10-01-15 03:51 PM
126 ... 23456
tools
    He has said he isn't emotional about hardware.... His job is to make money.
    Agreed that's his job...and trying every way possible to do so...sorry but BB10 devices have not sold so time to switch gears
    09-26-15 06:40 PM
    also, the ROM they're using will be available to other android phones so not sure what you think the "Perv" will have that others won't besides a slider kb.
    A "ROM" is an OS image compiled for a specific device. Typically, it contains the OS (kernel, drivers, etc) and several apps. You can't take the Priv ROM and flash it to a Galaxy S6.
    09-26-15 06:56 PM
    BlackBerry don't have resources to produce drivers for the best hardware, what do you prefer? Have a BB10 Priv or not have it?
    Not have it if it's using 4 or 5 year old hardware and doesn't have a good app store.
    LazyEvul likes this.
    09-26-15 07:01 PM
    A "ROM" is an OS image compiled for a specific device. Typically, it contains the OS (kernel, drivers, etc) and several apps. You can't take the Priv ROM and flash it to a Galaxy S6.
    Well lots of you Androiders have been mentioning this. Either way makes no difference to me.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-15 07:08 PM
    The frustrating fact is that BlackBerry made little effort to push their recent BB10 hardware. No billboards, not ads in magazines, nothing. Nobody knew anything about them except for those diehards he eludes to. Of course he only sold 800,000 handsets. Nobody knows they still make phones. The slap in the face will be all the marketing capital that will be given to the Priv (still horrible name).

Posted via CB10
    Why would Chen waste money marketing device, BB10, that have the same app gap problem. Chen now knows what he can expect to sell from his based of BB10 users and what devices are best profitable. Going by his statements it looks like the Passport and the Classic are best of the BB10 devices and the Z10/Q10/Z30 are your failures because of inventory right down on those devices and carrier relationship damage. The leap was made to answer the question could blackberry sell a device at low end of the smartphone market in great quality and the answer was no. In his last attempt to save the hardware division Chen is going with the Priv (slider) to find out if the app gap is the main reason blackberry devices are not selling. I think Chen hopes that the Priv sells at least a million one in quarter if not more and then he would move forward with device that will offer the best chance of wide buy through, which will be a full touchscreen phone based off the Priv without the keyboard running Android for 2016. I can see blackberry device roadmap looking as follows:

Late 2015 - Android Priv
    Sometime in 2016 - Full touchscreen Android Device
    2017 - Update of Android Priv
    2018 - Update of Full touchscreen Android Device

The big question is where does this leaves BB10. I think Blackberry will reserve BB10 for the one to one aspect ratio devices of the Passport and the Classic. Those devices will only get an hardware refresh maybe every 2 years or so because of the development cost associated with software support on BB10 for new hardware. Basically this gives BB10 devices, only 2 (Passport and Classic), a longer time frame to make an overall profit. I could be wrong and he may try android on those devices as well, but I think he taking a wait and see approach on the long term fate of BB10. Keep in mind that BB10 gives Blackberry the ability to offer an end to end point solution, which is find for a niche market and they can plan according to keep cost down.

Has Chen made some mistakes, yes, but no one is prefect and right now he trying to keep the company afloat and is trying get it to the point that it is operating at a profit. Once he has stabilize the company and come up with the game plan for Blackberry longer term, then he can step down from the ceo position, collect his money, and add Blackberry to the lists of a company that he has turned around.

A more important question at this point is how is Mobile Nations going to handle the coverage of the Blackberry Priv: will crackberry cover it, will android central cover it or both sites.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-26-15 07:20 PM
    Not have it if it's using 4 or 5 year old hardware and doesn't have a good app store.
    Ok, BB never had good hardware or Store, why you still using it (i suppose)?
    09-26-15 07:42 PM
    Well lots of you Androiders have been mentioning this. Either way makes no difference to me.
    I'm an "Androider" because I know what a ROM is? Here's a hint - if you don't know what something is, don't talk about it.
    johnny_bravo72 likes this.
    09-26-15 07:55 PM
    Ok, BB never had good hardware or Store, why you still using it (i suppose)?
    Because I like BB10. Thought it had potential. Was stupid enough to think the android player would be good enough. Needs change.
    09-26-15 08:02 PM
    When this first leaked I thought the Crackberry people was going to send an assassin to kill me, - John Chen LOL
    09-26-15 09:34 PM
    When this first leaked I thought the Crackberry people was going to send an assassin to kill me, - John Chen LOL
    He isn't worth the cost of the bullet!

Posted via Z30
    Lawmen23 likes this.
    09-26-15 10:04 PM
    I'm an "Androider" because I know what a ROM is? Here's a hint - if you don't know what something is, don't talk about it.
    i'll talk about whatever i want thanks much. and never said you were anything, you don't mean anything to me.
    09-26-15 10:18 PM
    you copy and paste your comments don't you? only this time you're going be the "first to buy" TWO of these. good for you bruh.

also, the ROM they're using will be available to other android phones so not sure what you think the "Perv" will have that others won't besides a slider kb.
    Lol! Clearly misinformed here.

