05-28-15 07:22 AM
241 ... 678910
tools
    What is going on with this app?????? It is working today. Maybe CBC is reconsidering?????

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 04:40 PM
    I started this thread and was very disappointed this app was being shut down. I had deleted it earlier this month but reloaded it today and it is working fine but with the same message. Let's hope they reconsidered.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 09:01 PM
    No matter which way you reason this, it simply sucks that we're having to have this conversation in the first place. Really a shame since it actually was a pretty decent news app.

Posted via my kick@ss Q10.
    02-20-15 09:22 PM
    I just reinstalled it too.
    It could be the million twitter hit I sent

Let's hope for the best

My Canada My BlackBerry My Z30
    02-20-15 09:24 PM
    Yep me to...re installed and working great.

I guess they won't do that again, I hope they learned from that mistake !!
    02-20-15 09:30 PM
    This CBC thing is bs. That place of ridiculousness called the Verge killed their all their apps for the website only. As a taxpayer I want CBC to do the same, or alternatively support a Canadian company aka BlackBerry. Tough s::: if my logic sucks. I don't even use the CBC app lol. But their actions bug me.

Posted via CB10
    vanrickman likes this.
    02-20-15 10:21 PM
    Wow... you guys are correct. Reinstalled it on my z30 and all is working again. The BlackBerry warning is still there though.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 09:26 AM
    Another one saying....... blackberry wants you to use android apps so were done with native. It's cheaper to not supply you with support.
    I found out that BlackBerry Assistant uses Amazon app store by default

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 09:44 AM
    I found out that BlackBerry Assistant uses Amazon app store by default

Posted via CB10
    Whaaaat?

My Canada My BlackBerry My Z30
    02-21-15 10:50 AM
    I was bummed about this too until I realized how well the mobile site works. Seriously, just add the site to your desktop in place of where you used to have the app. You will not miss the app.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 06:43 PM
    CBC is dead to me

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    02-25-15 07:25 AM
    I tweeted it direct to cbc and called them out for supposedly claiming to be a canadian company and not supporting blackberry. I guess along with you and several others someone listened and its updating at again. The BB10 app is really good on the passport. I will tweet to them today that they must continue to do this. As much as I like to give people "stick" for not doing something I also applaud efforts. If more of us do it then CBC may continue to support the app.

Thank you everyone for pushing for this app to be updated!
    3MIKE and vanrickman like this.
    02-25-15 09:52 PM
    Wow. It's back so happy!

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 11:36 AM
    The strong reaction to the loss of the CBC app from some confuses me a little and I realize that perhaps I am missing something. Why is the loss of the app so important when the mobile website works well, is well laid out and serves the same purpose (providing news)? I too used the app but switched over to the mobile website when it was announced that the app would no longer be supported. I placed a CBC mobile website shortcut icon where the CBC app icon used to be and have wondered why folks are so upset by the change. What am I missing here?
    For me the app has the quick option to play the hourly news broadcast. So that's the number one reason why I use it. Sometimes you get so used to somehow, you don't want to bother to learn a new way.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 11:15 AM
    I know this is an old thread, but I was curious if anyone still has the CBC news app installed and is it working? I realize CBC indicated they are no longer supporting it, and it doesn't come up when I do a search on BlackBerry World.

The funny thing is, CBC still has a page up at CBC.ca - CBC Mobile Services - Blackberry that talks proudly of four BB10 apps they have which are "Now Available!" Each has a link pointing to BB World, but they take you to a page where it then gives the error, " Unknown item - The requested item does not exist or is not available."

I tried to access the link for the CBC News app from my Z30 browser, and it opened BlackBerry World on my device and presented me with the actual application where you could download the app and read all the reviews. But when I try to download, I keep getting the following error:

"A network error has occurred while processing your request. Please ensure you have sufficient network coverage and try again."

I read a story on CBC's site today titled, "CBC News app launches for Apple Watch" which made me wonder. Here they are, a Canadian broadcaster funded by the public's tax dollars and they pulled their BB10 app, but are gloating over their new Apple Watch app.

In my opinion as long as CTV News is providing a working BB10 app, CBC has no excuse whatsoever not to be providing one. Especially when they had already developed the damn thing and have the BlackBerry page still active on their website, which advertises those apps as still available for download.

anyway, queue Tre, BlackBerry Guy, SK122387, Donnation, pantlesspenguin and the rest of the Breakfast Club to the rescue for the reasoning why it makes perfect sense for CBC (ahem, the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation) not to be supporting BlackBerry, a Canadian company.
    04-24-15 04:34 PM
    Yep, I use the CBC news app daily.
    04-24-15 05:32 PM
    I hate the CBC with a passion. Wish Harper would get rid of it. And if they cut off loyal BB users who do like them from the APP going forward, it's just another reason for me to hate the CBC.
    Notcho likes this.
    04-24-15 06:30 PM
  18. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Wish it had been "CBC finally being shut Down!... $1.3 Billion dollars saved per year! Canadian taxpayers finally winners!!"

Posted via CB10
    wolfpacal, Cynycl, wilber1 and 2 others like this.
    04-24-15 11:51 PM
    Yes it is working. It stopped working for a while and I deleted it but then I read here it began working again and I re installed it .

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 12:04 PM
    Wish it had been "CBC finally being shut Down!... $1.3 Billion dollars saved per year! Canadian taxpayers finally winners!!"

Posted via CB10
    Indeed. It's not like we're in the 1700's, where the ONLY way to get news was by reading it in a paper. CBC - do not need, do not want.
    04-25-15 02:07 PM
    Looks like it stopped working again

Posted via CB10
    05-09-15 02:46 AM
    Time to twitter-bomb them again.
    05-09-15 02:54 AM
    Apps are so 2006. I just go on the cbc website on my passport and it feels like being on a PC. Maybe apps are for outdated narrow phones like my iphone6 which I had to return for being so outdated and useless.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-15 06:36 AM
    Apps are so 2006. I just go on the cbc website on my passport and it feels like being on a PC. Maybe apps are for outdated narrow phones like my iphone6 which I had to return for being so outdated and useless.

Posted via CB10

Apps have their place, not everything can be a website.
    techvisor likes this.
    05-09-15 10:39 AM
    What really puzzles me is that they still have this page proudly advertising four separate BB10 apps.

It looks like they invested a lot of time and money into the development and marketing of these applications. For them to just abandon it all, makes no sense. There's got to be way more to this story than just the typical "not enough BB10 market share" reasoning.
    Last edited by terminatorx; 05-09-15 at 12:28 PM.
    05-09-15 12:13 PM
241 ... 678910