Hey guys,
    Netflix rep is suggesting BlackBerry is not allowing their app. Can we get some senior BB representative or CB's senior members to respond to this? Is this allegation true?
    Hi
    20 minutes ago Netflix Tanner
    Hey there! Thanks for chatting into Netflix! My name is Tanner , May I ask who I have the pleasure of speaking with today?
    20 minutes ago You
    I'm *****
    19 minutes ago Netflix Tanner
    Hey ***** how can I help you?
    19 minutes ago You
    when can i expect a BlackBerry 10 app for Netflix?
    19 minutes ago You
    I can't use Neflix on my phone right now
    19 minutes ago Netflix Tanner
    Oh rats !
    18 minutes ago Netflix Tanner
    Well let me check and see if I can find anything on that for you *****.
    17 minutes ago Netflix Tanner
    Okay you have tried looking for it in your app store?
    16 minutes ago You
    its not in the Blackberry app store
    14 minutes ago Netflix Tanner
    Hmm well we do try to get as much content to as many devices as possible , as of right now it does not look like we have an application for the black berry but we are working on expanding our technology . Did you just get your phone?
    14 minutes ago You
    I have had it since April
    13 minutes ago Netflix Tanner
    Oh really, what other devices do you watch Netflix on?
    13 minutes ago You
    Ipad and Sony set top box
    12 minutes ago You
    so is netflix making a Blackberry app?
    12 minutes ago You
    or not?
    12 minutes ago Netflix Tanner
    Oh cool! Well ***** , I can take your feedback because all the feedback we can get is for the better because and we are trying to expand!
    10 minutes ago You
    so is netflix making a blackberry app? or not?
    10 minutes ago Netflix Tanner
    But not at the moment, my mom has one as well and she watches it on her other devices, but I'm not sure there is not an update for me because we don't have a specific date but once we do we will put it out right away.
    10 minutes ago You
    ok
    8 minutes ago Netflix Tanner
    Yeah I will definitely take the feedback because I agree we should so all the people with blackberrys can enjoy it but its just between getting the contracts from that Provider in order to use our service on that device .
    7 minutes ago You
    ok thanks
    7 minutes ago Netflix Tanner
    I think it is just between Black berry allowing us as well! So maybe ask if they can take your feedback as well.
    6 minutes ago Netflix Tanner
    Anytime, anything else I can help you with today
    6 minutes ago Netflix Tanner
    ?
    5 minutes ago You
    Wait, are you saying Blackberry isn't allowing a netflix app on their store?
    5 minutes ago Netflix Tanner
    I have no idea but I think it would not hurt to ask neither.
    5 minutes ago You
    ok i will ask them. Thanks
    4 minutes ago Netflix Tanner
    No problem , anything else I can help with?
    4 minutes ago You
    no thats all, Thanks!
    10-10-13 11:18 AM
    I don't think he is suggesting that they are not allowing it. I think he is saying that you should check whether they are not allowing it. Just some random thought that crossed his mind to explain it. He probably has no clue what is going on behind the scenes.

And I think we already know the answer. Blackberry isn't blocking it.
    10-10-13 11:23 AM
    These representatives just say what you want to hear. I have spoken to 4 different representatives about an app on BB10 and all of them told me they had the Z10 and they were also waiting for a BB10 app. I really doubt that everyone at Netflix owns a BB10 device.

Even this representative says that their mom has the device.

Play Starcraft? Join our Channel: C001242DE
    CDM76 likes this.
    10-10-13 11:39 AM
    BBRY has made many a bonehead move, but not allowing Netflix in BlackBerry World is not one of them.

BBRY never has been, and never will be, in the position to keep Netflix out because Netflix has never had any real interest in an app for BB, and that certainly won't change.
    10-10-13 12:21 PM
    Grammar and punctuation aren't a thing at Netflix I suppose.

Twitter: xandermac
    10-10-13 12:33 PM
    Obviously a lie, why wouldn't blackberry want one of the biggest apps that people won't stop asking for on their phone.

"Oh rats" hahaha, who says that.. Weird rep

Posted via CB10
    10-10-13 12:34 PM
    sideloaded netflix on z10. no problems...
    10-10-13 12:35 PM
    I think BlackBerry has to allow any app into their app world. Unless it's unfinished, doesn't look complete/bad, viruses etc.

There was a conspiracy about Apple not allowing BBM into their App Store also. But I think they have to allow it but they could certainly delay it until they die but then that would get out to the public.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-13 12:37 PM
    Yeauh, it was approved by Apple and pulled by blackberry the very next day because the system was broken. Still hasn't been re-submitted 3 weeks later. Not really an Apple problem that RIM can't get their heads out of their asses.

There was a conspiracy about Apple not allowing BBM into their App Store also. But I think they have to allow it but they could certainly delay it until they die but then that would get out to the public.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-13 12:40 PM
    Yeauh, it was approved by Apple and pulled by blackberry the very next day because the system was broken. Still hasn't been re-submitted 3 weeks later. Not really an Apple problem that RIM can't get their heads out of their asses.
    I wasn't talking about the overall picture. I thought everyone knew blackberry pulled it out Appe Store and Play Store. Thought it was just common sense in these forums now.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-13 12:42 PM
    This has been addressed many times: reps will say anything to keep your money, including misleading, vague statements and telling you how much they love BlackBerry.

