So here I am.. following up to my thread about "Breaking news for this morning".

I had wanted to share what I had read. After all, Its not often you come by this much information in a couple of hours. I guess I was wrong. Some debate the neutrality of my thread this morning, but I can assure you I did not expect over 50 replies (mostly negative) in such a short span of time. While I can see how my notions may have come across as non-neutral, I in no way intended to create a huge debacle over the topic. I do wish that in the future, we, as a community, are able to be neutral in our perspective views and posts, and that we may be able to have an adult like conversation on these forums, however hard that may be. While most of us are adults here, that thread certainly didn't show it, and it says a lot about the community here. There is a fair degree of hostility in these forums from time to time. Sometimes deserved, sometimes not deserved. Most of the time though, its our emotions at play, and we all know that emotions cannot get tangled and meshed together with facts. Opinions should be encouraged, not discouraged.

I apologize for the 'drama' this morning. If you have any words to share with me, please do so.

As for the mods, I apologize for making your job a little harder this morning, albeit maybe a little more interesting, depending on how you roll
    02-09-12 01:07 PM
    Honestly? Neutrality goes both ways and the reason your earlier thread was pooched is because it didn't come from a place of neutrality in the first place.

Saying you want neutrality is good - I agree 100% - but there was an obvious tone and agenda in that thread from the very start. That why the thread went to h e double hockey sticks.

Sent from my brain using Tapatalk
    02-09-12 01:16 PM
    Apology accepted! I moved the thread to the Apple forum, but it appear that another mod deleted it. Lets just call it a wash and move on. Takes a big person to admit he/she was wrong, and I really appreciate you saying so!
    02-09-12 01:19 PM
    PK - you, sir, are a class act.

Sent from my brain using Tapatalk
    02-09-12 01:22 PM
    What is the BB related news your are reporting? I missed it in both threads.
    02-09-12 01:22 PM
    What is the BB related news your are reporting? I missed it in both threads.
    Cut him some slack Dan!
    blemoon42 likes this.
    02-09-12 01:27 PM
    the blackberry community here has been "under attack" via some other fans of other platforms posting trollish things here on crackberry.com

blackberry users are developing a complex as a result of the constant negative media bias as well as other "fanboys" having this weird, constant need to come here and bash the blackberry platform

the result of all this, is negativity in posts - especially when a thread appears as though it is attacking our community

people get mad, it happens

i have never once felt a need to go into any other forum for some other platform and flame their community for liking say, the iphone... maybe it is because i don't care - but also, who has that kind of time? well, apparently a lot of other fans of other platforms have this kind of time to spend here, bashing us and the products we use

i don't get it, and i myself have been "mad" in the forums - i learned from my mistake however, and i now mostly bite my tongue, love bb, live bb, word to BB
    Last edited by buckwylder; 02-09-12 at 01:38 PM.
    02-09-12 01:35 PM
    So here I am.. following up to my thread about "Breaking news for this morning".

I had wanted to share what I had read. After all, Its not often you come by this much information in a couple of hours. I guess I was wrong. Some debate the neutrality of my thread this morning, but I can assure you I did not expect over 50 replies (mostly negative) in such a short span of time. While I can see how my notions may have come across as non-neutral, I in no way intended to create a huge debacle over the topic. I do wish that in the future, we, as a community, are able to be neutral in our perspective views and posts, and that we may be able to have an adult like conversation on these forums, however hard that may be. While most of us are adults here, that thread certainly didn't show it, and it says a lot about the community here. There is a fair degree of hostility in these forums from time to time. Sometimes deserved, sometimes not deserved. Most of the time though, its our emotions at play, and we all know that emotions cannot get tangled and meshed together with facts. Opinions should be encouraged, not discouraged.

I apologize for the 'drama' this morning. If you have any words to share with me, please do so.

As for the mods, I apologize for making your job a little harder this morning, albeit maybe a little more interesting, depending on how you roll
    good post man, i put a post here too, about the "complex" the blackberry community has developed as of late, due to various reasons, have a great day though, regardless

it's just a forum - but, sometimes comments can make people unnecessrily angry
    02-09-12 01:41 PM
    It was kind of...funny...that your 'interesting' thread was started here and then we, the proud BB, end-up in the Apple forum
    02-09-12 02:23 PM
    Interesting too, that the original thread reporting the news story (FBI report on Steve Jobs) which is on every news site in my yahoo feeds, but offended some in that original thread (though it spoke the truth) got deleted from the *Apple* section of CB.
    02-10-12 12:45 AM
    It was moved from here because it wasn't BlackBerry related. It was removed from the Apple forum, because like we feel being BlackBerry users, if Apple consumers on the site wished to discuss the news, they should do it. Enough with the hostility firing from both sides. Time we learned to respect one another, and stop rubbing the other platform user's nose in brown matter.
    02-10-12 09:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD