05-28-15 08:22 AM
241 1234 ...
tools
    Going to miss active frame headlines

Posted via CB10
    01-09-15 10:42 PM
    "In order to serve Canadians better"? HOW ARE YOU SERVING US BETTER?!?

Posted via CB10
    01-09-15 10:43 PM
    "In order to serve Canadians better"? HOW ARE YOU SERVING US BETTER?!?

Posted via CB10
    What is the current breakdown of mobile marketshare in Canada?
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-09-15 10:45 PM
    CBC is a consumer market news source , BBRY if I remember correctly is enterprise .... If they don't support them why should CBC support back?

Sent from the device that works best for me using Tapatalk HD
    01-09-15 10:51 PM
    LOL@ all saying "get the Android app! Yaaay!" or "the Browser is just fine".

I guess Evernote, Whatsapp, Facebook, calculator, hell even the native browser should be replaced by Android, right?

So we have a cool BlackBerry with Android ! Yaaaaaaay. Please say yaaaaay and be confirmist because it's so cool to obey like a sheep.

Android and browser. Why native, right?

Posted via CB10
    01-09-15 10:56 PM
    So when will they stop updating the app??? I'm very disappointed in CBC.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-15 11:08 PM
    I hear the IT geniuses at the CBC don't even offer BlackBerry devices as options for their employees. Android and iPhone devices only. Brillant choices for the news division in particular. Not supporting the app is therefore not surprising.

Posted via CB10
    I thought Peter Mansbridge and maybe Amanda Lang have BlackBerry phones?

Posted via CB10
    01-09-15 11:11 PM
    Some posting, here, in favor of this CBC move sound like CBC staffers. Broadcasting Canadian news should include an app for the only Canadian smartphone even if only as a courtesy and not a money maker. A link to a generic website for BB10 users, while iOS and Android users continue with their custom apps, suggests CBC IT Dep't has a bias.

TCB on Z10
    01-09-15 11:12 PM
    The video player is a lot better on the mobile site, one positive.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-15 11:17 PM
    Some posting, here, in favor of this CBC move sound like CBC staffers. Broadcasting Canadian news should include an app for the only Canadian smartphone even if only as a courtesy and not a money maker. A link to a generic website for BB10 users, while iOS and Android users continue with their custom apps, suggests CBC IT Dep't has a bias.

TCB on Z10
    Probably not. Like everyone they concentrate on where the numbers are.
    Tre Lawrence and mornhavon like this.
    01-09-15 11:19 PM
    The mobile HTML 5 webapp works great and dare I say better than the BB10 app. All companies, public or private, would like to move to a common platform. It just makes sense. I use the CBC app constantly and I like the mobile site. This is the future.

Posted via CB10
    The app works better than the site. Again if they are dropping support for all apps for specific operating systems that is great and just have the website, then that is okay. But if the taxpayer funded network is cutting out support for the only mobile phone company that pays taxes in this country, then that is not ok. The cbc's mandate as a public broadcaster is to support all things Canadian.

Of course when one of their news stories is that the strong American dollar will increase the cost of apple apps, then you know that ifanism is running amock.

Posted via CB10
    svelt and 3MIKE like this.
    01-10-15 12:43 AM
    So what about the windows phone app? They dropping support there also? They should drop all support for mobile apps and use html5 for all platforms if they truly care about saving taxpayers money and delivering the same experience too all. Just like the verge, hate the site but they dumped their apps for all platforms I believe.

Isn't that the Canadian way? Equal access for all? Fack CBC. Gutless wonders.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-15 03:16 AM
    This is what BlackBerry is encouraging app developers to do. So what's the problem?

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2015/01/...tml5-apps-war/
    01-10-15 07:23 AM
    Couldn't agree more!! I have been following Crackberry for a number of years but this is my first post! I use the CBC app daily and to have them discontinue "support" for the app is ridiculous. How much money can that be saving them. I think that if all of us that have used the app complain to them they have to listen. ....need to be proactive especially if you have used app and felt it was useful.
    01-10-15 09:20 AM
    I use this app quite often. Too bad.
    01-10-15 09:22 AM
    That sucks but the Android one works well.
    Right, at a price of 2x battery consumption.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-15 09:32 AM
    The last thing you want to see is "CBC News App, now on your favorite Windows Mobile devices".

Posted via CB10
    01-10-15 09:35 AM
    Check out the new " reviews" of the app on BlackBerry World --wow! Unfortunately I doubt if anyone at CBC reads them except, maybe, some iPhone guy in their IT Dep't

TCB on Z10
    01-10-15 09:36 AM
    BlackBerry told devs and app owners to go Android and submit to Amazon's store. Now that they are doing it you are pissed off at the devs and app owners?! BlackBerry is the one you should be pissed at.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-10-15 09:49 AM
    I thought Peter Mansbridge and maybe Amanda Lang have BlackBerry phones?

Posted via CB10
    Yes they do. But CBC won't provision new BlackBerry devices. And I know quite a few news division people who aren't happy about it.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-15 11:37 AM
    Morons. I use the app daily. I won't be visiting their mobile site daily.
    01-10-15 12:30 PM
    What a shame. A couple of my American friends use that app all the time.

Oh well. USA Today, Globe and Mail will have to do.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-15 12:44 PM
    Morons. I use the app daily. I won't be visiting their mobile site daily.
    Nope. CBC is in death spiral.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-15 12:44 PM
    The CBC has been going through budget cuts the last little while. This is probably one of many. I don't like to see support for BB10 dropped, but at the same time, as a tax payer that helps pay for the CBC, there is an expectation that they spend their money, my tax dollars, wisely. The bigger picture is that there are far more Canadians using Android and IOS than BB10. It makes financial sense to continue to support those platforms and that majority of users. (For the rest, there is still the option of their mobile site.)

-
    01-10-15 02:29 PM
    The CBC has been going through budget cuts the last little while. This is probably one of many. I don't like to see support for BB10 dropped, but at the same time, as a tax payer that helps pay for the CBC, there is an expectation that they spend their money, my tax dollars, wisely. The bigger picture is that there are far more Canadians using Android and IOS than BB10. It makes financial sense to continue to support those platforms and that majority of users. (For the rest, there is still the option of their mobile site.)

-
    Good sense.
    01-10-15 02:31 PM
241 1234 ...