06-05-14 08:54 PM
55 123
tools
    At the Apple Worldwide Developer's Conference, Apple revealed that 98% of Fortune 500 companies currently use iOS.

Craig Federighi, Apple's Sr VP of Software Engineering, then adds "We're gong to get that last 2%" with a "business centered" approach to iOS devices.

BBRY and Chen need to get serious about this and fast because when you're facing a juggernaut of 98% marketshare of the world's 500 largest and most influential companies, the old BBRY refrain that BB devices are "tools not toys" is becoming a real joke.
    06-02-14 01:22 PM
    Would love to see some actual sources that show they actually have 98% of fortune 500 companies using iOS... Sounds quite high a figure even for Apple. If Apple would only show where they get some of what they spew out? lol
    06-02-14 01:26 PM
    Well I know for a fact that blackberry is being used in 99% of all companies. The fact is that android is as well. They are purposely distorting the facts. There are any number of types of phones being used in any company.

Posted via CB10
    KermEd, needforbbx, web99 and 2 others like this.
    06-02-14 01:41 PM
    Probably the figure is more about ipad than iphone, because if you are using a tablet in a company its probaby ipad, although there is plenty of iphone in enterprise too.
    06-02-14 01:43 PM
    98%? lmaooo

that would be because of BYOD but there is no way even BYOD would be that high.

here is a source http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-...27-712132.html
    "Analyst asks if Apple is hiring more folks to help with enterprise customers.

The iPhone is being used in 97% of Fortune 500, and the iPad is used in 98% of Fortune 500. He also says vast majority of tablet activations are on iPads, and 95% of total app activations were on iOS. "I think that is an incredible measure of ultimately how sticky the products are because you get so much productivity out of an iPad and iPhone," he said. He also thinks "the road in enterprise is a longer one.""
    06-02-14 01:46 PM
    This guy is bluffing... just like the 14% windows 8 line...
    olakailan likes this.
    06-02-14 01:47 PM
    The telling remark is iOS. Not phones. Most are indeed invested in iOS devices, because they need to be or want to be. Doesn't mean they use them as phones.
    06-02-14 01:48 PM
    Even if it is just remotely accurate...let's say in 88% or 78% or 68% not 98%, it puts the whole "BBRY is about tools and not toys" refrain to rest. Whether it is iPad or iPhone, the fact of the matter is that iOS has clearly established itself in business.
    06-02-14 02:01 PM
    What he failed to mention is that BlackBerry is also in these same companies. He didn't say all. Even 1 iPhone issued by the company, or being tested, or BYOD is what they are counting.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960, web99, yessuz and 1 others like this.
    06-02-14 03:23 PM
    Well I know for a fact that blackberry is being used in 99% of all companies. The fact is that android is as well. They are purposely distorting the facts. There are any number of types of phones being used in any company.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly. If one person uses it then Apple can say ios us used IN that company.

Apple is the master at distorting numbers.

Posted via CB10
    web99 likes this.
    06-02-14 03:35 PM
    Would love to see some actual sources that show they actually have 98% of fortune 500 companies using iOS... Sounds quite high a figure even for Apple. If Apple would only show where they get some of what they spew out? lol
    I suspect that he gave his usual response of "___% are testing or deploying the iPhone". This is very different from saying that "98% of smartphones in Fortune 500 companies are iPhones".
    06-02-14 04:42 PM
    Whether it is iPad or iPhone, the fact of the matter is that iOS has clearly established itself in business.
    Absolutely. Years ago, there were concerns with security, concerns with managability and concerns with some OS deficiencies. Now, those have pretty much gone away for most companies and iOS is the go-to app platform.

We are a BYOD company (fortune 500) and we can use whatever we want. BlackBerry 10 works fine for day-to-day but I have absolutely run into issues where there's a mobile app for iOS that isn't on BlackBerry 10. Concur Travel comes to mind, but there are others.
    JeepBB and NYC10065 like this.
    06-02-14 04:45 PM
    I think Chen is dealing with these issues, but things don't change so quickly. I think the main point here is that we shouldn't be surprised when we see that iOS has a huge place in business (regardless of the percentage) and that will not change at least in the short run.

Blackberry's game is in the long run in my opinion. It's gonna be tough but nobody said it would easy! The products, os updates and BES must be perfected and pushed properly!

Posted via CB10
    06-02-14 04:56 PM
    What is everyone's resistance to Apple being adopted by the masses? They do a lot of things right. Not all users are like you/us. There are tons of people who can't figure out BB10... what else do you expect them to use besides the simplest, easiest platform and device out there?

I'm personally happier that Apple is keeping Google out of enterprise. Kudos, they're listening to enterprise customers and delivering, they're making deployment easy and affordable, and BlackBerry is bringing back the trackpad. Woot. :P

Posted via CB10
    06-02-14 05:39 PM
    At the Apple Worldwide Developer's Conference, Apple revealed that 98% of Fortune 500 companies currently use iOS.

