12-13-15 07:47 AM
77 1234
tools
    Buy used

Posted via CB10
    11-02-15 03:44 AM
    You're smoking something. First of all... The Wrangler is nowhere near close to the 30k-40k range. The price range is from 14.5k to 19k (unless you're dumb enough to buy the Rubicon luxury line). They perform much better than the CJ/YJ counterparts, and hold the reputation as being the least recycled vehicle (meaning once bought rarely re-sold because the owner keeps them). The previous iterations, the CJ etc... were simply not compliant for road use due to their propensity to roll. Today, the Wrangler will lose rear traction before rolling, which is a much safer attribute. This as a result of ever so slightly extending the Wheel Base and lowering it a tad. You really must be drinking the Koolaid of a Jeep competitor if you're buying into all of that. Typically, the only people that buy into the rhetoric you're spewing, are those who are fans of the Humvee line of vehicles. But occasionally others buy into it as well.

The only Jeep product that could possibly be criticized was the Wagoneer, which was discontinued in the early 90's.
    I am clearly the one smoking something and downing the koolaid when you can make a statement like "the only jeep product that could possibly be critisized..." just wow.

They are silly cheaply built vehicles, Hummer is just as bad or worse. For actual offroad use, a truck is better than any jeep or its competitors, as I say, these new wranglers are offroad styled SUVs, they are not truly capable offroad SUVs without $ignificant modification.

I would like to see a return to the topic of discussion though, as we can banter about car brands in an OT thread. I do sincerely hope that QNX can hold its ground, but do fear that free for the manufacturer and privacy cost to the consumer will always win, hooray capitalism...

BB for Life
    11-02-15 12:04 PM
    Indeed. FCA/Chrysler is the number one brand in Canada, outselling both Ford and GM. The key question, in any event, is how this could impact QNX's standing within the auto industry and, by extension, BlackBerry's revenues.
    You sure? I haven't seen a Chrysler in years in Canada!

Posted via CB10
    11-02-15 12:08 PM
    I am clearly the one smoking something and downing the koolaid when you can make a statement like "the only jeep product that could possibly be critisized..." just wow.

They are silly cheaply built vehicles, Hummer is just as bad or worse. For actual offroad use, a truck is better than any jeep or its competitors, as I say, these new wranglers are offroad styled SUVs, they are not truly capable offroad SUVs without $ignificant modification.

I would like to see a return to the topic of discussion though, as we can banter about car brands in an OT thread. I do sincerely hope that QNX can hold its ground, but do fear that free for the manufacturer and privacy cost to the consumer will always win, hooray capitalism...

BB for Life
    The "Hummer" you are talking about is probably the restyled Chevy truck. A real Hummer is great off-road. The US Army has made extensive use of them. I am not sure what Wrangler competitors you are referring to. They don't make the Land Rover Defender anymore.
    11-02-15 08:59 PM
    You sure? I haven't seen a Chrysler in years in Canada!

Posted via CB10

You might want to take your white cane in for service.

As reported in today's Toronto Star:

"Chrysler was the top selling automaker in Canada last month, narrowly beating the other Detroit Three companies as the industry continued on pace that would eclipse last years record sales.

[...]

Ford was No. 2 for the month as its sales decreased 2.6 per cent to 22,055 vehicles, while General Motors was third in October as its sales grew 7.3 per cent to 22,002."

See: Auto sales jump 6.5 per cent in Canada in October | Toronto Star

And as for Chrysler Canada's year-to-date standing:

"FCA Canada Reports Best September Sales Since 2000

● 70 consecutive months of year-over-year sales growth longest growth streak in Companys history
    ● 24,007 vehicles sold, up 1 per cent from September 2014
    ● Highest September calendar-year-to-date sales on record
    ● September sales records set for Jeep Cherokee, Jeep Wrangler and Ram Truck
    ● New September sales record for Ram brand, up 25 per cent from September 2014

October 1, 2015 , Windsor, Ontario - FCA Canada Inc. today reported September 2015 sales of 24,007, compared with 23,742 vehicles sold in September 2014. These results mark a year-over-year increase of 1 per cent and represent the best year-to-date sales through September in the Companys history. Additionally, these sales figures maintain FCA Canadas position as the number one seller of new vehicles in the country through September.

