11-07-13 10:10 AM
155 ... 4567
tools
    This would be Mike's second time around, and he is nobody's fool, Mike has a good head on his shoulders, and a Passion second to none for BB. I want Mike, with Cerberus, and Qualcomm falling into place. I would expect SYNERGY with a GREAT Brain Storming Atmosphere, and Clear Thinking with Qualcomm in the mix . Keep it moving Mike, Keep it moving New Team BlackBerry (Qualcomm, Cerberus, and Mike). Wishful thinking. Hope it happens. I BELIEVE. Why not?! Never give up.
    abwan11 likes this.
    11-02-13 09:42 PM
    Fascinating!
    11-02-13 10:42 PM
    Just keep in mind that Mike L. apparently was anti-BB10 and so him returning may mean an end to exciting consumer devices and a full return to enterprise and "prosumer" aka back to the folks who still use a 9900 right now happily.

No thanks. I see no reason to believe Mike has learned anything.

But then again, he may be right. Has BlackBerry 10, as exciting as it is, helped BlackBerry? That's debatable. I think the key solution might be shifting to enterprise/prosumer for now but do NOT slow down development and app-pushing for BlackBerry 10 because businesses need apps these days. This is the critical piece and it is where I fear Mike is out of touch.

-STV on Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.4780 TMO US
    11-03-13 01:25 AM
    Sounds like something bigggg to look forward to!
    11-03-13 03:41 AM
    I
    Meanwhile Watsa has failed to secure the financing he needs to acquire BlackBerry so this news couldn't have come at a better time.

It's best for BlackBerry to go back to its true owner anyway.

Posted via CB10
    I could not disagree more. Lazaridis is responsible for the failure of BlackBerry.

The company has some good talent but incompetent management. It needs an owner that can replace the entire board and management team.
    drewread likes this.
    11-03-13 06:12 AM
    They need to take a page from T-Mobile and be aggressive like they have been with the other cell providers. BlackBerry neefs to take a no hold bars approach against Apple and Samsung! Stop hesitating and unleash the prosumer end and stop holding on to that 2.5 billion in cash.

Posted via Harry
    11-03-13 08:04 AM
    Its obvious the co founders of blackberry do not want to see this company sold and then scrapped for pieces. I'm glad to hear they wanna take it back and try to turn things around. If this happens, I just hope they do it smart and not rush things.
    Oh.. don't worry.. they aren't known for 'rushing' anything... even the offer is "Coming Soon. TM."

ohhhh... Snap(Dragon!)

#GetWithBB10 Channel @ C000D7228
    11-03-13 08:28 AM
    Not a huge surprise. after all they have been bussines partner for almost a decade. surely they know how much value there is in Blackberry, and probably they know or have a new marketing strategy that will sky rocket smartphones sells in the near future.
    11-03-13 09:11 AM
    Oh.. don't worry.. they aren't known for 'rushing' anything... even the offer is "Coming Soon. TM."

ohhhh... Snap(Dragon!)

#GetWithBB10 Channel @ C000D7228
    That is something that TH has improved. With him in charge they have been mostly making their deadlines vs never coming close to them with Mike & Jim.

TH has not handled the public perception & Wallstreet well (which was already a mess B4 he started). I do however like everything else he has been doing with BlackBerry's products & services, & the direction they seem to be going.

The team that built BB10 & the technology it uses was put together by Mike, but the final package was done by TH. I have always been a fan of Mike and want him at BlackBerry. I just don't want him running it. His strength is engineering. The guy is an engineering genius. He should stick to that & leave management of the entire company to someone else.

As CEO he appointed himself as Chief Marketing Officer. How can he be the CMO? He doesn't understand consumers, there is no way he would be able to market to them

Posted via CB10
    hf199 likes this.
    11-03-13 09:29 AM
    Not a huge surprise. after all they have been bussines partner for almost a decade. surely they know how much value there is in Blackberry, and probably they know or have a new marketing strategy that will sky rocket smartphones sells in the near future.
    Not so much. B4 LTE BlackBerry dealt mainly with TI (Texas Instruments) I could be wrong, but I think Qualcomm chips are only found in the Bold & Curve lines. The rest of the BBOS devices are Broadcomm & TI

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 09:33 AM
    Qualcomm will be an excelent partner.
    11-03-13 11:06 AM
    Not so much. B4 LTE BlackBerry dealt mainly with TI (Texas Instruments) I could be wrong, but I think Qualcomm chips are only found in the Bold & Curve lines. The rest of the BBOS devices are Broadcomm & TI

Posted via CB10
    Curve and bold devices use marvel chipsets. Qc has also been used in earlier bbry devices.
    11-03-13 12:39 PM
    This would be Mike's second time around, and he is nobody's fool, Mike has a good head on his shoulders, and a Passion second to none for BB. I want Mike, with Cerberus, and Qualcomm falling into place. I would expect SYNERGY with a GREAT Brain Storming Atmosphere, and Clear Thinking with Qualcomm in the mix . Keep it moving Mike, Keep it moving New Team BlackBerry (Qualcomm, Cerberus, and Mike). Wishful thinking. Hope it happens. I BELIEVE. Why not?! Never give up.
    Mike was one of the biggest reasons that there was such a toxic environment at RIM so not sure what you're all excited about.
    drewread likes this.
    11-03-13 12:56 PM
    I

I could not disagree more. Lazaridis is responsible for the failure of BlackBerry.

