11-07-13 11:10 AM
155 1234 ...
tools
    Friggin Lazaridiculous better not plan on scrapping the full touch screen or I will be done with BlackBerry. I can't use the physical keyboard worth a damn. I picked BlackBerry because of the awesome UI and the wicked virtual keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    Notcho and Brandon Orr like this.
    11-01-13 06:58 PM
    Friggin Lazaridiculous better not plan on scrapping the full touch screen or I will be done with BlackBerry. I can't use the physical keyboard worth a damn. I picked BlackBerry because of the awesome UI and the wicked virtual keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    Let's hope not....i was so reluctant to go away from the qwerty but after two weeks of the z'd I'll never go back to the qwerty keyboards.

Posted via the best Keyboard in Existence my Mo Fo Z10
    11-01-13 07:02 PM
    I'm no analyst but this could help with lowering the cost of phones no? Since they'd be owned by the one making the chips resulting in cheaper components. Just a thought.

Posted via CB10
    BravoZuluDelta and dracolnyte like this.
    11-01-13 07:17 PM
    I can understand the co-founders of BlackBerry and Qualcomms interest in BB. Cerberus seems to be the odd man out here. Would rather see PW, Cisco or FB take Cerberus spot. The problems at BB at the moment are, marketing, advertising and apps. BB needs somebody who can sort out these problems fast.
    hf199, elmit22 and WZFoster like this.
    11-01-13 07:20 PM
    Cerberus makes sense, they are constantly on the hunt for good deals in which they can negotiate real good deals (for them at least). From what I know, this would be the only serious tech deal they've done, though if Qualcomm is joining that'd be fantastic. You'll have someone with deep pockets and very good profits. They make more in a year than what BBRYs market cap is. Though I wouldn't be surprised if they come in below $9 a share, I don't think Prem has been able to get the financing.
    hf199 likes this.
    11-01-13 07:28 PM
    I'm no analyst but this could help with lowering the cost of phones no? Since they'd be owned by the one making the chips resulting in cheaper components. Just a thought.

Posted via CB10
    But don't forget after they're going privat they will focus on corporate business

So no phones

No consumer market

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 07:33 PM
    If Qualcomm is smart they will not buy Blackberry as that would risk alienating their other customers. Blackberry is a completely new field for Qualcomm as well and together with Blackberry and hardware, they are like the new Nokia.

I'd recommend Qualcomm to think this over before buying something just because they have the money. Such acquisition requires a very clear new business model for Qualcomm which I don't think they have for the moment.
    11-01-13 07:34 PM
    It's getting better
    11-01-13 07:37 PM
    But don't forget after they're going privat they will focus on corporate business

So no phones

No consumer market

Posted via CB10
    Whut? :s I never saw nothing like this "no phones" "no consumer market "

Posted via CB10
    thisiscjay and SK122387 like this.
    11-01-13 07:46 PM
    Meanwhile Watsa has failed to secure the financing he needs to acquire BlackBerry so this news couldn't have come at a better time.

It's best for BlackBerry to go back to its true owner anyway.

Posted via CB10
    You know that Watsa doesn't have the funds how?

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 07:49 PM
    Qualcom keep BlackBerry moving and BlackBerry keep us moving.

Posted via BlackBerry Z810
    hf199 likes this.
    11-01-13 07:58 PM
    If Qualcomm is smart they will not buy Blackberry as that would risk alienating their other customers. Blackberry is a completely new field for Qualcomm as well and together with Blackberry and hardware, they are like the new Nokia.

I'd recommend Qualcomm to think this over before buying something just because they have the money. Such acquisition requires a very clear new business model for Qualcomm which I don't think they have for the moment.

Really? How would they alienate their customers? Samsung makes a lot of chips for Apple, you don't see them hurting do you? Also, Sony makes chips for Apple as well. All these companies buy from each other because each company makes a product that they want.

Right now, the Snapdragon family of chips and such are very good and I don't see their products deteriorating in quality. This wouldn't hurt their business at all. It'd probably bring in more money since the patents that BlackBerry licenses out would bring in revenue for them.
    11-01-13 07:58 PM
    If Quallcomm is buying BlackBerry, they better be sure to chip in the best and fastest chips ever leave their lab for the latest BlackBerry.
    At least a 6GHz triple quadcore cpu.
    Shove some chips to those bigger is better cpu fanboys.

YEAH!!!
    toneytone, Carterbits and hf199 like this.
    11-01-13 08:05 PM
    if qualcom is in this bid, and they all plan to keep blackberry together...this may turn out very good. qualcom boast's of some nice tech.
    They just want the patents.
    11-01-13 08:07 PM

Posted via CB10
    Just like Samsung does

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 08:12 PM
    I'll believe it when they submit a competing bid for BlackBerry. Until that moment it is just a possibility that may or may not occur.

Posted via CB10 from my spectacular Z10
    11-01-13 08:17 PM
    I don't like Cerberus interest at all, I guess they would sell BlackBerry in separate parts, but Qualcomm could be interesting...

Posted via my z10 - BBM channel pin C000F331C
    11-01-13 08:19 PM
    I don't like Cerberus interest at all, I guess they would sell BlackBerry in separate parts, but Qualcomm could be interesting...

Posted via my z10 - BBM channel pin C000F331C
    No way Laziridis or however you spell his name breaks up BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    hf199 likes this.
    11-01-13 08:27 PM
    Whatever it is... keep Facebook away from this... they are in business to sell your personal data.. imagine getting access to your phone and have access to your phone book.. not pretty.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by tlegend2012; 11-03-13 at 09:09 AM.
    Silk_Spectre likes this.
    11-01-13 08:35 PM
    I'd support the qualcomm deal if they kept BlackBerry together.

Posted from my Z30
    11-01-13 09:10 PM
    I don't know what to do about cerberus... they like the assets I guess

Channel : C000FA856 | Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1047
    11-01-13 09:12 PM
    This sounds good to me. I hope there is some truth to it.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 09:14 PM
    Both BlackBerry and Qualcomm could benefit from this. BB by having a direct line to the processors so no need to worry about cost to get the best they have to offer, and Qualcomm for patents, Paratek, and an in with ML for future work done in quantum computing.
    revtech likes this.
    11-01-13 09:24 PM
    I hope you're right and it's not some kind of asset-stripping exercise.
    Kind of what I'm wondering. I'm sure blackberry has some valuable patents in its portfolio.
    11-01-13 09:27 PM
    Kind of what I'm wondering. I'm sure blackberry has some valuable patents in its portfolio.
    With he-who-shall-henceforth-be-known-as-Lazaridiculous involved, I doubt BlackBerry will be stripped for parts. At most we might see BBM spun off as a separate entity, but he won't let BlackBerry die as a company or a brand if he can help it.
    11-01-13 09:31 PM
155 1234 ...