06-16-14 06:46 AM
253 ... 891011
tools
    There is no need to switch fully to Android. Microsoft is even toying around with making Android devices along side WP8 devices. It doesn't need to be all or nothing. They could do it and see how it works. If it doesn't pan out, they've still got OS7 and BB10.
    JeepBB and DS1331 like this.
    06-02-14 11:51 PM
    There is no need to switch fully to Android. Microsoft is even toying around with making Android devices along side WP8 devices. It doesn't need to be all or nothing. They could do it and see how it works. If it doesn't pan out, they've still got OS7 and BB10.

I agree that Android is an idea worth trying... at least for the consumer market. I'm sure Foxconn could have something ready in a short timescale.
    I reckon BB10 could continue to spearhead the Enterprise offerings where security *does* sell.
    Frankly, BB giving themselves another product line can only help with the currently dire sales of BB phones.
    As you say, even Microsoft have an Android range, though I reckon that's more an accident brought about by the Nokia takeover.
    It does make me chuckle to be painted as an Android fanboi, as its an OS that I dislike and prefer not to use. Its very popular though, with a huge ecosystem, and I think it might help BB out of a very deep hole. I think Chen has at least stopped BB digging any deeper, but its already very very deep.
    Witmen likes this.
    06-03-14 02:04 AM
    They don't seem able to handle 2 different OSes. How are they going to handle 3?
    tinochiko likes this.
    06-03-14 07:35 AM
    They don't seem able to handle 2 different OSes. How are they going to handle 3?

Good point, Well made.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-03-14 07:37 AM
    They make a Q10 knockoff running Android.
    Where?!? You mean the droid pro?? That's old as balls

Posted via CB10
    dphjeff likes this.
    06-03-14 02:59 PM
    Where?!? You mean the droid pro?? That's old as balls

Posted via CB10
    They had one here on Crackberry a month or so ago. Don't remember anything about it other than it looked like a Q10 and it run Android.
    06-03-14 06:07 PM
    Also out of the Google, Apple, Microsoft and Blackberry, BB is the only purebred phone manufacturer that makes an OS. And that is their weakness. They know how to make good phones, but terrible at an ecosystem. Every other OS has a better ecosystem of services and apps.

Apple created an ecosystem with the Macs.
    Google has the best online services deeply integrated in Android.
    Microsoft has good services and the Windows PC ecosystem.
    BB has.....a great secure phone.
    And android and apple make great phones as well

Posted via CB10
    06-03-14 07:24 PM
    Because they wouldn't have to pay people to create and R and D major android updates or anything like that. Right now they have to gauge the publics reactions and do testing and build the OS with the new features for 10.3. I could be wrong but I don't think they would have to do the majority of that with android operating systems

Posted via CB10
    06-03-14 07:30 PM
    Because they wouldn't have to pay people to create and R and D major android updates or anything like that. Right now they have to gauge the publics reactions and do testing and build the OS with the new features for 10.3. I could be wrong but I don't think they would have to do the majority of that with android operating systems

Posted via CB10
    FIPS approval unless they don't want to get it certified. Not as easy with Android and every new compiled version of the OS would have to be tested.

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    06-03-14 08:34 PM
    And android and apple make great phones as well

Posted via CB10
    Are you hijacking this thread? Wasn't this thread about putting crappy Android on BlackBerry devices, not pushing Android or Apple? Are you an Android salesman?
    06-03-14 09:50 PM
    Are you hijacking this thread? Wasn't this thread about putting crappy Android on BlackBerry devices, not pushing Android or Apple? Are you an Android salesman?
    Yes, of course, because everyone who doesn't think that BlackBerry is king and everyone else is crap must be an Android salesman right?

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    dphjeff likes this.
    06-03-14 10:25 PM
    Yes, of course, because everyone who doesn't think that BlackBerry is king and everyone else is crap must be an Android salesman right?

At this point, Blackberry sure isn't king. How ever I will take my double typing, period adding, word changing, freezing up Q10 over an Android device any day. truth be known there all crap.
    06-03-14 11:14 PM
    At this point, Blackberry sure isn't king. How ever I will take my double typing, period adding, word changing, freezing up Q10 over an Android device any day. truth be known there all crap.
    I, too, prefer the keyboard on my Z10 to anything I've tried on an Android device. And for that matter I also prefer it to my father's iPhone 5S keyboard. That being said, however, that doesn't mean that all Android devices are crap.

PS: You Q10 seems to have changed "however" into " how ever". Lol.

dphjeff likes this.
    06-04-14 12:43 AM
    Or there have a good surprise for us or its the end of the road to BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 01:43 AM
    That's one thing I like about Chen. He discovered early what the key differentiator is with BlackBerry (security) and decided to focus on that.

An BlackBerry Android with unmatched security including secure BBM is a license to print money.
    The problem is that it isn't easy to secure Android. Look at Samsung Knox and how it still isn't what it was supposed to be. It would be a nightmare to keep the security certs for every OS update due to the monolithic kernel. BB10 was built with Security from the ground up, Android was not. They would have to invest a ton of money, constantly to make a BlackBerry version of Android secure to BB10 levels. Slapping the BlackBerry name on the device and the BB10 UI won't make it secure.

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    06-04-14 06:08 AM
    What about a secure Android Phone with a BB10 UI. Google might want BlackBerry to make a device like that, hence the money on the table comment.

Posted via CB10
    Already in development between Samsung and Cisco.
    06-04-14 06:24 AM
    And now the US Department of Defense has authorized Samsung Knox devices:

US Department of Defense gives approval to Samsung Knox devices | Android Central
    06-04-14 01:40 PM

US Department of Defense gives approval to Samsung Knox devices | Android Central
    They have been approved iOS too.
    06-04-14 04:56 PM

I hear the fat lady singing in the distance...

Posted from my BlackBerry Z30 via Tapatalk
    JeepBB likes this.
    06-04-14 06:22 PM
    I hear the fat lady singing in the distance...

Posted from my BlackBerry Z30 via Tapatalk
    Hey you leave my family out of this!
    JeepBB likes this.
    06-04-14 06:58 PM
    Hey you leave my family out of this!
    Haha! That's funny.
    dphjeff likes this.
    06-05-14 06:39 AM
    They could very well be moving away from BB10 to Android or they are working out a deal with Google possibly to some how connect Google Play to future BB10 devices; leaving the OS version 10 but the emphases on the Android support with the player. Oh knows. I do suspect something is in the works though.
    06-05-14 09:56 PM

Well you aren't hearing is how it's being deployed and to whom. Top officials likely have BlackBerry devices while people lower down have the option of iOS and or Android.
    06-05-14 09:59 PM
    Maybe he's just avoiding the question because they are working on an iOS emulator too and didn't want to shed any light on anything. Besides, people will tear his comments apart and try to speculate on just what he's trying to not say. Gotta play it smart for now and not tip his hand until he's ready to blow the competition away... oh, we can only hope.
    Dual Boot phone FTW!!!
    06-12-14 11:29 AM
    Lol I wasn't high jacking anything I have a Moto X and htc one and Q10 I want BlackBerry to create an android phone I'm too deep in the google ecosystem. But I just said android and apple make great phones too cause the guy I replied too was acting like only BlackBerry makes great phones

Posted via CB10
    dphjeff likes this.
    06-13-14 12:49 PM
253 ... 891011