02-26-14 12:07 PM
30 12
tools
    OK well I tried the web interface again, using Chrome. At first I was having some issues [the interface would only load intermittently having crashed at least once.] So I deleted all BlackBerry related cookies -- though really I might have got away with just deleting the BlackBerry ID ones. Closed down and restarted entire PC, reopened Chrome, re-logged back on to BBID and re-started the somewhat long-winded navigation to the channels interface. This time it loaded more quickly and I was able to post a test comment. I checked in my handset and the post was indeed successfully sent publicly.
    Last edited by kennyiceberry; 02-18-14 at 09:20 AM. Reason: spelling!
    02-18-14 09:14 AM
    OK well I tried the web interface again, using Chrome. At first I was having some issues [the interface would only load intermittently having crashed at least once.] So I deleted all BlackBerry related cookies -- though really I might have got away with just deleting the BlackBerry ID ones. Closed down and restarted entire PC, reopened Chrome, re-logged back on to BBID and re-started the somewhat long-winded navigation to the channels interface. This time it loaded more quickly and I was able to post a test comment. I checked in my handset and the post was indeed successfully sent publicly.

Interesting. I couldn't even find the channel I had created.

WHOOPS - it's there now. I guess it required some time to propagate?

Interesting.

So this web interface - which I do recall hearing about in the past - was never rolled-out publicly, eh? Why on earth would they hold that back? Seems like an extremely useful feature.
    02-18-14 09:28 AM
    Chalk it up to that good old-fashioned BlackBerry lack of co-ordination, AKA right-hand-doesn't-know-what-the-left-hand is doing! Having said that, with [hopefully] a new product manager soon, and at least the last guy out already, perhaps Channels will soon begin to show the Chen effect which many other parts of BlackBerry's business have started to show.
    02-18-14 09:53 AM
    One other thing, is the Channels Manager actually a beta, for registered testers only? I do vaguely remember some sort of indication that that was the case from reading Bla1ze's original post about the Channels Manager [I should find it and link it but pardon me, I need to do some actual work now!]
    I was/am a BBMC Beta tester, so I would have access. If you were a beta tester too...?
    Being part of the beta program might be a partial (?) explanation of why no public roll-out so far.
    02-18-14 09:57 AM
    02-26-14 12:07 PM
30 12