05-28-15 08:22 AM
241 ... 78910
tools
    Wish it had been "CBC finally being shut Down!... $1.3 Billion dollars saved per year! Canadian taxpayers finally winners!!"

Posted via CB10
    IMO

From The National to the great documentaries and of course Hockey Night in Canada the CBC is truly a National Treasure.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-15 10:36 AM
    Apps are so 2006. I just go on the cbc website on my passport and it feels like being on a PC. Maybe apps are for outdated narrow phones like my iphone6 which I had to return for being so outdated and useless.

Posted via CB10
    And we have only to look at the ongoing decline of the PC market to see why "it feels like being on a PC" is not going to sell phones.
    app_Developer likes this.
    05-11-15 02:13 PM
    Apps are so 2006. I just go on the cbc website on my passport and it feels like being on a PC. Maybe apps are for outdated narrow phones like my iphone6 which I had to return for being so outdated and useless.

Posted via CB10
    Their website isn't working on my Z30. Won't update. Is showing news from weeks ago. Tried refreshing, clearing cache. Nothing seems to work. I guess CTV it is for me now.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-15 07:33 PM
    Seems like the app is done

((

I'm definitely not happy about it

Posted via CB10
    05-11-15 07:56 PM
    Apps are so 2006.
    At least their app has the menu buttons at the bottom within thumb-reach, where they belong.
    05-11-15 08:52 PM
    Apps are so 2006.

Posted via CB10
    ... posted confidently with the help of an app...
    05-11-15 10:03 PM
    Stopped working for me last week. No news updates , unable to reach server. At least we have CTV and the Globe.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-15 08:17 AM
    Don't know why we worry about the CBC first the Ghomeshi scandal and cannot support a Canadian company with an app. (blackberry) and we fund it with our tax dollars lets do Canadians a favor and get rid of it and the goof Qaadri that also hates Canadian products .Only thing I would miss on CBC is a great newscaster Peter Mansbridge .
    05-12-15 04:02 PM
    Don't know why we worry about the CBC first the Ghomeshi scandal and cannot support a Canadian company with an app. (blackberry) and we fund it with our tax dollars lets do Canadians a favor and get rid of it and the goof Qaadri that also hates Canadian products .Only thing I would miss on CBC is a great newscaster Peter Mansbridge .
    But they do provide apps for the mobile platforms MOST Canadians have chosen. It seems most Canadians have spoken.

As a consumer that seemingly believes this entity is obligated to support a for-profit (and this should be emphasized) organization, that leaves you a few choices.

One: get the laws changed.

Two: work to increase BB10 marketshare

Three: Relocate to a country that supports your ideals.
    05-12-15 04:42 PM
    Or four put up with Canadian Bull**** !! er's .
    05-12-15 04:57 PM
    And five: switch to a platform more Canadians use.

In technology, independence comes at a price.
    johnny_bravo72 likes this.
    05-12-15 05:15 PM
    Or six.... whine and complain till they reinstate it..... again.

The good news is that there will be an app for the shiny new apple watch everybody is clamouring for.

Bahhhd sheep.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-15 01:27 PM
    Or six.... whine and complain till they reinstate it..... again.

The good news is that there will be an app for the shiny new apple watch everybody is clamouring for.

Bahhhd sheep.

Posted via CB10
    Rich platform gets richer.
    05-13-15 04:42 PM
    #6 Move out of the country. Who wants to live with a bunch of Canadian Bull****ters?
    05-13-15 05:24 PM
    #6 Move out of the country. Who wants to live with a bunch of Canadian Bull****ters?
    6 was already taken and your option is similar to #3.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-15 05:46 PM
    So they aren't updating the app anymore, but now their just jabbing a stick in our collective eye by discontinuing the app connection. Headlines load, but stories do not.

CBC News App. Getting shut down-img_20150514_090947.png

Dear CBC, GFY.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    05-14-15 09:12 AM
    They don't care. They haven't cared.

