06-16-14 06:46 AM
253 1234 ...
tools
    This is the real irony. Chen is going to dump bb10 after all the heavy lifting has been done and someone else will swoop in and finish off the easy part.
    The easy part? I don't understand. Who's going to build the ecosystem that Blackberry couldn't build? Lenovo?
    05-28-14 11:16 PM
    So did he say anything else in his talk that was interesting besides "no comment" regarding an android device?

Giving a keynote at the All Things D Conference is a big deal. I hope he said something useful. And why hasn't crackberry covered it AT ALL?!??

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    JeepBB likes this.
    05-28-14 11:31 PM
    BB10 is further along then this and now Chen wants to abandon it for an android phone???
    Sometimes I wish Chen would stop doing interviews and STFU. For a company in decline he is in the news a whole lot shooting his mouth off, and making people very uneasy. Tim Cook doesn't speak publicly even a 1/100th as much as Chen.
    Nobody said BlackBerry will abandon BB10 for Android. And yes, does Chen ever work?
    05-28-14 11:32 PM
    So I just had a look at the front page. Thank you Blaize. I was beginning to wonder about you guys.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    05-28-14 11:36 PM
    Maybe Chen has spent time reading these threads of BB haters in disquise calling for this and has read countless emails and complaints internally beggin for this and is just SIMPLY SICK and had it UP TO HERE about the whole topic??!

yeah that's a more likely scenario!
    Haha. I sure hope you're kidding.

If not it's too silly to comment on. Except to ask you what a "disquise" is?

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    05-28-14 11:36 PM
    Admit it, majority of Crackberry won't love Android until John Chen says so.
    05-29-14 03:52 AM
    That just seems negative for the sake of being negative. I will say I'm more concerned about the future of BlackBerry 10 devices the more I hear Chen speak. And that sucks for me because I love this OS. Regardless I am excited for the 10.3.1 update on my Z10.

Posted via CB10
    What's with this negative and positive thinking crap? Negative and Positive are used in ohms law and electricity and have nothing to do with real life!

Your being positive when you agree with someone's opinion and your negative if you don't? I have always hated this type of thinking.

Life is reality and everyone out there has an opinion based on his or hers thoughts and beliefs. Just because they don't share your opinion doesn't make them negative.

That positive and negative thinking is nothing more then mind control, period. I say life is reality so just deal with it.

Sent using the CB Forum app
    JeepBB, Poirots Progeny and CMcRob like this.
    05-29-14 04:10 AM
    BlackBerry releasing the most secure Android phone on the planet might actually draw more attention to them.
    Android and secure in the same sentence is so wrong.

Posted from my HP 6300 SFF via IE11
    05-29-14 05:53 AM
    The easy part? I don't understand. Who's going to build the ecosystem that Blackberry couldn't build? Lenovo?
    Someone with deeper pockets and the luxury of time to slowly build the eco system. Getting bb10 to market was the heavy lifting. The rest is about marketing and tweaking the product.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-14 05:54 AM
    Probably because Cook isn't having to go around selling investors on the idea that his company really is viable short-term and long-term and has products in the pipeline that will help improve revenues and profits going forward. All Cook has to do is sit in his office and watch the money roll in from products originally created in the Steve Jobs era, and make sure future improvements to those products aren't completely screwed up.

Besides, based on Carl Icahn's word Cook's too busy constantly having meals with Icahn to talk to anyone else.
    Exactly. One of his key challenges is to change the perception that BlackBerry won't even be 'around' in a year. That very stigma affects not only customers of handsets, but also mdm and qnx as well.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    05-29-14 06:16 AM
    Consumer - Droid
    Enterprise - BB10

He dodged the questions. Reason?
    They have something in the works with Droid/Google.

Again not liking some of his answer.

Using a BlackBerry Z10! The "UnDroid"!
    05-29-14 06:26 AM
    BlackBerry releasing the most secure Android phone on the planet might actually draw more attention to them.

Posted from my Z30 via CB10
    Could work. Something I posted months ago. Folks with Droids could download and install for better security and compatibility with BES10/12.

Using a BlackBerry Z10! The "UnDroid"!
    05-29-14 06:28 AM
    What's with this negative and positive thinking crap? Negative and Positive are used in ohms law and electricity and have nothing to do with real life!

Your being positive when you agree with someone's opinion and your negative if you don't? I have always hated this type of thinking.

Life is reality and everyone out there has an opinion based on his or hers thoughts and beliefs. Just because they don't share your opinion doesn't make them negative.

That positive and negative thinking is nothing more then mind control, period. I say life is reality so just deal with it.

Sent using the CB Forum app
    That's negative.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-14 06:41 AM
    Here are a few thoughts.

Look at Chen's body language when he is asked the question. His eyes look down and away. He was clearly taken aback.

If BlackBerry has no Android plans, this was clearly the wrong answer. Why not make say something like "BlackBerry has spent several years developing a world class operating system in BlackBerry 10. It is secure, more advanced, and better focused on our customers' needs than rival operating systems. So, our focus is BB10."