Craig Federighi, Apple's Sr VP of Software Engineering, then adds "We're gong to get that last 2%" with a "business centered" approach to iOS devices.

BBRY and Chen need to get serious about this and fast because when you're facing a juggernaut of 98% marketshare of the world's 500 largest and most influential companies, the old BBRY refrain that BB devices are "tools not toys" is becoming a real joke.
    As a BlackBerry shareholder I really hope that iOS has that 98%.. it means that the vast majority of that % is managed by BES10.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-14 06:04 PM
    He said 98% of Fortune 500 companies use an ios device. He doesn't say that 98% of devices used in fortune 500 companies are ios devices. Two totally different things. If one person in 490 of those companies use an ios device, his statement is met.

Posted via CB10 via Z10STL100-3/10.3.0.296
    web99 likes this.
    06-02-14 06:12 PM
    The only bb devices I have seen lately are a few leftover bolds. I work for a fortune 50 Co and the past few years is has taken over in the states. My company just moved from bes to airwatch mdm with corporate iPhone, ipad, and body is open to android and iPhone. Still works on my z10, but and dreading the day the kick my device of the server and force an iPhone on me.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-14 06:18 PM
    I think posters here are missing the point of Blackberry's rediscovered enterprise focus. It's not about stopping Apple or Android devices from making it into the enterprise. It's not about recovering device market share. It's about selling BES 10/12 licenses to manage those devices. Displacing small time companies like MobileIron by offering free replacement MDM licenses will cost Blackberry in the short term, but being able to manage all devices (BB, iOS, Android, and soon Windows Mobile) from a single console, that administrators are already comfortable with, is the approach they are taking. Blackberry/Chen knows they can't win the market share battle in handsets. They can win the battle for enterprise MDM, which will help them keep their handsets in the enterprise.
    Troy Tiscareno and pcguy514 like this.
    06-02-14 06:19 PM
    This guy is bluffing... just like the 14% windows 8 line...
    The marketshare of Blackberry devices projected by IDC to be shipped in 2014 is <1%. In the United States, the proportion is likely even less. While businesses certainly don't make up a huge smartphone marketshare, it certainly makes up more than 1%.

So what devices do you think most businesses must be purchasing?
    JeepBB, anon1727506 and techvisor like this.
    06-02-14 06:47 PM
    The marketshare of Blackberry devices projected by IDC to be shipped in 2014 is <1%. In the United States, the proportion is likely even less. While businesses certainly don't make up a huge smartphone marketshare, it certainly makes up more than 1%.

Get what you're trying to say but most if not all fortune 500 are multi national corporations, US is just a little part of the employee base. At least at the ones that I support at work.

Ps. Not denying BlackBerry have their work to do or the declined US market share.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-14 07:12 PM

OP, BlackBerry is still strong in the enterprise market. BlackBerry has almost 61 percent of MDM market share in large enterprises. This is one fact that was just conveniently omitted by Apple.

Enterprise Mobility Should Not be Risky Business | Inside BlackBerry for Business Blog

As we take a step back and evaluate the mobility management landscape, there are clear reasons why achieving enterprise-ready status is no easy feat. First, analyst research shows that BlackBerry has almost 61 percent of MDM market share in large enterprises. This point highlights that we have the trust of our customers and the experience when it comes to managing large, complex mobile environments
    Also here is another fact. BlackBerry issued 1,000,000 BES 10 licenses through the EZ Pass program.

Over 1 Million BES10 Licenses have been issued through EZ Pass - BlackBerry Empire

This is news we can begin to get used to: Over 1 million BES10 licenses have been issued to businesses across the world through EZ Pass in exchange for BES5 and competitor licenses.
    06-02-14 07:49 PM
    One thing I've learned working in advertising and marketing is that you can make a claim until someone challenges it. And if your ACTUAL claim does show you being the winner, you can twist the words around to make it seems like you're winning.

Relax people.
    06-02-14 07:59 PM
    They could just not be upgrading from older, BBOS devices. The shipped stat doesn't necessarily correlate to proportion in use, especially in businesses, which can be slooow to upgrade.
    FSeverino likes this.
    06-02-14 08:00 PM
    Let us not forget that this doesn't mean that 98% of Fortune 500 companies are deploying 100% iOS devices.... far from the truth.

To state that they are being used by 98% of Fortune 500 companies, definitely.
    web99 likes this.
    06-02-14 08:09 PM

It's just a careful worded statement. Apple is really good at the psychological aspect of business. Seems to be working as it made you think that they are dominating

Posted via CB10 running on Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.2228
    06-02-14 09:30 PM
55 123