Posted via V400.
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    09-26-15 10:33 PM
    Lol! Clearly misinformed here.

Posted via V400.
    and it hurts me not even in the least
    09-26-15 10:37 PM
    i'll talk about whatever i want thanks much. and never said you were anything, you don't mean anything to me.
    Well, expect to continue to be called out for not knowing what you're talking about, then. It doesn't help anyone here to have people spreading misinformation. Until (if?) BlackBerry released the "BlackBerry Experience Suite", Priv will be the only phone with the BlackBerry apps (Hub, Calendar, keyboard, etc), UNLESS some enterprising folks figure out how to extract the .apk files for those applications, and make them work on other Android devices.

And yes, you did:

techvisor likes this.
    09-27-15 08:55 AM
    and it hurts me not even in the least
    Ignorance is bliss, eh?

Posted via C5303
    techvisor likes this.
    09-27-15 09:15 AM
    Still sitting on $3 billion and can't figure out how to leverage that to get a toe into the app market.
    Can't figure out how to get that sticker tag next to Google Play, iStore and Amazon Store.

Nobody with vision in BlackBerry?
    Claim you have the best OS and the most secure OS and can't relay that into wins on 2nd/3rd party docs?
    IMHO you state this a an easy and obvious job. Back in early 2013 I think the team around Thorsten Heins was pretty busy getting those big names on-board, offering money, man-power and knowledge to get must-haves apps like Instagram or Snapchat (although I thing Snapchat was still rather unknown back then) on BB10. It didn't work.
    Even Microsoft isn't able to magically get all big players on their Windows Phone plattform, considering they should bring more money to the table, nobody should be surprised BlackBerry didn't succeed. I can't remember where, but I remember reading a statement from a popular developer he didn't care about million of dollars BlackBerry would pay, but would only be interested in two digit numbers of millions of BB10 they would offer. In short: No users, no app.

The always cited hen or egg situation. Devs wanted users in order to make it worth developing for BB10, BlackBerry obviously needed big names in order to attract more users.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-27-15 09:21 AM
    Ignorance is bliss, eh?

Posted via C5303
    So the saying goes. You guys trying to defend android or just rag on me for saying what you Androiders have been saying? Lmao this is hilarious. Got anything else Bravo?

Posted via CB10
    09-27-15 11:15 AM
    Well, expect to continue to be called out for not knowing what you're talking about, then. It doesn't help anyone here to have people spreading misinformation. Until (if?) BlackBerry released the "BlackBerry Experience Suite", Priv will be the only phone with the BlackBerry apps (Hub, Calendar, keyboard, etc), UNLESS some enterprising folks figure out how to extract the .apk files for those applications, and make them work on other Android devices.

And yes, you did:
    If it's related to android I don't care how the misinformation is spread that is your problem not mine. Call me out all you want if that's what gets you through the day.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-15 11:17 AM

And yes, you did:
    We have yet to see the hub in action on the Priv. I don't think the hub will be properly implemented into the OS, will be a separate app that will feel buggy as sht.

Q10 - 10.3.2.2639/SR .2474  < α∂∂ιт > 
    Last edited by ZeBB45; 09-27-15 at 06:19 PM.
    09-27-15 05:34 PM
    If it's related to android I don't care how the misinformation is spread that is your problem not mine.
    Yeah, that's great for the people who don't know any better, and come here for information. Great contribution to this forum.
    kbz1960 and techvisor like this.
    09-27-15 07:46 PM
    He isn't worth the cost of the bullet!

Posted via Z30
    At least he's paying attention to us!
    09-27-15 09:10 PM
    The frustrating fact is that BlackBerry made little effort to push their recent BB10 hardware. No billboards, not ads in magazines, nothing. Nobody knew anything about them except for those diehards he eludes to. Of course he only sold 800,000 handsets. Nobody knows they still make phones. The slap in the face will be all the marketing capital that will be given to the Priv (still horrible name).

Posted via CB10
    Because the consumer push with BlackBerry 10 failed. They know advertising a highly secure device with a mediocre camera, no iOS apps, no Google Play Services, and other limitations is a waste of money. That's why you hear the highly regulated industries talk.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    09-27-15 10:38 PM
    There was no "consumer push" for BB10. That is why everyone is so shocked when they see our devices.

No, one bad superbowl commercial is not a consumer push.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-15 01:24 AM
    There was no "consumer push" for BB10. That is why everyone is so shocked when they see our devices.

No, one bad superbowl commercial is not a consumer push.

Posted via CB10
    Simply not true, in many markets - there was a significant consumer push - it's just it was too late.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
    JeepBB, kbz1960 and techvisor like this.
    09-28-15 01:50 AM
    We have yet to see the hub in action on the Priv. I don't think the hub will be properly implemented into the OS, will be a separate app that will feel buggy as sht.

Q10 - 10.3.2.2639/SR .2474  < α∂∂ιт > 
    As the Priv will be using "standard" Google Android, to gain GPS, can the Hub *ever* be incorporated into the OS?

Won't it *always* have to be a separate App?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-28-15 02:32 AM
126 ... 23456