Came across an interesting article regarding too companies realizing the importance of security of their information and looking for board members that are cyber experts.

I wonder how many of these companies allow important employees to use any phone with any enterprise system.

Maybe BlackBerry can make hay with the current environment and cyber problem headlines.

Link... Exclusive: U.S. companies seek cyber experts for top jobs, board seats | Reuters

Posted via CB10 on the great Z30
    05-30-14 08:41 PM
    It depends on the company, really. What I have found in talking to some security folks is that BYOD hasn't quite hit with the companies/agencies who require the most stringent security. They still prefer to control the procurement, assignment, and disposal of devices. Even some agencies who have gone away from BlackBerry still manage their mobile fleets with full device control, in this manner. Our security officer is involved in every bit and part of development, deployment, and O&M.

The thing that is critical is what is "good enough" security. Most agencies and corporations don't actually need the strictest levels of security. For them, BYOD works well. But the ISO is still critical.
    05-31-14 09:05 AM
    What is ISo?

? Slicing using my ?
    05-31-14 09:18 AM
    Information Security Officer.

Ensures enforcement and compliance with security policies and requirements in development and operations and maintenance. Is responsible for activities such as systems' Authority to Operate.

Information Security Officer (US) Salary
    RubberChicken76 likes this.
    05-31-14 10:07 AM
    Came across an interesting article regarding too companies...
    Two

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    06-04-14 05:30 PM
    ISO/CISO positions should report directly to the CEO and board. More often than not these positions are handicapped by layer upon layer of management that overrules their recommendations.

That being said, companies looking to hire cyber security individuals to the board is not surprising. They can help give and secure strategic direction. Something many companies lack.
    06-05-14 06:31 AM