I stopped by the AT&T store today with a friend to ask about a possible solution for a problem she's having with her Curve. One of the sales girls and I got into a conversation about upgrading and I mentioned off-handedly that I was waiting for the Bold to come out before upgrading. She said, "Oh, that's on September 1st; we just got an email about it today." She also gave me her card and said if I call up there on September 1st, she'll hold one for me since I'll be driving over 100 miles round-trip for it.

Can anybody else verify the 1st? This is the first I've heard of this date, and it seems to fit with the rumor of late August/early September. And she offered the info up without me even asking when it was supposed to come out. Credible?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-25-08 09:28 PM
    Another rumor.
    07-25-08 09:32 PM
    One of my coworkers said he was going to stop by one of our customer's office on Monday to setup 2 Bolds on VZW. I said no way, its not even out yet and ATT will get it first anyways -- VZW/Sprint will be last. He said he had gotten an email from the customer who got an email from VZW and it said they were releasing it today! He showed me the email and sure enough, there was an ad for VZW saying they were releasing the Bold today.

I still find this hard to believe as everything I see online says ATT will get it first.

I'm trying to get a copy of the email now...
    07-25-08 09:43 PM
    The bold will be out when it is ready
    All dates are just rumors now

07-25-08 09:58 PM
    The bold will be out when it is ready
    All dates are just rumors now

No, not just rumors. I had a dream that I was a CSR at ATT and I saw an email from a manager that said the Bold was going to be released on Aug. 1st!!! That is a firm release date as I saw it for my own eyes If you don't believe that my dad is a high up executive at Rogers and he said it was coming out Aug. 1st too. If you don't believe those my Mom and Uncle work at RIM and they confirmed Aug. 1st as well.
    07-25-08 10:06 PM
    Well when Aug 1st comes and go we will all find out, only a few weeks to go. I will be getting one as well to have my curve from VZW

07-25-08 10:30 PM
    On the blogs today here on CB homepage, the rumored date for ATT was also Sept 1st.

07-25-08 10:33 PM
    Well, I had a dream, too! I was in a garden and I was picking berries. Not just any berries - BOLD Berries! As I was about to leave the garden, I heard a voice (of my wife) asking where's mine? Dream over

07-26-08 11:06 AM
    Since September 1st is Labor Day, I doubt if it will be released on that day.
    07-26-08 01:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD