Announcing the Amazon deal so far in advance, the same day Amazon announces their new phone....

Think about how many people are using google to search for "Amazon phone" and "Blackberry" is all over the search results.
    THIS is mastery of trending and social media. (which was completely absent in the prior regime)
    Mack Gans likes this.
    06-18-14 04:31 PM
    I dunno about that, a quick Google search shows no sign of BlackBerry.

If you're searching for Amazon phone you get a ton of well, Amazon phone stuff.
    If you search BlackBerry, you get a mix of the deal announcement and Amazon Phone stuff.

Depending on how you look at it, people could be convinced to check out the Amazon phone over a BlackBerry.
    06-18-14 04:33 PM
    Good announcement 1 day before earnings report, however.

Particularly if said earnings report mentioned the rumoured job cuts...

It'll put a less negative spin on it.

(I'm just speculating)

Posted via CB10
    06-18-14 04:40 PM
    I typed "Amazon" into Google News...4th block down is all BlackBerry licensing deal.

https://www.google.com/search?source...amazon&tbm=nws

Anyhow, they got the benefit of people searching for Amazon Phone before the launch who probably saw the BB news. Chen spoke with Maria Bartiromo earlier as well, which was awesome. FBN is a very popular outlet.
    06-18-14 04:41 PM
    Good announcement 1 day before earnings report, however.

Particularly if said earnings report mentioned the rumoured job cuts...

It'll put a less negative spin on it.

(I'm just speculating)

Posted via CB10
    Ya, in that regard it was good.
    06-18-14 04:41 PM

Anyhow, they got the benefit of people searching for Amazon Phone before the launch who probably saw the BB news. Chen spoke with Maria Bartiromo earlier as well, which was awesome. FBN is a very popular outlet.
    Video is here, in case anyone goes off looking - BlackBerry CEO John Chen speaks with Fox Business about Amazon deal | CrackBerry.com
    06-18-14 04:43 PM
    Maybe I jumped the gun with "phone"....
    There's no doubt that the BlackBerry Story has been at the top of news searches... and judging from the last 12 months of reporting... it normally wouldn't made it.

Posted via CB10
    Krack likes this.
    06-18-14 05:06 PM
    You guys know that google searches are different for everyone right?

It depends on the tracking cookies in your browser.

Signature - Google wants your info. What are you gonna do about it?
    app_Developer likes this.
    06-18-14 10:53 PM
    It's a strategic move.Will work best for BlackBerry in coming months

Posted from my Black Beast Q10
    06-19-14 12:38 AM
    You guys know that google searches are different for everyone right?

It depends on the tracking cookies in your browser.

Signature - Google wants your info. What are you gonna do about it?
    Did it with a wiped browser. Just did it again, it's at the top of pg. 2.
    06-19-14 12:40 AM
    I really can't understand why everybody is so excited about this announcement, instead of making accessible more and more android apps blackberry should try to focus on building and developing new phones....

Honestly who is going to buy a blackberry devices because he can download android apps on it?

If I want to run a android apps I'll buy an HTC one.

The point is that Blackberry phones are kind of outdated in terms of design.... New phone, new image... Customers will come

Envoye depuis mon BlackBerry Z30 en utilisant Tapatalk
    Admorris likes this.
    06-19-14 01:23 AM
    I really can't understand why everybody is so excited about this announcement, instead of making accessible more and more android apps blackberry should try to focus on building and developing new phones....

Honestly who is going to buy a blackberry devices because he can download android apps on it?

The point is that Blackberry phones are kind of outdated in terms of design.... New phone, new image... Customers will come

The irony of your comment is that by NOT having to develop all these apps, they can allocate more resources to product development, like devices for example. This is meant to negate the argument of app divide. I hardly use the apps on my phone, so it doesn't bother me either way. I never understood why everyone needed a million apps, but to each his own, I guess.
    06-19-14 10:15 AM

People who like the look/feel/function of BB10 and the security of BB, but need a few apps in their daily lives, that's who will benefit from the Amazon app store. And like donmateo said, with the app situation pretty well taken care of at this point, that frees up more resources to work on the next crop of BB10 devices.
    06-19-14 10:19 AM
    I don't want to choose between having a great looking device or having every available android app on the planet.

Android or android ported apps will always be less efficient than native apps on our BBY devices.

Envoye depuis CB10 depuis mon Z30 ou Q5
    06-20-14 02:27 AM
    I don't want to choose between having a great looking device or having every available android app on the planet.

Android or android ported apps will always be less efficient than native apps on our BBY devices.

Envoye depuis CB10 depuis mon Z30 ou Q5
    So if you know a better solution... write up a report to BlackBerry with your magical native app solutions where the devs shall ride unicorns to waterloo....

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3175
    Banco likes this.
    06-20-14 03:23 AM
    So if you know a better solution... write up a report to BlackBerry with your magical native app solutions where the devs shall ride unicorns to waterloo....

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3175
    It wasn't ironic at all, other users don't have to decide whether they want a crappy looking phone or buggy apps

06-21-14 03:34 AM

Uhhhh some people like the BB10 OS and hub integration with Peek and Flow. Security matters too. I'm only using one android app - Candy Crush. Now scarce development resources can be allocated for native enterprise apps. Sounds like a good plan to get BlackBerry focused and efficient.

Oh look the Z10 won the Red Dot Product Design award in 2013. http://press.blackberry.com/press/20...n-the-red.html

Oh it also won the 2014 iF Product Design award. http://crackberry.com/blackberry-z10...t-design-award

Timeless sexiness. Oh yeah...

Posted via CB10
    06-24-14 08:09 AM
    Don't get me wrong, I agree that people who are looking out for security or a great business related phone are potential BlackBerry buyers, I was thinking about actual Android, Iphone or W8 phone users.

What would make them switch or switch back to Blackberry?

Certainly not the fact that they can download apps from amazon store.

That's why Blackberry needs to get more innovative designed phones ( I have absolutely no problem with the design of the BlackBerry Z10 in my point of view it's the best looking BBY 10 device so far) something different that would convince new customers,...

Posted via CB10
    06-25-14 02:22 AM
    Don't get me wrong, I agree that people who are looking out for security or a great business related phone are potential BlackBerry buyers, I was thinking about actual Android, Iphone or W8 phone users.

What would make them switch or switch back to Blackberry?

Certainly not the fact that they can download apps from amazon store.

That's why Blackberry needs to get more innovative designed phones ( I have absolutely no problem with the design of the BlackBerry Z10 in my point of view it's the best looking BBY 10 device so far) something different that would convince new customers,...

Posted via CB10

Smartphones are basically at the end of their development cycle.
    Today we know how a smartphone has to look like, and what purpose it has to fulfill.
    We are actually starting to have a saturated market right now, at least in "developed" countries where the smartphone penetration starts to break past the 70%.

There probably is no new and revolutionary design for smartphones anymore. Even Phablets, are only huuuge smartphones, and Tablets are huge Phablets.
    Making them huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge smartphones, in reality. With the exception of W8 Tablets, who are actually tiny notebooks. But those are the exception.

So yeah.... Forget it, there is no revolutionary smartphone design coming out anymore.
    I'd take a modern approach of a slider though. Which still would only be an interpretation of the well known smartphone.
    Anyhow, there is nothing revolutionary to see in terms of design nowadays.
    In the end, the Passport is just a huuuuge Q10 as well.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-14 07:23 AM
    LOL I agree Passport is an award device but I think I'll get it unless a new slider or full touch screen device is announced

Posted via CB10
    06-26-14 06:52 AM