11-26-13 11:25 PM
160 ... 23456 ...
tools
    I am as confused as they are about the wording of the CB article. There was no indication by BB (on the update) that this would restore full Bridge functionality, it only mentioned BBM and remote control improvements. My original post was made before they even posted their article, I was hoping to avoid this kind of discussion and focus on the positive.
    Some folks were just pointing out that the CB article was kinda wrong to say that bridge was fully restored.
    09-20-13 12:24 PM
    I am considering buying a PlayBook to settle in my car and be used for navigation, music, email, browsing.
    Never used the bridge so a couple questions:
    1.I assume it pairs via BT?
    2. Will I gain full Internet access on the PlayBook without "hotspot" plan from AT&T (browsing, Skype, email) ?
    3. If 2 is yes, Will that be system wide, or only within the "bridge" app on the PlayBook?

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    1- yes
    2- yes but have not tried skype and BB world requires WIFI.
    3- bridge is just a connection for the PB, the is not bridge app on the PB, just a tab to connect to your phone.

hope that helps.
    djsvet likes this.
    09-20-13 12:24 PM
    Everyone is free to their own opinion of course. I was just hoping this topic could focus on the free and unexpected update we got, instead of other functions which may or may not come back.
    There are plenty of other topics discussing which legacy Bridge functions would be worth it on BB10.
    Mr......there is no need for you to ever comment on anything I write, your OPINIONS concerning my posts are not needed or wanted.....PERIOD
    09-20-13 12:32 PM
    1- yes
    2- yes but have not tried skype and BB world requires WIFI.
    3- bridge is just a connection for the PB, the is not bridge app on the PB, just a tab to connect to your phone.

hope that helps.
    Thanks.
    I wonder if a new tablet is planned from BlackBerry or I should grab a cheap PlayBook now.
    How cheap are they now anyway?

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    09-20-13 12:33 PM
    Bridge updated, BBM is back-img_00000124.jpg

Trusted Member Genius
    09-20-13 12:35 PM
    Thanks.
    I wonder if a new tablet is planned from BlackBerry or I should grab a cheap PlayBook now.
    How cheap are they now anyway?

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    you can probably pick up a 16GB for 100$
    09-20-13 12:41 PM
    thanks bbrry, you made my day!
    09-20-13 12:41 PM
    someone wasn't happy about this ( This morning ) he should be happy now!
    09-20-13 12:55 PM
    Mr......there is no need for you to ever comment on anything I write, your OPINIONS concerning my posts are not needed or wanted.....PERIOD
    You don't quite get what a open forum is, do you?
    TBone4eva and TheScionicMan like this.
    09-20-13 12:56 PM
    It's about acceptance of mediocrity on the greatest device platform ever made...
    BlackBerry has their users so thirsty that when they get a single drop of water they get on their knees and thank higher beings for it.
    Either that, or they are sometimes blinded with mirages, and post on what they "think" is there but in actuality is not.

Yeah, I said it. So what? Just my opinion.

Link=Bridge=Sucks
    I made a similar comment on the Blog by the Reviewer. Folks need to look at BB with a my critical eye. They took away much more than they have restored. It is still a VERY CRIPPLED BRIDGE.
    09-20-13 01:09 PM
    BlackBerry might be 'deader than disco' to many but at least they're not going down w/o a fight.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 01:11 PM
    Just had to sign in to state the obvious!
    09-20-13 01:16 PM
    I'm happy we've got BBM bridged. That's great. Really, it is.

The only thing I'm not happy with is the lack of integration with the memos/Remember. I've got over a decade worth of memos from all my previous BlackBerrys that have been brought into Remember. Users need a way to access this from the PlayBook.

It's good to know that the app itself is what is responsible for mirroring the information to the tablet. I'm looking forward to more updates.
    09-20-13 01:30 PM
    FYI someone pointed out what I hadn't figured out. Since last PB update volume keys on my Z10 advance slides in PowerPoint with Presenter. This was huge for me. Now I can walk around during presentations. This didn't come today but wanted to make sure people knew.

Posted via CB10 with *Z* BEST!
    09-20-13 01:37 PM
    It could be fully restored, but I think it is totally unnecessary. E-mail can be added to the PB, contacts can be added to the PB, calendar can be added to the PB. It's all in the cloud/Outlook or whatever, and sync'd between devices without the need for a "Bridge". Your argument might be more valid for notes/SMS/incoming calls. With Evernote available on PB and integrated into BB10, it hardly seems worth the effort. Same goes for SMS/incoming calls, they would be a nice addition but there are other BB10 areas that could use more attention.
    I would prefer they keep working on "new" ways to improve BB10. Making BBM Bridge is the least they could have done now that it is going Xplatform (meaning other tablets will get access to it), and I consider it a gesture of good will.

Please continue ontopic, this is a good development for BB10/PB owners, not another opportunity for complaining!
    This is completely true of email and calendar... all in the cloud, but I believe some folks use private servers, sync their email and calendar directly to their phones, then use the PlayBook as a bigger portable screen. It's not a lot of users.

SMS would be nice to have back, since you'd be able to answer SMS while the phone is plugged in elsewhere.

Seeing incoming is nice, but being able to see incoming and /answer/ from the tablet, I believe, was a feature people wished for.
    09-20-13 01:55 PM
    I agree, it would be nice to have everything back, but it is not 'broken', as some people suggest. I do not think they are working on completely new bridge functions (like answering calls), getting the old functions back is probably the best bet, however unlikely. At least the PB Beta zone is pretty much dead when it comes to new feature requests.
    For now I hope they will at least keep supporting this BBM Bridge, maybe even adding a few new features (groups/channels?), for me this is more important than adding other functions.
    09-20-13 02:15 PM
    Took them all of 9 months, what a set of losers.
    09-20-13 02:39 PM
    LOL. I still haven't charged mine since the latest OS update. Guess I'll charge it up now.
    09-20-13 03:17 PM
    LOL. I still haven't charged mine since the latest OS update. Guess I'll charge it up now.
    Get to it T........LOL
    09-20-13 03:34 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000124.jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	42.1 KB 
ID:	203799

Trusted Member Genius
    Er, why are you holding a cat in front of your PB?
    09-20-13 03:45 PM
    BBM was added.
    09-20-13 04:01 PM
    No Bridged SMS, email etc.
    Half backed update.

Sorry but no one I know uses BBM. Happy for those that do.

Fail for everyone else.

Posted via CB10 on my Verizon Z10. 10.2.0.1725
    no need for bridged email, your email is synced with the server anyway for the vast majority of BB10 users.
    09-20-13 05:04 PM
    UPdated Bridge.... Open BBM on the playbook all i get is a spinnig wheel.... never loads. Using BBM Channel beta
    09-20-13 05:23 PM
    Get to it T........LOL

Yeah, updating several devices tonight.

"LOL. Remain Calm....and enjoy your Z. (~_*)"
    09-20-13 05:44 PM
    I didnt get a PlayBook update only the Bridge on my Z10. What am I supposed to be up to on my Z10?
    09-20-13 06:05 PM
160 ... 23456 ...