset at that cnet video, have to understand if you are a blackberry fan right now you are definitely in the minority. And that's okay, donald bell is just saying that the majority of folks out there won't be interested in a bbry right now and that's a true statement.
    app_Developer likes this.
    11-11-13 07:05 AM
    Some people are capable of making their own decisions without opinions biased or not.

I had blackberry for years and got the Z10 because for years I have had good service, not happy with the battery but that's a separate issue and I don't need an app for everything as some ppl do because the apps are the only thing that give their life meaning.

My Blackberry does what I want it to and I expect 2 to 3 years from it , if it doesn't last that long I will get a different phone and post on Utube my phone being executed by firing squad
    Really? Apps giving meaning to life? Is that what u tell yourself to feel better about the horrid app situation with bb10?
    11-11-13 07:13 AM
    Yep everyone agrees the phones rock though everyone is scared of having a phone that will no longer be supported if the company goes under. It's too late for BlackBerry to do anything to curb perception for this holiday season so I'm not surprised to hear this.

BlackBerry needs to hit reset and prep for 2014 holiday season instead.
    Agreed. If the new interim CEO of BlackBerry can instil confidence within his first six months in the role, there is a glimmer of hope for BlackBerry, the company and the brand. To wit, releasing a new tablet called the BlackBerry BlackBook (preferred) or BlackBerry BlackPad which offers 100% integration with BlackBerry 10 smartphones, current and future, via BlackBerry Bridge along with a complete accessory set (dock with ports for microUSB, standard USB, dual micoHDMI, magnetic recharge, ethernet, port to recharge smartphone via microUSB; full-size Bluetooth keyboard with solar recharge - no darn batteries; Bluetooth mouse preferably with solar recharge to make it lighter; Bluetooth mini-keyboard with replaceable battery and case) enabling a true mobile computing experience as we have been promised. Since the battery is not user serviceable there is no reason not to slim down the tablet yet retain the seven-inch display with higher resolution. And when the tablet is docked and connected to a flat-panel monitor the "desktop" should adapt to a more traditional layout in terms of not merely being a magnified image of the tablet screen - something the original tablet development team failed to take into account. At your desk you would use the BlackBerry Docking Station, BlackBerry BlackBook/BlackPad, full-size Bluetooth keyboard, full-size Bluetooth mouse, and BlackBerry smartphone. Away from your desk you would simply slip the BlackBerry BlackBook/BlackPad out of the dock and into the BlackBerry Leather Case with Bluetooth Mini-Keyboard with trackpad, and optional smaller Bluetooth mouse). Many people would readily abandon traditional desktop and notebook computers in the consumer market, while in organizations the transition to web browser-based applications has already begun.

On the services side of the equation BlackBerry needs to deploy a feature enhanced BlackBerry Protect providing full back & restore capability (full, incremental, selective) in an encrypted form tied to the user's BlackBerry ID, the ability to transfer the backup between BlackBerry Protect and a third-party storage service including in-house storage perhaps via secure-copy, and in the enterprise-space backup & restore would be handled by BlackBerry Enterprise Server and/or BlackBerry Cloud Service.
    11-11-13 07:19 AM
    guys, don't be so upset at that cnet video, have to understand if you are a blackberry fan right now you are definitely in the minority. And that's okay, donald bell is just saying that the majority of folks out there won't be interested in a bbry right now and that's a true statement.
    No, what Donald Bell is doing is using the media to spread lies and promote to the public not to buy ANY products from a particular company. This is far different from what he stated in the other four products mentioned. Note he discusses DVD player - technology in general .. doesn't name a company; the rest are specific "dud" products made by particular companies - not all their products; BB is the only one he mentions AND makes its number 1 worst for all consumers to buy ANY product from them. BIG difference. To me that is huge bias coming from i-Net and it would be great if legal action could be taken against them. Pretty pathetic and low move on the part of CNET. This is why I have zero respect for this so-called Tech site.
    11-11-13 07:22 AM
    What an utter utter jackass, is he living in the past??. Pretty sure Blackberry isnt being sold for parts so perhaps this senior editor at CNET needs to get his info correct before spouting off such nonsense.

