06-17-14 09:04 PM
37 12
tools
    Just came across this report. It shows that iPhone 5s and S4 are the most popular in Canada however BB is very popular in Toronto. In Toronto BB accounted for 23% of sales in the last 6 months. No indication if this is BB7 or BB10 devices.

Link to full article: iPhone 5s and Galaxy S4 were the top-selling phones in Canada over the past 6-months, BlackBerry popular in Toronto | MobileSyrup.com
    06-10-14 09:02 AM
    Just came across this report. It shows that iPhone 5s and S4 are the most popular in Canada however BB is very popular in Toronto. In Toronto BB accounted for 23% of sales in the last 6 months. No indication if this is BB7 or BB10 devices.

Link to full article: iPhone 5s and Galaxy S4 were the top-selling phones in Canada over the past 6-months, BlackBerry popular in Toronto | MobileSyrup.com
    Lots of blackberrys in Toronto. But lots is relative. I'd say 1 in 8 or 1 in 10. People are still buying "the Samsung Galaxy" or "iPhone", especially the uneducated who follow the masses.
    merli001 likes this.
    06-10-14 09:08 AM
    Lots of blackberrys in Toronto. But lots is relative. I'd say 1 in 8 or 1 in 10. People are still buying "the Samsung Galaxy" or "iPhone", especially the uneducated who follow the masses.
    why do you say they are uneducated or followers? Could it be that those phones are pretty good and work for them?
    06-10-14 09:15 AM
    why do you say they are uneducated or followers? Could it be that those phones are pretty good and work for them?
    He say's that because if the people were informed about the numerous advantages that Blackberry phones have over all others then they would purchase a Blackberry. Now they may be uneducated because they do not know about Blackberry's superiority (fault Rim, Carriers), or they may be fashion trendies (fault the individual), or they may be educated fanboys (fault the individual hard headedness). Either way, Blackberry is clearly the superior product, ergo if most people were informed of such, then they would prolly purchase accordingly.
    mania626 likes this.
    06-10-14 09:33 AM
    He say's that because if the people were informed about the numerous advantages that Blackberry phones have over all others then they would purchase a Blackberry. Now they may be uneducated because they do not know about Blackberry's superiority (fault Rim, Carriers), or they may be fashion trendies (fault the individual), or they may be educated fanboys (fault the individual hard headedness). Either way, Blackberry is clearly the superior product, ergo if most people were informed of such, then they would prolly purchase accordingly.
    lol that is all your OPINION though and people may have different OPINIONS on what is better
    TGR1, kbz1960, Rolf Hed and 4 others like this.
    06-10-14 09:58 AM
    Not surprising.. i work in the financial core here in TO, and more than half of all my patients use BlackBerry. Most are overwhelmingly Q10s supplied by their respective law firms and financial firms.

Posted via CB10
    BoldPreza likes this.
    06-10-14 10:08 AM
    Are you serious? Because a BlackBerry is superior in your opinion everyone who buys another product is uneducated?

What a joke.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    Katika99 likes this.
    06-10-14 10:57 AM
    They just bought whatever was advertised, had decent reviews from lots of users, and... most importantly, was actually available at the store. I'd say that's how most normal buyers of most goods go about making their acquisitions. If wasn't a long-time CB addict, I'd probably be no different.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-14 11:03 AM
    Not surprising.. i work in the financial core here in TO, and more than half of all my patients use BlackBerry. Most are overwhelmingly Q10s supplied by their respective law firms and financial firms.

Posted via CB10
    What a liar! Everyone stopped using BlackBerry years ago.

Lol.... I love when people tell me that, then I take the bus and see a dozen bb10 devices out of less than a hundred ppl

Posted via CB10
    06-10-14 11:05 AM
    Liar? OK...

Posted via CB10
    06-10-14 12:39 PM
    Liar? OK...

Posted via CB10
    He was joking. Read his next sentence.
    06-10-14 01:06 PM
    What a liar! Everyone stopped using BlackBerry years ago.