The moment they put Strombo on HNIC they collectively said FU to every hetro sexual male hockey fan in Canada.

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    wilber1 likes this.
    05-14-15 03:44 PM
    They don't care. They haven't cared.

The moment they put Strombo on HNIC they collectively said FU to every hetro sexual male hockey fan in Canada.

Agreed. I hate strombo, I only watch coaches corner now.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-15 04:23 PM
    Agreed. I hate strombo, I only watch coaches corner now.

Posted via CB10
    +1

Can TSN please just get the rights to every NHL game for the rest of time?! Sooo much better than Kypreos and that dummy Healy

Posted via CB10
    05-14-15 10:08 PM
    So they aren't updating the app anymore, but now their just jabbing a stick in our collective eye by discontinuing the app connection. Headlines load, but stories do not.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150514_090947.png 
Views:	250 
Size:	100.0 KB 
ID:	352825

Dear CBC, GFY.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    I can't even begin their mobile website to work with my Z30. It's like they detect it's BlackBerry and it won't update. The websites still showing stories from the 29 of April ! I can understand discontinuing the app but why deliberately screw over every BlackBerry accessing the website too. I hate cbc. What a waste of money.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-15 01:19 AM
    Oh I wish but Rogers has signed a 12 year deal with NHL and CBC is part of it, at least for the short term.

If you do a twitter search during games of strombo you'll find the comments are not good at all. He's horrible at hosting, looks like a grown up wanting to be a teenager and the main reason why I keep the controller near by so when he's on I flip to something else.

I'm hoping some changes are made next year...like him gone but that's not likely because they have so much invested in him.

I'd love to see ratings of when he's on and when he's not on.

Hate to sidetrack the thread but it goes to CBC's inability to listen to the consumers and the people that keep the channel going ie the taxpayers. They have a sense of entitlement that goes beyond arrogance.

+1

Can TSN please just get the rights to every NHL game for the rest of time?! Sooo much better than Kypreos and that dummy Healy

Posted via CB10

CDM76 likes this.
    05-15-15 09:26 AM
    Oh I wish but Rogers has signed a 12 year deal with NHL and CBC is part of it, at least for the short term.

If you do a twitter search during games of strombo you'll find the comments are not good at all. He's horrible at hosting, looks like a grown up wanting to be a teenager and the main reason why I keep the controller near by so when he's on I flip to something else.

I'm hoping some changes are made next year...like him gone but that's not likely because they have so much invested in him.

I'd love to see ratings of when he's on and when he's not on.

Hate to sidetrack the thread but it goes to CBC's inability to listen to the consumers and the people that keep the channel going ie the taxpayers. They have a sense of entitlement that goes beyond arrogance.

100% agree. IMO, bring back Ron MacLean.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    05-15-15 04:45 PM
    100% agree. IMO, bring back Ron MacLean.

Posted via CB10
    Ron maclean was a moron. I have no problem with strombo other than his suit and hair product choices. However Damien Cox should not be on tv he is terrible.

Z30 (10.3.1)
    CDM76 likes this.
    05-15-15 06:06 PM
    Damien is ugh at best. Now that this has happened, I've taken to channel flipping during breaks instead of just keeping it on. I'm sure that's not what advertisers want to hear...but it's something they need to understand.

Decisions have consequences. I'm just one viewer but I can't think I'm alone in this.

Why do we need 4 commentators during every break?
    Do we really need someone in between the benches to toss in his 2 cents during the game?
    Do we need cameras on refs heads?
    Do we need that uber far away view of the rink for replays?

Whatever happened to "it's not broken, don't try to fix it" when it comes to Canadian hockey.

The reason why TSN does better coverage of hockey games is because they keep things simple.

CBC NHL Rogers thinks more women would be better for viewership. The games been around for so many years and if this new demo they want to bring to hockey was there, it would be there.

05-16-15 04:58 PM
    I use CTV app yes works great on Classic No use for CBC - close it down move on to TSN .
    05-17-15 10:12 AM
241 ... 78910