Netflix for BlackBerry isn't going to happen.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 and jhimmel like this.
    10-10-13 01:26 PM
    We have seen 100 of these chat threads and none of them are relevant
    brucep1, khehl and richardat like this.
    10-10-13 03:08 PM
    Okay so I just had a chat with Netflix as well, was wondering what answer I would get from the representative on this question. So here is what I was told:

"Okay, right now I do not see any developments for Blackberry 10, but I do know that our engineers are working on HTML5 and better ways to work with all mobile devices.
    4 minutes agoNetflix Lucile
    Netflix works with the companies themselves to help them develop applications for their mobile network
    2 minutes agoNetflix Lucile
    So you never know when an update for Blackberry will pop up with the option
    2 minutes agoNetflix Lucile
    Or at least a download option for components to download a Netflix app."
    10-10-13 10:27 PM
    Didn't the CEO of Netflix (or someone in upper management) say something about not having tired BB10 and expecting it to not do well? Don't quote me on the paraphrase.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-13 10:59 PM
    We have seen 100 of these chat threads and none of them are relevant
    This is the worst I've seen - well I didn't see any other transcript.

First, juciepatties is correct, he didn't even say it was bb... It is EXTREMELY clear that he's just Trying to be a nice guy and talk to you and he's talking in general terms about what he thinks are general obstacles that need to be dealt with.

... And I'm going I be harsh here, but YOU NAMGAS also obviously went there with the intent to troll. You knew they didn't have it - obviously very very old news .. And you are also abrupt about it and clearly fishing for him to make a statement you could jump on eg. One is coming soon, it's bb's fault, etc - especially considering you KNEW the answer. Hoping the kid would lose his temper so you could post that? Too bad... Netflix tanner sounds like a very young man , but made you look foolish. Not only did he stay cool and nice - he even tried to talk to you out of script like a normal person ... And tried to empathize with you while you went there to looking to get some drama to post.

Netflix tanner, if you ever see this. Sorry. Some crackberry users are like this, but not all are. Sorry some come there to troll you and waste your time. You did a great job - thanks for giving him the benefit of the doubt and being willing to talk to somebody like a real person and not just read off a service script. Keep your heart open even of sometimes you get people like this. I am always very relieved when I have to talk to a rep and get somebody like yourself. Thanks.
    10-10-13 11:23 PM
    The CEO said that it was a "great
    Device" but that he hasn't used one yet and that he volumes were too small for them at that point (absolutely true), and that people don't use them for entertainment as much as iOS/android (this sent cb into a conniption even though the extreme cb'ers and bb themselves are divided on both whether that is true, and whether it should be true - and constantly change their tune about it - we're in a current : tools not toys phase bc of the recent bb spin put out ie prosumers and enterprise.)

Then... A cb extremist posted a twitter message to Alec Saunders calling the CEO a "moron". Alec - instead of ignoring this OR correcting the poster, simply went along with it like a fellow fanboy(!!!) wow.

i knew then- and posted that, netflix wasnt coming. i felt that, if the relationship were so sour that alec would go along with calling the ceo a moron, that there must be no chance at all and alec must know that (still not a good idea though... one never can be sure what can happen - why insult the guy- he didnt even do anything wrong). Ive since changed my mind on that - not sure the relationship was that bad. alec seems clueless when it comes to these things... my impression is that of an overgrown nerd who might well go along with something like that if he thought it funny, or was frustrated.

anyways, One can only hope the CEO never saw that.... It certainly was another proud and winning moment for cb and bb.... Anyways ... Good times eh?
    10-10-13 11:39 PM
    From what I've seen Alec is just another cog in the BlackBerry "we are number one" machine. For some reason these guys don't (or haven't) understood that they aren't number one and that THEY need as much help as possible.

It might not be dignified, buy I wouldn't mind some of them going on record and begging a CEO or two to help them out.
    10-11-13 08:30 AM
    Grammar and punctuation aren't a thing anymore I suppose.

Twitter: xandermac
    There you go, fixed that for you.. ;P
    10-11-13 09:52 AM
    The rep simply doesn't have a concrete answer. Ofc BlackBerry wants Netflix

Posted via CB10
    10-11-13 09:56 AM
    Not sure why someone would chat with a Netflix rep and expect them to have answers about things like software development. You call the chat rep if you're having problems getting the app to work on your Android phone and wait for them to tell you "so sorry, but the current version doesn't support Android 3.1 anymore." I mean, asking the Netflix rep why there's not BB10 app would be like me calling the local Papa Johns and asking them why I have to re-login every time I want to order something.
    m1a1mg likes this.
    10-11-13 10:04 AM
    Netflix is moving to HTML 5. We'll get it soon enough.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-13 03:37 PM
    For me I don't have a Netflix account, nor do I plan on ever getting one. But I have finally found thru Flixster a use for all those Ultraviolet digital movies that come with the Blu-ray movies I buy.

So when I get my Z30, I'll be set between those and MLB.TV.

Subscribe to Tri County Catering and Party Idea Channel. Pin #C00123065
    10-11-13 09:59 PM