Lol.... I love when people tell me that, then I take the bus and see a dozen bb10 devices out of less than a hundred ppl

Posted via CB10
    A dozen BB10 devices on every bus. Sure.

06-10-14 01:15 PM
    I don't think I see that many BB10 devices in Toronto, but considering they own very little market share then yeah this place is a smorgasbord of BlackBerry devices. Haha.
    06-10-14 01:27 PM
    I don't think I see that many BB10 devices in Toronto, but considering they own very little market share then yeah this place is a smorgasbord of BlackBerry devices. Haha.
    I haven't seen a dozen BB10 devices in public in total since the launch, much less on one bus all at once.

Savior4Life likes this.
    06-10-14 01:30 PM
    It is still a small percentage but BlackBerry sold 6% of the total number of phones sold in North America coming in at number three. This is still better than all the reports we have been hearing here.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-14 01:38 PM
    LOL.
    You are like the apple and android fanboy. If BlackBerry release a Nokia 3310 with the same form and specs, you will say that's the best phone ever.

Posted via my french Q10
    JeepBB likes this.
    06-10-14 01:39 PM
    lol that is all your OPINION though and people may have different OPINIONS on what is better
    In MY opinion my Z10 & Z30 is certainly superior to my 5s, S4, One M8, Nexus 5 and my Lumia 1020 - LOL
    06-10-14 02:18 PM
    LOL.
    You are like the apple and android fanboy. If BlackBerry release a Nokia 3310 with the same form and specs, you will say that's the best phone ever.

Posted via my french Q10
    The 3310 was a great phone... for 2000.

I know you were joking, but BB could do worse... it might even sell better than BB10 handsets.
    06-10-14 02:35 PM
    I do see more BB10 devices now, but it's usually a Q10. Heck, the first Z30 I've seen in the wild that wasn't mine or a display model was a week or two ago.

What I see on the TTC are Samsungs and iPhones with the occasional BlackBerry, although I do usually get on the subway in Koreatown North, so that might skew things a little.
    06-10-14 02:59 PM
    In MY opinion my Z10 & Z30 is certainly superior to my 5s, S4, One M8, Nexus 5 and my Lumia 1020 - LOL
    Afraid that your opinion doesn't matter... in fact Howarmat opinion doesn't matter.... and nether does my opinion.

What matters is can you find enough customers to buy your products and make a profit. So far that hasn't happened for BlackBerry yet. Either BlackBerry changes something in the product, or they reduce cost more, or a combination of both. And based on the only indicator that matters, SALES - most people are of the opinion that devices other than the Z10 & Z30 are the ones to buy. Maybe they are sheep or robots for buying other products... doesn't change the fact that without them BlackBerry can't stay in the hardware business.
    JeepBB likes this.
    06-11-14 03:43 PM
    Afraid that your opinion doesn't matter... in fact Howarmat opinion doesn't matter.... and nether does my opinion.

What matters is can you find enough customers to buy your products and make a profit. So far that hasn't happened for BlackBerry yet. Either BlackBerry changes something in the product, or they reduce cost more, or a combination of both. And based on the only indicator that matters, SALES - most people are of the opinion that devices other than the Z10 & Z30 are the ones to buy. Maybe they are sheep or robots for buying other products... doesn't change the fact that without them BlackBerry can't stay in the hardware business.
    Very true.

06-12-14 01:56 AM
    No need to say non-BB10 users are uneducated. You can just say you're mentally superior and god of all races
    JeepBB and TGR1 like this.
    06-12-14 02:11 AM
    It's good BlackBerry has presence in Toronto. Maybe BlackBerry's approach in Toronto is different from their efforts in Vancouver and other major cities in Canada. More sponsored professional teams or dome name perhaps?
    06-12-14 02:16 AM
    No need to say non-BB10 users are uneducated. You can just say you're mentally superior and god of all races
    Haha. Good one.

06-13-14 11:14 AM
    Any indication of market share stabilising and showing a slight uptick is good news. They are where they are, that it's still a small minority isn't very relevant at the moment.
    06-13-14 11:36 AM
37 12