Can't believe this hasn't been posted here yet. Best news to come out of Waterloo in years.

BlackBerry Announces Two New Executive Appointments - Yahoo Finance
    12-18-13 08:17 PM
    It has been posted, check the front page

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-ann...e-appointments

Posted via CB10
    jevinzac likes this.
    12-18-13 08:25 PM
    It has been posted, check the front page

BlackBerry announces two new executive appointments | CrackBerry.com

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, but it needs to be chatted up the forums. Good, positive NEWS for a change that we delusional fanboys can't be accused of artificially spinning up.
    h20work, eldricho and notafanboy like this.
    12-18-13 08:43 PM
    It's awesome news.*

*This malcontent posted in both threads, just to make you happy.
    sleepngbear likes this.
    12-18-13 09:18 PM
    Is it also 2 more seats filled in the company jet for the regularly scheduled San Francisco to Waterloo flights?!
    milo53 and JeepBB like this.
    12-18-13 09:22 PM
    This is awesome. This is the kind of experienced outsider help that BlackBerry needs to transform itself.

I'm really impressed how quickly Chen is making real changes.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    12-18-13 09:34 PM
    This is awesome. This is the kind of experienced outsider help that BlackBerry needs to transform itself.

I'm really impressed how quickly Chen is making real changes.

It's easy to make changes in the boardroom. I'm yet to see anything dramatic or game changing in terms of the internal organisation or product road map.
    JeepBB likes this.
    12-19-13 01:19 AM
    Chen will be surrounding himself with people he feel is competent and he can trust. That's normal for an incoming to do so, but I'm glad he moved swiftly and brought in people with a proven record. Now let's see the deliverables.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    m1a1mg likes this.
    12-19-13 02:25 AM
    It's easy to make changes in the boardroom. I'm yet to see anything dramatic or game changing in terms of the internal organisation or product road map.
    I'm not sure that bringing in executives is that easy. You're asking people to put their name to a company which has massive challenges to overcome and which may not be around in a year. Seeing people move this quickly says a lot to me about their trust in Chen. Remember how long it took it took BlackBerry to hire the last CMO?

It also makes me optimistic to see real SV (big pond) experience involved now. I think that's a huge step. It's also great to see senior leadership who have no reason to be defensive of the old way of doing things in Waterloo.

Now, having said all that, you are perfectly right that none of this matters until it is reflected in products, strategy, and performance. These hires are just a first step, but I think they are a very significant first step.

m1kr0, JeepBB, m1a1mg and 1 others like this.
    12-19-13 06:36 AM
    Agreed. It's good to see BB hire outside of Waterloo. Too often, it was "We've promoted......".
    12-19-13 08:22 AM
    Great, that's what they need, more execs to milk the company dry.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 12:29 PM
    It's a very good move and start for chan. It's good that he isn't wasting time and surrounding himself with the people he needs to get the job done. Very happy it is with people outside of the company as both management and excess workers didn't do the job right and hopefully they have all been cut.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 12:40 PM

Posted via CB10
    Oh I dunno about that. They're not additional execs, but rather replacing execs (at least that was the last impression I got).

Bringing in executives from outside more resembles staffing with executives that won't milk the company, but came in to fix what those who had been milking the company have broken.

Within the next couple quarters, I anticipate seeing upper management being fired for not meeting pre-set goals, instead of the general budget cutting layoffs that we've seen over the past year or two. Something long overdue at BBRY. I have a strong feeling that there's going to be a lot of lines drawn in the sand with the new execs. Basically a lot of "get this done by such-n-such date... or you're outa here" requirements.

SwiftKeyed/Flowed via Tapatalk 4 Beta
    12-19-13 03:21 PM

Posted via CB10
    With so many of the old execs getting the axe, exactly who do you expect is going to run the company? This is still a global corporation, not the neighborhood mom-and-pop drug store.
    12-19-13 05:44 PM
    It's a very good move and start for chan. It's good that he isn't wasting time and surrounding himself with the people he needs to get the job done. Very happy it is with people outside of the company as both management and excess workers didn't do the job right and hopefully they have all been cut.

Posted via CB10
    I agree ... except for the last part. If management had done its job, all those former workers wouldn't have been excess.
    12-19-13 05:46 PM