11-26-13 11:25 PM
160 ... 34567
tools
    If this is indeed true, then I will happily eat my words. Anybody who knows me here knows that I'm no BB fanboy. I think the company has turned into a joke. But if they're actually updating the PB and BB10 with bridge ability then good for them. Let's hope it's not the standard buggy affair that RIM/BBRY is known for
    09-20-13 06:16 PM
    Wiii finally back !!!!

Thanks just updated
    09-20-13 06:18 PM
    Complete joke. Lots of glitches with this "update". Wonder if bug fixes will even happen
    09-20-13 07:04 PM
    Complete joke. Lots of glitches with this "update". Wonder if bug fixes will even happen
    What are these glitches? I'm not seeing any.

Great to have BBM back. Now I just want SMS and notifications of incoming phone calls. I can imagine why certain people want the Bridge email back, since they may not be able to access or add a work email onto their PB but I can't understand why they'd want that godawful clunky Bridge calendar back... As for memopad/tasks, I would just recommend using Evernote for all future entries. The native one is low on features but you can sideload an Android port on the PB which works great.
    09-20-13 08:18 PM
    If this is indeed true, then I will happily eat my words. Anybody who knows me here knows that I'm no BB fanboy. I think the company has turned into a joke. But if they're actually updating the PB and BB10 with bridge ability then good for them. Let's hope it's not the standard buggy affair that RIM/BBRY is known for
    Bought 150 shares [of RIMM] @ 34.89 today. Feeling good

WOW... Should have invested in Pepto Bismol
    09-20-13 08:33 PM
    Took them all of 9 months, what a set of losers.
    Remember it was Heins who put the BlackBerry PlayBook on the back burner and later on the DOA list on the grounds tablets are a fad.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    09-20-13 08:50 PM
    Oh tim shut up already... We know you hate BB, why do you feel the need to keep spreading your hate on the site?
    You don't know me that well as most know I like BlackBerry but hate the stupidity.

So sorry. Not shutting up.

Can't take the heat? Take a hike.

Posted via CB10 on my Verizon Z10. 10.2.0.1725
    qwerty4ever likes this.
    09-20-13 09:06 PM
    What are these glitches? I'm not seeing any.

Great to have BBM back. Now I just want SMS and notifications of incoming phone calls. I can imagine why certain people want the Bridge email back, since they may not be able to access or add a work email onto their PB but I can't understand why they'd want that godawful clunky Bridge calendar back... As for memopad/tasks, I would just recommend using Evernote for all future entries. The native one is low on features but you can sideload an Android port on the PB which works great.
    Slow to open.

Shows "R" within the active chats overview but still shows "D" within the actual convo.
    09-20-13 09:23 PM
    Finally they listened. Why is this not in the CB news?
    Why ? Dont you see the date?...too late man!
    09-21-13 05:52 AM
    I would suppose that the biggest reason that some will still "prefer" SMS is that in many cases SMS is unlimited within most plans. Whereas, BBM will use data and some may have data restrictions. I guess it just depends. My daughter, while excited to have BBM available for her iPhone says she may just stick to SMS for exactly this reason. Data in Canada is still stupidly expensive.
    Especially when roaming, but honestly i can't stand the playbook keyboard! I was using it for a couple of sentences and had to go back to the z10!

Z10, 10.2.0.1725
    09-21-13 06:38 AM
    BB is a work device for me.

With no working Bridge email on PB, inability to read business docs and pdfs, no phone notification function, business contacts etc etc this makes an upgrade to OS10 phone devices a no go. On top of which the OS10 browser has graphics incompatibilities with our business browser apps that work fine on OS7.1, and that cripples those business functions.

PB works perfect with the 9810 & BB bridge and because these are purely business devices the upgrade to OS10 phones is a non-starter. A few have tried in our environment and have lost critical functionality.

If you want all the other goodies so many seem to crave, why on earth did you ever invest in BB in the first place?