Hey, if Microsoft can make an Android phone, should we be surprised that BlackBerry might?

I bet this project has been under development for a long time.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-14 06:42 AM
    Obviously it's plan Z if non of the other alphabet plans worked to raise blackberry then he's gonna go for android.

Via CB10 on Z10STL100-2/10.3.0.296
    05-29-14 07:32 AM
    My only hope other than a BlackBerry Android being ultra secure is that it will have access to Google services including Play Store. Otherwise, what would be the point?
    05-29-14 07:37 AM
    Hey, if Microsoft can make an Android phone, should we be surprised that BlackBerry might?

Nokia came up with the Android phone. Microsoft had no choice but to take it over with the acquisition.

Who knows how long a BlackBerry Android has been in the works but it'd be surprising if it hasn't been for a while already. However, John Chen clearly does not rush anything to market so we likely won't see a BlackBerry Android model until next year at the earliest.
    05-29-14 07:45 AM
    Here are a few thoughts.

Look at Chen's body language when he is asked the question. His eyes look down and away. He was clearly taken aback.

If BlackBerry has no Android plans, this was clearly the wrong answer. Why not make say something like "BlackBerry has spent several years developing a world class operating system in BlackBerry 10. It is secure, more advanced, and better focused on our customers' needs than rival operating systems. So, our focus is BB10."

Posted via CB10
    Up until last summer BB10 was the future of BlackBerry... right now BlackBerry doesn't have a future. Chen has been looking at everything to come up with a way to increase profits. The App gap is a HUGE issue and I think Chen knows that it is an issue just as much for enterprise as it is for consumers. In enterprise a more secure and easier to manage BBDroid would be a possible contender - even with older hardware and higher prices. In the consumer market...
    JeepBB likes this.
    05-29-14 07:46 AM
    What about a secure Android Phone with a BB10 UI. Google might want BlackBerry to make a device like that, hence the money on the table comment.

Posted via CB10
    Secure android? Good luck. Someone is already ahead of them in that game and Knox hasn't got there yet either. What makes you think BBRY can make a secure android?
    05-29-14 07:51 AM
    Android and secure in the same sentence is so wrong.

Posted from my HP 6300 SFF via IE11
    Elaborate your statement.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    05-29-14 07:59 AM
    Obviously it's plan Z if non of the other alphabet plans worked to raise blackberry then he's gonna go for android.

Via CB10 on Z10STL100-2/10.3.0.296

I suspect BB are quite a ways through the alphabet already. Plan Z may be just around the corner...

I wonder if the dual track suggested above might work - BB10 handsets for enterprise, Android handsets for consumers. And I mean full Android, not merely a runtime, so that the phone would be OHA compliant and google play access would be a given.

Frankly, given where we are, when many seem to believe that full access to the Android ecosystem is what might be BB's last, best hope... I'm not sure what they have to lose.

JBB
    anon1727506 and kbz1960 like this.
    05-29-14 08:05 AM
    Secure android? Good luck. Someone is already ahead of them in that game and Knox hasn't got there yet either. What makes you think BBRY can make a secure android?
    Because they already have.....

If you remove the BB10 UI and just left the Runtime, what would you have? Build a custom BB10 like UI to run on top of the runtime, get rid of the BlackBerry Store add some Android Branding and I bet BlackBerry could get approved as a "secure" version of Android and be able to join the Rebel Alliance. The Rimpire is doomed, Chen knows it and he is switching sides.
    JeepBB likes this.
    05-29-14 08:07 AM
    So after the latest interview, sentiment here has apparently gone from "Chen is going to refine BB10 and push it to the masses along with BES to create a seamless ecosystem that can be further built out" to "Chen is bailing on BB10 as soon as possible because he's going to an all-Android platform to try and mesh with BES in a last-ditch effort to save his hide."

Incredible. My teenage daughters aren't this neurotic.
    1magine, Ealaionta and ViceroyPete like this.
    05-29-14 08:22 AM
    So after the latest interview, sentiment here has apparently gone from "Chen is going to refine BB10 and push it to the masses along with BES to create a seamless ecosystem that can be further built out" to "Chen is bailing on BB10 as soon as possible because he's going to an all-Android platform to try and mesh with BES in a last-ditch effort to save his hide."

Incredible. My teenage daughters aren't this neurotic.
    Because people want something which is persistent. You won't feel good knowing that the phone for which you've paid 100s of $ has been dropped off/ for a new platform
    05-29-14 08:29 AM
    Because they already have.....

If you remove the BB10 UI and just left the Runtime, what would you have? Build a custom BB10 like UI to run on top of the runtime, get rid of the BlackBerry Store add some Android Branding and I bet BlackBerry could get approved as a "secure" version of Android and be able to join the Rebel Alliance. The Rimpire is doomed, Chen knows it and he is switching sides.
    So is android on top of bb10, pure android, going to run any better? Be seamless? You'll never see bb10 or never see android? As for UI?
    05-29-14 08:30 AM
253 1234 ...