04-04-14 06:22 PM
61 123
tools
    I'm a bes admin and we are running bes 10 and besx5.

There is only 3 users that prefer os 7 device and refuse to upgrade. They are high level managers.

The rest of our employees with corporate phones could wait to get off bbos phones.

My associates in other companies see the same thing and everyone wants android, ios or the latest BlackBerry all touch phones so the market for bbos is small and is shrinking. Not keeping up with upgrade q10/z10/z30 will end a lot of companies like us to stop using blackberry phones..

Posted via CB10
    BB_Junky likes this.
    04-03-14 06:02 PM
    I'm a bes admin and we are running bes 10 and besx5.

There is only 3 users that prefer os 7 device and refuse to upgrade. They are high level managers.

The rest of our employees with corporate phones could wait to get off bbos phones.

My associates in other companies see the same thing and everyone wants android, ios or the latest BlackBerry all touch phones so the market for bbos is small and is shrinking. Not keeping up with upgrade q10/z10/z30 will end a lot of companies like us to stop using blackberry phones..

Posted via CB10
    Well according to people here "everyone" wants an old out dated device.... Good to read that it's really not the case.

Sent from my super secret shoe device using Tapatalk HD
    04-04-14 08:52 AM
    Well according to people here "everyone" wants an old out dated device.... Good to read that it's really not the case.

Sent from my super secret shoe device using Tapatalk HD
    I live in canada just as and FYI.

I currently have a nexus phone (latest), and a iphone 5 on my desk.. But i don't use them.. the nexus hasn't been taken out of the box.

For me BES 10 and BB10 work extremely well together with blackberry drives and IT manager, which let me control our bes and vmware servers/ clusters.

bbos devices are probally great for very large corporate installs or banks etc as they are slow to move to new tech.. With smaller companies like us (100 employees, 3 locations) we move quickly to update or upgrade to keep current..
    04-04-14 10:35 AM
    I for one am tired of hearing about cheap handsets.

I do want the "hottest specied phone". Does the OS require it - no, but I still want it. I do not want to get out 2yrs and be running out of processing power.

I drive 2 BMW's. Can I take and run them at their full potential? No - not unless I go to the track or risk a ticket. But I still enjoy driving them knowing what they can do, not what I require out to them.

The same goes for a phone or for that matter - anything I own.

By the way - a side note - you might think that I must be up to my eye balls in debt. Nope - I live mostly debt free, by saving well. I work very hard for my money and demand quality in my equipment - the reason for originally going to BB.

Now I am beginning to consider jumping ship to Sailfish or Utunbu. Will see this fall.
    04-04-14 11:04 AM
    Keep the option open, but don't do it.

Posted via CB10 with Z30 on 10.2.1.2141
    04-04-14 12:46 PM
    I think most of the users would prefer an new updated device, but:

- Many companies (not the users) don't want to invest in new software and new hardware - especially from a company that by all accounts has 12 - 18 months before it goes bankrupt. Sure BlackBerry many beat the odds, but are you as CFO or CTO willing the make that bet and spend thousands, tens of thousands and most likely put your job on the line? Instead they are sticking with what they have and just adding new BBOS7 devices for new employees or as replacements (not every new device sold is a new BIS/BES subscriber). Or they are looking at other alternatives.

- Many developing markets aren't buying BBOS device because they are cheap - they aren't compared to many of the sub $100 device now on the market (which is why the Q3 or what ever the sub $200 BB10 device without BIS is, is doomed in those markets). They buy those low end BBOS devices because of BIS and those users can get monthly data plans that are much cheaper than the monthly plans those sub $100 device have (and the Q3 will have).

IT was a HUGE mistake not to build BB10 to satisfy the needs of the existing customers, while providing the wants of the rest of the market. BB10 ended up not being a good fit for either, and took to long to release and wasn't even ready when it was released.

I wonder how many engineers are trying to figure out how to add BIS back into BB10 right now...
    04-04-14 01:13 PM
    I for one am tired of hearing about cheap handsets.

I do want the "hottest specied phone". Does the OS require it - no, but I still want it. I do not want to get out 2yrs and be running out of processing power.

I drive 2 BMW's. Can I take and run them at their full potential? No - not unless I go to the track or risk a ticket. But I still enjoy driving them knowing what they can do, not what I require out to them.

The same goes for a phone or for that matter - anything I own.

By the way - a side note - you might think that I must be up to my eye balls in debt. Nope - I live mostly debt free, by saving well. I work very hard for my money and demand quality in my equipment - the reason for originally going to BB.

Now I am beginning to consider jumping ship to Sailfish or Utunbu. Will see this fall.
    I like the analogy here, would've been better if you used porsche..

Posted via CB10
    04-04-14 01:41 PM
    My slowest Bimmer can beat your fastest Porsche
    04-04-14 03:12 PM
    you guys ********? BlackBerry indeed should make users use bb10. but they based on current sales which is clear that bb7 devices outsell bb10. before anything else keep in mind that the company must survive 1st before doing something that burns a lot of cash! you guys are idiots. let them have bb7 sales if that could help them survive rather than force bb10 devices but no sales thus fastening their death.

04-04-14 05:40 PM
    Like I have posted in the past, we should enjoy BlackBerry until it lasts.

Every time I read CrackBerry forums, i am reminded that this company has limited time and money and neither will last long.

I am a true believer in my z10 but somewhere along the why, i've realized there are worse things than BlackBerry dying out or being sold to pieces.

In fact, we should spend less time on smartphones and more on reading books.

I already feel smarter.......

Posted via CB10
    04-04-14 06:15 PM
    This company is flailing about and drowning.
    Apply for the job and get this thing moving!
    RubberChicken76 likes this.
    04-04-14 06:22 PM
61 123