12-12-14 03:13 PM
26 12
tools
    I Bought A BlackBerry Passport And I Love It - Business Insider

"I bought a BlackBerry Passport a week ago, and I'm really loving it so far."
    12-03-14 04:01 PM
    Ouch!

"That's really the point here: BlackBerry's brand is now so incredibly damaged among a generation of people who even it came out with a great phone, you wouldn't know: You wouldn't buy it, and neither would any of your friends."

Double ouch....

BlackBerry hates America!
    Chris S Mellor likes this.
    12-03-14 04:22 PM
    Good review that is more likely than most reviews to be read by the Passport's target audience
    12-03-14 05:10 PM
    The comments are hilarious in that article.
    I rather enjoy the comments more than the write up. Provides comedy and the reinforcement that smartphone usage is devoid of any humanity.

Posted via CB10
    clickitykeys likes this.
    12-03-14 05:16 PM
    Ouch!

"That's really the point here: BlackBerry's brand is now so incredibly damaged among a generation of people who even it came out with a great phone, you wouldn't know: You wouldn't buy it, and neither would any of your friends."

Double ouch....

I was going to quote this as well. While it is "ouch" as you put it, it's a very true statement. All of us BlackBerry users/fans have a hard time accepting this fact but it's so true; nobody knows or cares what BlackBerry is releasing so even if it was an iphone killer or the next big thing, it will take a long time to catch on while the brand perception catches up to the products.

BB for Life
    12-03-14 06:01 PM
    I was going to quote this as well. While it is "ouch" as you put it, it's a very true statement. All of us BlackBerry users/fans have a hard time accepting this fact but it's so true; nobody knows or cares what BlackBerry is releasing so even if it was an iphone killer or the next big thing, it will take a long time to catch on while the brand perception catches up to the products.

BB for Life
    I've been saying this for months... Everytime people are trying to discuss about why BB is doing poorly and they start naming technical things, features, apps, advertising, blah blah blah blah, I always say it's simply the stigma of the BlackBerry name. They could release the best phone in the world or the worst phone in the world and nobody would know the difference...
    mjdimer and shaleem like this.
    12-04-14 12:15 AM
    I tune in to these articles and reviews for the comments.

Posted via CB10
    iToya likes this.
    12-04-14 01:09 AM
    I read the article yesterday and had my popcorn ready for the comments. I dare not feed into the mess by replying to the fools who purposely troll blackberry articles, but it makes for a great source of entertainment in the middle of the night.

Overall, it's a solid and true article. I've been sporting my Passport at work and all I hear is "square screen?!" and "BlackBerry still makes phones?"

It's true, BlackBerry still leaves a nasty taste in people's mouth because they won't even give it a chance and are in a ball and chain situation with their catalog of apps.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 02:44 AM
    Yes, loving mine, too...

? ? ? Zzzzwipetyped from The Maskport - Zzzzmoqin'.... ? ? ?
    12-04-14 06:31 AM
    At least PP getting traction now from Amazon reviews. Funny though BB10 OS been out for a while and they just starting to appreciate what they been missing for almost two years.
    12-04-14 07:41 AM
    At least PP getting traction now from Amazon reviews. Funny though BB10 OS been out for a while and they just starting to appreciate what they been missing for almost two years.
    According to the negative reviews on amazon and a few other sites, BlackBerry is posting those positive reviews themselves.

L to O to the L. Conspiracy nuts.

Posted via CB10
    MorgothPT likes this.
    12-04-14 11:03 AM
    According to the negative reviews on amazon and a few other sites, BlackBerry is posting those positive reviews themselves.

Posted via CB10
    Well Samsung performed a few shenanigans, ...
    But BBRY? They simply don't have the resources, I'd say... :-)

I mean, they're dying or nearly bankrupt , right? ;-)

12-04-14 03:41 PM

Posted via CB10
    The bankrupt company is posting fake review of the crappy phone the bankrupt company made themselves even though they went out of business years ago. Whaaaaa?

Posted via CB10
    neoberry99 likes this.
    12-04-14 04:13 PM
    The bankrupt company is posting fake review of the crappy phone the bankrupt company made themselves even though they went out of business years ago. Whaaaaa?