Blackberry needs to be aware of this crap and they need to put a stop to it, John Chen needs to stop this crap as its only going to make Blackberry's future even more worse.

Such a load of rubbish that video, CNET are a complete and utter joke.
    11-11-13 07:27 AM
    What an utter utter jackass, is he living in the past??. Pretty sure Blackberry isnt being sold for parts so perhaps this senior editor at CNET needs to get his info correct before spouting off such nonsense.

Blackberry needs to be aware of this crap and they need to put a stop to it, John Chen needs to stop this crap as its only going to make Blackberry's future even more worse.

Such a load of rubbish that video, CNET are a complete and utter joke.

How come BB doesn't pursue legal action if it's 100% untrue?

Maybe they don't have the balls or maybe most of us still remember they were going through the rolodex of every pimp in town looking for suitors.
    11-11-13 08:02 AM
    sorry guys but i couldn't agree more with him, for all items to be honest...
    TexLonghorn and GadgetTravel like this.
    11-11-13 08:05 AM
    of totally FAKE apps.

I agree. Developer support is awful

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 using Tapatalk
    11-11-13 08:24 AM
    Apple doesn't necessarily agree with you. They haven't disputed the report despite being in possession of the burnt up device.
    iPad Air Not Involved in Apple iPad Explosion, Vodafone Says
    11-11-13 08:27 AM
    Irrelevant list really.. Anybody who is going to buy a BlackBerry phone as a gift will not watch this video or give it any kudos.

CNET never says anything positive about BlackBerry. They make more money out of promoting new iPhones every 6 months.
    11-11-13 08:43 AM
    How come BB doesn't pursue legal action if it's 100% untrue?

Maybe they don't have the balls or maybe most of us still remember they were going through the rolodex of every pimp in town looking for suitors.
    You expect BlackBerry to pursue legal action over someone stating an opinion?

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 08:48 AM
    I got a jays on my feet

Posted via Orbital VSAT Loadstar
    Last edited by craiggger; 11-11-13 at 10:37 PM.
    11-11-13 08:56 AM
    Looks to me like journalists don't like to be made to look silly. What did they say would happen to BlackBerry again? Lol

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 09:09 AM

Posted via CB10
    Yeah sitting around while the media releases diarrhea over them time and time again had worked so well up until now.

You either control the media or the media controls you.

Sit back and do nothing as usual BB.
    11-11-13 09:13 AM
    Notice there's no place to leave feadback on the website. It would be nice to leave the CNET puppet some rebuttal.

I love how he has DVD players on the list and then suggests buying Blue Ray. Gift guides are for buying crap for people who you don't really know, or care to spend enough time to really get to know what they need. Heck, if my kids wanted a Wii U, I might consider buying one. No amount of lack-luster journalism would sway me from buying what my kid really wants.

Could you let me know if you find a link to his blog?
    11-11-13 09:17 AM
    For the most part, a good gift is something most anyone would want, not something that is a quirky acquired taste. I can't imagine anyone being disappointed at getting an iPad Air unless they have some kind of bias against Apple. In fact, as soon as someone sees that I have a new iPad, they automatically ask what I'm doing with the old one. Most of the time I have already sold the old one on Gazelle.com as iPads have pretty good resale value.

If you're going to buy someone a phone off contract then the Z30 and the iPad Air would be about the same price. I'd say there's no question what the better gift would be.
    GadgetTravel likes this.
    11-11-13 09:35 AM
    CNET does more and more all the time to show they don't know what's going on. I wouldn't have watched this had not been for this post. Screw'm. When BlackBerry makes their turn around douches like this will tell you to buy them. Anyways.
    11-11-13 09:36 AM
    CNET never says anything positive about BlackBerry. They make more money out of promoting new iPhones every 6 months.
    iPhone has a 12 month release cycle.
    11-11-13 09:41 AM
    Stating the company is being broken up and sold for parts when it isn't is libel. Especially from a person who may have an influence on sales.

Unless John Chen brings a pair, BlackBerry's traditional "do nothing" response will prevail. I'd like to see them fight back for once.
    Spawn12 and pmccartney like this.
    11-11-13 09:44 AM
350 ... 89101112 ...