Twenty-eight per cent growth in Ram pickup sales was the key factor in driving the strongest September in 15 years, said Dave Buckingham, Chief Operating Officer, FCA Canada."

Source: http://media.fcanorthamerica.com/new...?id=17021&mid=
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    11-02-15 09:30 PM
    You might want to take your white cane in for service.

As reported in today's Toronto Star:

"Chrysler was the top selling automaker in Canada last month, narrowly beating the other Detroit Three companies as the industry continued on pace that would eclipse last years record sales.

[...]

Ford was No. 2 for the month as its sales decreased 2.6 per cent to 22,055 vehicles, while General Motors was third in October as its sales grew 7.3 per cent to 22,002."

See: Auto sales jump 6.5 per cent in Canada in October | Toronto Star

And as for Chrysler Canada's year-to-date standing:

"FCA Canada Reports Best September Sales Since 2000

● 70 consecutive months of year-over-year sales growth longest growth streak in Companys history
    ● 24,007 vehicles sold, up 1 per cent from September 2014
    ● Highest September calendar-year-to-date sales on record
    ● September sales records set for Jeep Cherokee, Jeep Wrangler and Ram Truck
    ● New September sales record for Ram brand, up 25 per cent from September 2014

October 1, 2015 , Windsor, Ontario - FCA Canada Inc. today reported September 2015 sales of 24,007, compared with 23,742 vehicles sold in September 2014. These results mark a year-over-year increase of 1 per cent and represent the best year-to-date sales through September in the Companys history. Additionally, these sales figures maintain FCA Canadas position as the number one seller of new vehicles in the country through September.

Twenty-eight per cent growth in Ram pickup sales was the key factor in driving the strongest September in 15 years, said Dave Buckingham, Chief Operating Officer, FCA Canada."

Source: http://media.fcanorthamerica.com/new...?id=17021&mid=
    I'm in Montreal and I still can't find a Chrysler in our streets! There's a couple of Fiat though...

Posted via CB10
    11-03-15 08:09 AM
    The "Hummer" you are talking about is probably the restyled Chevy truck. A real Hummer is great off-road. The US Army has made extensive use of them. I am not sure what Wrangler competitors you are referring to. They don't make the Land Rover Defender anymore.
    I was referring to the consumer Hummer brand, which I assume the person who brought up the brand was referring to, the military hummer was a whole different beast and no jeep deserves to even be considered alongside it, anybody who thinks a jeep is comparable to the military hummer is a damn fool. Anyways, that model of hummer is unobtainable and unreasonable for most given its high purchase cost, and huge size so it is kind of irrelevant.

There aren't really any wrangler competitors per se, but considering it is becoming more and more an offroad-looking average SUV does it really matter? Jeep just doesn't make offroad machines like they used too (not that I liked them before, but they are considerably worse now)

BB for Life
    11-03-15 11:37 AM
    I was referring to the consumer Hummer brand, which I assume the person who brought up the brand was referring to, the military hummer was a whole different beast and no jeep deserves to even be considered alongside it, anybody who thinks a jeep is comparable to the military hummer is a damn fool. Anyways, that model of hummer is unobtainable and unreasonable for most given its high purchase cost, and huge size so it is kind of irrelevant.

There aren't really any wrangler competitors per se, but considering it is becoming more and more an offroad-looking average SUV does it really matter? Jeep just doesn't make offroad machines like they used too (not that I liked them before, but they are considerably worse now)

BB for Life
    The consumer Hummers were restyled Chevy trucks. They should be as good or bad offroad as any other Chevy truck or truck based SUV.
    As for the Wrangler, have you actually driven one offroad or driven one at all. They drive nothing like Jeep's SUVs or anyone else's. They still have the solid front and rear axels and you can still remove the roof, doors and windshield by unscrewing a few bolts.
    11-03-15 06:03 PM
    The consumer Hummers were restyled Chevy trucks. They should be as good or bad offroad as any other Chevy truck or truck based SUV.
    As for the Wrangler, have you actually driven one offroad or driven one at all. They drive nothing like Jeep's SUVs or anyone else's. They still have the solid front and rear axels and you can still remove the roof, doors and windshield by unscrewing a few bolts.
    The consumer Hummers were SUV based, and did not perform nearly as well as their trucks do. I regularly use my stock 2003 Chev 2500 to climb hills, navigate trails, go through mud bogs, go over rocks, drive through deep snow and so on, I live in a remote northern canadian region with a wide variety of harsh environments.