Posted via CB10
    Sorry, yeah, thanks.
    They went out of business years ago... ;-)

12-04-14 04:17 PM

Posted via CB10
    And they are also buying other companies, even though they've been out of business themselves...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    neoberry99 likes this.
    12-04-14 04:21 PM
    Ouch!
    Double ouch....
    "Double ouch" is in fact that there has been a strange effect with brand image.
    Lately, I heard these words in John Sims' mouth (approx. quote) : "the massive consumers adoption blurred our image in enterprises".
    At first I thought "WTF ?" and then I couldn't do anything but agree and re-enforced my belief that targeting Enterprises is the proper way to follow.
    For us CrackBerrians, this won't change the face of the world as we know anything BlackBerry. But for enterprises, this will reinstall the "tools not toys" and "serious everything" image.

re: "BlackBerry hates America" ... isn't that the other way round ?
    12-05-14 05:22 AM

Posted via CB10
    "Verified customers" ... nope, this isn't BlackBerry (not sure if your post was ironic or not, so, just FTR )
    12-05-14 05:26 AM
    "Verified customers" ... nope, this isn't BlackBerry (not sure if your post was ironic or not, so, just FTR )
    Original quote:

Posted via CB10
    Post should have rather been:
    "... according to the negative reviewers..."
    or
    "...according to those who gave a negative review on Amazon.com... "

Byex is calling them "conspiracy nuts", because it is most likely untrue that BBRY is posting fake reviews...

At least that's what I understood, so no real sarcasm here... :-)

(there's enough folks out there that love the device, and the company has better avenues to spend their resources than posting on a mainly consumer-oriented online shopping website)

12-07-14 02:27 AM
    Ouch!

Double ouch....

Says who? I returned my iphone6 and bought a passport and now I actually had a friend trade in her iphone for the passport. I would say Double ouch on apple.

America hates BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    12-07-14 10:51 AM
    I can't even call my phone provider for anything without them trying to sell me a iPhone 6 bla bla bla I'm like I don't care, you can get it for free bla bla bla. when I need a new ipod I may think to replace my current ipod touch( iphone) its good for something at least. Even the Web sight is even worst, 1 st thing you see, you dont even have to go in the phone section. Along with the flashing Samsung s5

Send from the amazing powers of the ? Z30
    12-10-14 11:10 PM
    I can't even call my phone provider for anything without them trying to sell me a iPhone 6 bla bla bla I'm like I don't care, you can get it for free bla bla bla. when I need a new ipod I may think to replace my current ipod touch( iphone) its good for something at least. Even the Web sight is even worst, 1 st thing you see, you dont even have to go in the phone section. Along with the flashing Samsung s5

Send from the amazing powers of the ? Z30
    Not even, if you look at the ratings for mp3 players based on sound quality, ipods are not even good...
    12-10-14 11:14 PM
    I'm always fascinated by comments on tech articles. I don't understand the hate one feels towards other competing technology. I can sympathize with a sentiment like, "huh, thanks for your opinion, but it's not for me", but I can't fathom the whole impulse to hate based on mobile phone preferences.

Mindboggling.

Daily Old Radio Shows! The only Channel that actually offers you a source for entertainment. C0012487D
    12-10-14 11:50 PM

BB for Life
    Or... BlackBerry could simply advertise... gee what a concept... and their awesome new device might catch on.... otherwise... NOT

Posted via CB10
    12-11-14 12:49 AM
    Spend 10X on advertising for a similar result ? Why?

Posted via CB10
    12-11-14 02:37 PM
    I've been saying this for months... Everytime people are trying to discuss about why BB is doing poorly and they start naming technical things, features, apps, advertising, blah blah blah blah, I always say it's simply the stigma of the BlackBerry name. They could release the best phone in the world or the worst phone in the world and nobody would know the difference...
    The Passport got a lot of good press and word of mouth, considering the death spiral BlackBerry was in less than a year before. But they put good hardware into the Passport. It's the first BB10 phone with good hardware, really (besides the Paratek antenna in the Z30).

Posted via CB10
    12-12-14 10:07 AM
26 12