01-13-16 07:20 PM
84 ... 234
tools
    It's based on android. O ok. Not sure if this will catch on. Boeing is far from a software company.

Posted via CB10
    Boeing develops lots of software for the military - software may not be their primary product, but they certainly have an awful lot of developers
    02-28-14 05:05 PM
    Boeing could save tons of money on research and development by buying Blackberry instead.
    Coming from Boeing, the phone will probably be much more secure and have a much more limited audience than Blackberry.

Blackberry is a much more consumer grade product, tbh. For example, it has all these features geared toward the prosumer like Balance that the military likely doesn't want or need.
    02-28-14 05:12 PM
    BlackBerry needs to put out an ad calling itself "the original Black Phone". Just to remind people of its existence.

Posted via CB10
    Fire that off to Clewley.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-14 07:21 PM
    If history is any guide, BB may have a problem with it:

http://www.engadget.com/2007/11/09/r...pparently-not/

RIM sues LG over phone names, "black" and "berry" apparently not okay

RIM may be better known as a*defendant than as a plaintiff in the courtroom, but Waterloo's finest have actually done a brisk business filing lawsuits over the past couple years. In late '06, RIM*filed a complaint against Samsung for calling its i607 -- a phone suspiciously similar in appearance to RIM's QWERTY devices -- the BlackJack, though the two companies eventually*came to an agreement*that allowed the name to carry on. Knowing that RIM was playing hardball, Verizon approached RIM earlier this year and asked if it could slap "Blueberry" and "Black Cherry" on some of its LG wares; RIM rejected the request, so Verizon went ahead and used "Black Cherry" and "Strawberry" anyway (apparently Verizon's "request" was more of a notification than a request). Anyway, that whole ordeal has apparently worked RIM into a lather and it has requested the destruction -- yes, destruction -- of all LG phones with "berry," "black," or "pearl" in their names. Don't get us wrong, we don't really want to see millions of phones destroyed, but... well, we kind of do. Especially if they use a wood chipper or something.
    02-28-14 08:40 PM
    Yeah, Toronto city government will get this.

Posted via CB10 with Z30 on 10.2.1.2141
    02-28-14 08:48 PM
    I dunno about this. Boeing is a military industrial complex powerhouse. It might as well be an NSA partner. This might reach the same markets Sectera and the Panasonic Toughbook target. BlackBerry, like the the IBM/Lenovo ThinkPad, is business rugged.
    Boeing is an NSA partner. Look up Narus.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-14 08:51 PM
    01-06-16 11:30 AM
    Lol is this phone still a thing? Ever since I heard BlackBerry had been "teaming up" with them to offer some kind of security enhancements I haven't heard a peep about the blackphone

Sent from my Passport
    01-09-16 11:30 PM
    This is not the phone this thread is about
    01-13-16 07:20 PM
84 ... 234