The company has some good talent but incompetent management. It needs an owner that can replace the entire board and management team.
    Mike was one of the biggest reasons that there was such a toxic environment at RIM so not sure what you're all excited about.
    No, it was Jim B the one causing all the problems in the previous management. No founder wants to see their own company sink. Jim B was hired to take care of the management and marketing side, while it was Mike who was responsible for the technological forefront. Also, RIM was Mike's vision so it should go back to him. Without him, there wouldn't be BlackBerry.
    I feel this is like Apple kicking out Steve Jobs and then letting him return all over again.
    11-03-13 02:30 PM
    This is a critical and forward looking strategic alliance for the emerging smartphone/Technology. It will bring together
    - security (BlackBerry)
    - speed (Qualcom)
    - mobility (battery power - 3rd partner???)
    - enterprise market (Lazaridus?)

BlackBerry all the way, just not for consumers.
    11-03-13 04:42 PM
    If Fairfax doesn't have the financing, the breakup fee won't be payable as the deal won't get signed tomorrow. So the other groups are probably going to take a bit of a risk and wait until after tomorrow before moving on BB.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 05:09 PM
    This is a critical and forward looking strategic alliance for the emerging smartphone/Technology. It will bring together
    - security (BlackBerry)
    - speed (Qualcom)
    - mobility (battery power - 3rd partner???)
    - enterprise market (Lazaridus?)

BlackBerry all the way, just not for consumers.
    Who is Lazaridus?

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 05:09 PM
    What do you mean new field ? Qualcomm used to do phones in the past and they certainly have an expertise in telecommunications because of them supplying most of the handset and tablet makers. I see this scenario as the best one as of yet.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 06:13 PM
    Okay my friend from the Philippines just wrote to me to tell me that since they are one day ahead of us, he says that SAMSUNG bought BLACKBERRY, is this true, does anyone know or has heard the same? Can someone please tell me if is true.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 06:57 PM
    Okay my friend from the Philippines just wrote to me to tell me that since they are one day ahead of us, he says that SAMSUNG bought BLACKBERRY, is this true, does anyone know or has heard the same? Can someone please tell me if is true.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    no. and stop spreading your garbage everywhere.
    11-03-13 07:10 PM
    Yes it is true. Philippines are from the future but only by a day. It's still not fair if you ask me.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    11-03-13 07:12 PM
    If Fairfax doesn't have the financing, the breakup fee won't be payable as the deal won't get signed tomorrow. So the other groups are probably going to take a bit of a risk and wait until after tomorrow before moving on BB.

Posted via CB10
    Incorrect. Stop spreading misinformation.

I wonder why people who comment on this deal don't take the time to read the LOI? It's really quite short and easy to understand.
    11-03-13 07:41 PM
    Interesting read on Qualcomm's reliance on BlackBerry for royalties:

BlackBerry’s future still uncertain as key deadline nears - The Globe and Mail
    BravoZuluDelta likes this.
    11-03-13 08:04 PM
    Incorrect. Stop spreading misinformation.

I wonder why people who comment on this deal don't take the time to read the LOI? It's really quite short and easy to understand.
    You should read , not him.

If PW could not sign the definitive deal with BBRY tomorrow, then he will not be qualified for the 165M/250M break fee if BBRY is sold to somebody else 1 day or 1 year later after tomorrow.
    11-03-13 09:46 PM
    If (A) during the Diligence Period (i) BlackBerry enters into any letter of intent or definitive agreement providing for an Alternative Transaction, (ii) BlackBerry ceases to negotiate with the consortium in good faith with a view to entering into the Definitive Agreement by the end of the Diligence Period, or (iii) an Alternative Transaction is publicly proposed or publicly announced and is consummated within 6 months following the end of the Diligence Period, or (B) during the 3 month period following the end of the Diligence Period, BlackBerry enters into any agreement providing for an Alternative Transaction with a person with whom discussions were held before or during the Diligence Period, then BlackBerry shall pay Fairfax a fee of U.S. $0.30 per BlackBerry share, provided, however, that no such fee shall be payable if the consortium shall have reduced the price offered below U.S. $9.00 per share without the approval of the board of directors of BlackBerry. In the event that a definitive agreement is signed with Fairfax the termination fee will increase to U.S. $ 0.50 per share.
    Hence, if they want to avoid a fee, they could have to wait as long as 6 months depending on the circumstances.
    11-03-13 10:04 PM
155 ... 4567