I have driven both an early 2000s jeep and a newer wrangler, the jeep could not keep up with my truck or handle all the terrain as well, it's only advantage was being able to go through narrow trails. As for removing doors and roof, for most people that is just a gimmick.
    I admit they are easier and cheaper to modify, but as a stock vehicle they are not the supreme offroad machines that people believe they are.

BB for Life
    11-04-15 01:53 PM
    It would be a damn shame. Right now the current UConnect is regarded as one of the best systems in the industry. Hell For just switched too a new QNX based system.

Oh well.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 05:15 PM
    I'm in Montreal and I still can't find a Chrysler in our streets! There's a couple of Fiat though...

Posted via CB10
    Quebec is a unique automotive market place within Canada much like Texas is unique within the USA.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 05:20 PM
    Quebec is a unique automotive market place within Canada much like Texas is unique within the USA.

Posted via CB10
    Sounds like a good place to visit. Ontario is too much like the US Midwest, they just talk funny

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 04:34 AM
    Sounds like a good place to visit. Ontario is too much like the US Midwest, they just talk funny

Posted via CB10
    It is a great place to visit. A lot of similarities with Europe

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 07:09 AM

Posted via CB10
    My friends and coworkers that have gone there say it's like going to Europe. A lot of old charm.

Their car buying habits tend towards more European as well. Small hatchbacks sell very well there. That province was justification by itself for nissan to offer the Micra in Canada

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 08:14 AM
    H1 was a consumerized product based on the true Hummer bodystyle. Huge odd looking beasts. Very neat but uncomfortable looking!

H2 and H3 changed to GM body styles. I think the H3 is a disguised GMC Suburban.
    11-05-15 11:05 AM
    We need to fight back against these corporations and get our privacy back. I have no interest in being cyber stalked by chrysler and my personal data mined and sold to the highest bidder.

Posted via CB10
    This reminded me of Tony Saprano talking to the FBI agent about about how he liked his new Escalade.

His response was ......great..........once you rip out all that Onstar crap.
    11-05-15 11:24 AM
    Fine. Then you won't get any and the h e l l with you.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    11-05-15 11:35 AM
    H2 and H3 changed to GM body styles. I think the H3 is a disguised GMC Suburban.
    The H2 was based on the Tahoe, while the H3 was based on the Canyon (the S10 replacement).
    TGR1 likes this.
    11-05-15 12:13 PM
    Chryslers are amazing cars.

Suffer Now & Live The Rest Of Your Life As A Champion
    With one of the lowest reliability ratings

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 07:26 PM
    Fiat right? Big global auto company. Serious market share.

"I don't think that word means what you think it means."
    Fiat is the parent company of Ferrari.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 12:09 AM

Posted via CB10
    Wait until you go to Texas.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 12:11 AM
    Fiat is the parent company of Ferrari.

Posted via CB10
    Not any more.
    Velocitymj likes this.
    11-06-15 01:37 AM
    Not any more.
    Whoa. Didn't know they sold most of it off last July.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 02:47 AM

Posted via CB10
    Bought a Chrysler 200 here in Montreal. I guess that why I also have a Passport. I don't seem to "march with the crowd". Great tech in both that doesn't get respect. Oh well.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-15 11:47 PM
    Who cares, it Chrysler.

Posted via CB10
    Dodge Ram is now Fiat Ram, anyway, we purchased a 2015 Fiat/Chrysler 200C with all options and for its class it is amazing.
    12-13-15 07:03 AM
77 1234