Oh right... this is why I stopped regularly reading Engadsh*t...

British politician cured his smartphone addiction by buying a BlackBerry

The UK is gearing up for an election, and one of the two most likely candidates for the top job has thrown some unintentional shade towards BlackBerry. In an interview with Absolute Radio, Ed Miliband has revealed that he ditched his iPhone for a BlackBerry because its harder to be addicted to a device with "limited functionality." Ouch. Miliband has previously taught at Harvard University and his time there made him a big Boston Red Sox fan. As a consequence, the one app that he can't live without is MLB At Bat, although since MLB stopped supporting BlackBerry devices for the 2015 season, Miliband might have to learn how to sideload pretty quick.

Geoff Lloyd: "I think I read about you that you had to give up your iPhone because you were so obsessive about checking Twitter and political commentary."

Ed Miliband: "The good thing about a BlackBerry -- I'm going to insult the BlackBerry makers now -- is that it's harder to do those things and so it's more limited functionality."

FWIW, BB should have someone very senior sitting with Milliband pronto to show him that its an issue of being more focused on productivity than games and distraction... get that man on message (and leverage his innate politician guilt by having him throw BB some choice remarks in upcoming interviews).
    04-02-15 02:43 PM
    Oh right... this is why I stopped regularly reading Engadsh*t...

The UK is gearing up for an election, and one of the two most likely candidates for the top job has thrown some unintentional shade towards BlackBerry. In an interview with Absolute Radio, Ed Miliband has revealed that he ditched his iPhone for a BlackBerry because its harder to be addicted to a device with "limited functionality." Ouch. Miliband has previously taught at Harvard University and his time there made him a big Boston Red Sox fan. As a consequence, the one app that he can't live without is MLB At Bat, although since MLB stopped supporting BlackBerry devices for the 2015 season, Miliband might have to learn how to sideload pretty quick.

Geoff Lloyd: "I think I read about you that you had to give up your iPhone because you were so obsessive about checking Twitter and political commentary."

Ed Miliband: "The good thing about a BlackBerry -- I'm going to insult the BlackBerry makers now -- is that it's harder to do those things and so it's more limited functionality."

FWIW, BB should have someone very senior sitting with Milliband pronto to show him that its an issue of being more focused on productivity than games and distraction... get that man on message (and leverage his innate politician guilt by having him throw BB some choice remarks in upcoming interviews).
    Already posted..

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe.../#post11527243
    primusd likes this.
    04-02-15 02:49 PM
    My bad... apologies. It didn't show up as I was about to post (I do generally try to look to ensure no duplication).
    04-02-15 02:52 PM
    @Ed_Miliband

Posted via CB10
    04-02-15 05:42 PM
    Hope he got either a passport or classic and not a Bold!

Posted via CB10
    04-02-15 08:51 PM
    Who is Ed Milbrand and where is Great Britain? I assume that either was of some relevance maybe 30-40 years ago before most of us were born.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-15 09:15 PM
    I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing, maybe it's just the way he delivered the message.
    I much prefer my BB over my old iPhone, I spend little to no time playing games anymore and am focused on the things that matter most to me.
    04-02-15 10:23 PM
    Who is Ed Milbrand and where is Great Britain? I assume that either was of some relevance maybe 30-40 years ago before most of us were born.

Posted via CB10
    Definitely more relevant than you.

Posted from a D618
    04-03-15 03:00 AM

Posted via CB10
    The arrogance of youth: had we been able to see the future and how our children grew up I'm sure that more of us would have had vasectomies

SQW 1. 10.3.1.2957
    donemt and mikeo007 like this.
    04-03-15 03:05 AM
    Milliband is a joke. I can't imagine anyone with a brain voting for him.

Posted via CB10 from BlackBerry Passport
    04-03-15 03:08 AM
    The arrogance of youth: had we been able to see the future and how our children grew up I'm sure that more of us would have had vasectomies

SQW 1. 10.3.1.2957
    The poopy-headiness of the elderly. How bad humor has been lost upon though.

But that story says a lot about what some ppl use their phones for. I am sadly not part of that "FaceBook/twitter" crowd.

[Hopefully NOT edited by admin to be fair lol. ] Frosty White Q10/10.3.1.2708 CB10
    04-03-15 04:27 PM
    He just clarify on CNET that is not what he meant. He meant he is tired to check Facebook all the time to make sure no one call him Mr. Bee. He dumped iPhone because he found a solution to go with BlackBerry. Its HUB saved his busy life.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 10:31 PM
    Milliband is a joke. I can't imagine anyone with a brain voting for him.

Posted via CB10 from BlackBerry Passport
    I have a brain and I'm voting for him. Hopefully he'll be the next Prime Minister. Even though he knows nothing about Blackberry!

Posted via CB10
    04-04-15 05:44 AM
    Definitely more relevant than you.

Posted from a D618
    Eddy knows as much about technology as he does winning elections or television debates. The SNP is destroying this weak knee conservative apologist. He still thinks the Bill Clinton/Tony Blair "I feel your pain" script works. Another 5 years in the political wilderness for the labor party. Just to give him his iPhone back where he will do less harm.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-15 08:59 AM

SQW 1. 10.3.1.2957
    Perhaps it's the experience of age you need to think about. Anyone who grew up, lived through, and has dealt with, the sweeping changes to the world order after WWII understands. GB is a shell of its former self.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-15 09:08 AM
    Age wars PLUS politics?

Good night, folks.
    04-04-15 09:18 AM