I believe that BB is doing everything it can to find a buyer of the technologies and patents. If they had a plan to make these saleable and to make the company attractive to buy, this would be it. Get rid of all the overhead and get out of the smart phone business, sell off the BES server with its MS exchange capability and security, and find a nice warm place to live with the proceeds.

When the OS7.1 phone finally craps, it is time for another phone system.

Too bad, it was such a productive ride, but with the broken promises and half-baked solutions BB has lost us.

Maybe that is what Microsoft is waiting for?
    09-21-13 01:00 PM
    Maybe that is what Microsoft is waiting for?
    The sad part is that Microsoft's software is exact opposite of productivity. Many many examples of this in the enterprise.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    09-21-13 02:28 PM
    This is a brilliant update. And loving the bbm layout. Tell me why this can't be made native on the PlayBook?

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 03:02 PM
    Just got an update notification for BlackBerry Bridge.
    "This new version will allow you to BBM text chat on the PlayBook when Bridged with a BlackBerry 10 smartphone"
    Version: 3.2.0.8
    Why not just BBM on the smart phone?
    09-21-13 03:13 PM
    Why not just BBM on the smart phone?
    If I'm playing on my PB on the train and I get a BBM, I can respond from the PB without having to pull my phone out of my pocket and juggle two devices. That's why I want the Bridge SMS back. It was quite handy.

Although I also agree about the PB keyboard being harder to use after the Z10's awesomeness.
    09-21-13 03:46 PM
    BOOO!!! Only for BBM. Still no email, text, notepad. Those are more important to me than BBM... oh well... guess I'll keep waiting. At least this is a move in the right direction.
    09-21-13 10:47 PM
    Has a non AT&T .bar for bridge been posted? Us AT&T users would love to get a copy of that.
    09-22-13 04:16 PM
    You don't know me that well as most know I like BlackBerry but hate the stupidity.

So sorry. Not shutting up.

Can't take the heat? Take a hike.

Posted via CB10 on my Verizon Z10. 10.2.0.1725
    Every misque of BlackBerry that happens, you whine and b1tch and don't shut up. That's what I know.... And you and I know we have been here long enough, I know and see everything and I don't ever see you praise BlackBerry....
    09-22-13 05:06 PM
    Has a non AT&T .bar for bridge been posted? Us AT&T users would love to get a copy of that.
    What's wrong with the AT&T one???

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    09-22-13 05:37 PM
    What's wrong with the AT&T one???

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    Can't tether your playbook unless you pay extra for a tethering plan.
    09-22-13 05:41 PM
    Can't tether your playbook unless you pay extra for a tethering plan.
    Suckers.

So with non AT&T SIM, istalling it from BBW and then re-inserting back AT&T SIM will work?
    Posted via CB10 on Q10
    09-22-13 06:09 PM
    Suckers.

So with non AT&T SIM, istalling it from BBW and then re-inserting back AT&T SIM will work?
    Posted via CB10 on Q10
    No idea, I have no way of getting a SIM that isn't AT&T. I live in a rural area with AT&T and BGC. BGC is a CDMA carrier with no SIM cards.
    09-22-13 06:25 PM
    I will try in on Tuesday when my PB arrives. The news for the bridge was the main reason to get a PB and it doesn't work with AT&T it's going back.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    09-22-13 06:34 PM
    Hello,

I use BB bridge (last version) with OS7 (Bold 9790) with great satisfaction: email, sms, contacts, planning, task, browser

I' m interrested to change my phone to Z10 to get 4G in France

can you say precisly the functions of BB Bridge ok and not ok comparing with version for OS7..it's not clear in thread

Rgds
    09-23-13 04:15 AM
    Hello,

I use BB bridge (last version) with OS7 (Bold 9790) with great satisfaction: email, sms, contacts, planning, task, browser

I' m interrested to change my phone to Z10 to get 4G in France

can you say precisly the functions of BB Bridge ok and not ok comparing with version for OS7..it's not clear in thread

Rgds
    When you pair your tablet with a BB10 device you have BBM only with the bridge. Of course you still have internet tethering and remote control.
    N'hsite pas si tu as d'autres questions
    09-24-13 10:42 AM
160 ... 34567