Initially, I remember reading this:
    "In Brazil, locally made iPhones are the first choice for government workers. "I have never seen a Brazilian government employee using a BlackBerry," said one government source."
    Source: Fairfax consortium bids $4.7 billion to take BlackBerry private | Reuters

And then there was this:
    "U.S. spy agency had snooped on Brazilian communications, including bugging Rousseffs own cell phone and email, as well as communications by the state oil company Petrobras"
    http://www.ibtimes.com/brazilian-pre...o-says-1407090

"Five highlights from the Canada-Brazil spying revelations"
    "the kind of hardware being used (for example a Nokia 3120 or an Android-based Motorola MRUQ7)"
    Five highlights from the Canada-Brazil spying revelations - The Globe and Mail

A possible connection? Did the Brazilian gov't make it easier for others to access their systems?
    blackberrybrad likes this.
    10-07-13 11:11 AM
    That's what they get for not using secure phones. Maybe they thought no one was going to spy on them. Look for BlackBerry phones to start showing up, along with some Samsung knox phones.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 11:24 AM
    Here in Brazil the politicians are kind of worms... they like status... they like expensive stuff. they dont give a sh4i4ii for security and things like that. They always bought iPhone because is the expensive one and they can put some money on the final prices ... to take some money away... The Brazilian president use a common cellphone carrier here named TIM (and this is an Italian carrier). Sometime before I read some news that our president was calling some politian on her cellphone and it hang up... TIM hang up her call because she was talking on the phone too much time.... TIM use to do that with ordinary customers...... well including the president.
    10-07-13 08:04 PM
    Here in Brazil the politicians are kind of worms... they like status... they like expensive stuff. they dont give a sh4i4ii for security and things like that. They always bought iPhone because is the expensive one and they can put some money on the final prices ... to take some money away... The Brazilian president use a common cellphone carrier here named TIM (and this is an Italian carrier). Sometime before I read some news that our president was calling some politian on her cellphone and it hang up... TIM hang up her call because she was talking on the phone too much time.... TIM use to do that with ordinary customers...... well including the president.
    Tell them to stick with their status phones as the NSA can slice though Blackberry security like a hot knife through butter. The NSA does it on a regular basis.
    10-08-13 10:39 AM
    Tell them to stick with their status phones as the NSA can slice though Blackberry security like a hot knife through butter. The NSA does it on a regular basis.
    Hot knife through butter, that easy? Thought they needed to use the billion dollar computer and their top hacking team unlike others. I remember reading that in the same article that said BlackBerry was post hacked. I mean if it was like knife through butter I don't know why they busted out the celebrations after they hacked them.

Posted via CB10
    needforbbx likes this.
    10-08-13 10:55 AM