So..Chen stutters "we are work...I mean we are looking at it" when directly asked about secure android device. Good questions and good interviewer. To the point and not derogatory

BlackBerry Will Get Phone Business Back On Track: CEO - Bloomberg Business
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    06-23-15 06:19 PM
    06-23-15 08:24 PM
    Think there's not going to be an android phone. If I were to guess from what I've heard maybe they'll be a guest OS (tizen or Amazon's fork) for apps (via this QNX hypervisor)..

Posted via CB10
    thymaster likes this.
    06-23-15 11:32 PM
    Yea, based on that interview, my interpretation is that there was no Android device in the making but after the rumours, he will look into Android and see if he can make it secure enough first. And because of BlackBerry policy of not responding to rumours and speculation, people imagination will continue to run wild again. LOL
    06-24-15 06:20 PM
    Why make an Android phone when you are building the experience suite for Android and iOS? BlackBerry can't make money with their own OS, how will they make money with an Android phone? Android phones are not any different in hardware design than BB10 phones. If people won't buy a BlackBerry phone now, why would they buy one with Android?

Posted via Z30
    lawliet4401728 likes this.
    06-24-15 09:23 PM
    Why make an Android phone when you are building the experience suite for Android and iOS? BlackBerry can't make money with their own OS, how will they make money with an Android phone? Android phones are not any different in hardware design than BB10 phones. If people won't buy a BlackBerry phone now, why would they buy one with Android?

Posted via Z30
    Because of apps...? 8-)

  Pastaporto aglio e olio... Mmmhhh!  
    neoberry99 likes this.
    06-25-15 06:27 PM
    There is no way he hasn't already assigned a group to work on this. The reason he hesitates is because he knows how far away it is, and... how much BB10 stock he and the channel partners still have to clear.

Posted via CB10
    neoberry99 likes this.
    06-25-15 06:37 PM

Posted via Z30
    Because they prefer the Android OS and ecosystem over BB10, but like BlackBerry as a brand. Maybe they had a BBOS device in the past, and have been on Android lately... and coming back to BlackBerry running Android would be nostalgic, but without the risk of switching OS and ecosystem.
    Last edited by jmr1015; 06-26-15 at 01:51 AM.
    southlander and neoberry99 like this.
    06-25-15 07:25 PM
    Because they prefer the Android OS and ecosystem over BB10, but like BlackBerry as a brand. Maybe they had a BBOS device in the past, and have been on Android lately... and coming back to BlackBerry running Android would be both nostalgic, but also without the risk of switching OS and ecosystem.
    Will they pay $100 to $200 more compared to an identical phone from a manufacturer that can make them way cheaper than they can?

Posted via Z30
    06-25-15 07:49 PM
    One strong point for OS10, which is overlooked imo, is the stability, I have never had to reboot my phone, going onto it's 3rd year as my daily driver. There is no issue in that regard, for me anyway. I recently bought my son a nexus and although I was impressed by the hardware, display, and the fanciful OS, after 2 months, the phone needs to be rebooted daily. The point being, if BlackBerry can not only secure android but stabilize it, ...ooh now we're talk'n.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-15 08:46 PM
    Will they pay $100 to $200 more compared to an identical phone from a manufacturer that can make them way cheaper than they can?

Posted via Z30
    If BlackBerry offered a full touch slab with similar specs to the Passport (which would put it on par with the $299 OnePlus One) then yes. I would pay $100 to $200 more for that BlackBerry, as I would assume it would offer at least some BlackBerry exclusive benefits, like a full featured BlackBerry email client, and perhaps a skin featuring something like the Hub. A $499 Z30 successor running Android with Passport specs sounds great to me.
    06-26-15 02:22 AM
    If BlackBerry offered a full touch slab with similar specs to the Passport (which would put it on par with the $299 OnePlus One) then yes. I would pay $100 to $200 more for that BlackBerry, as I would assume it would offer at least some BlackBerry exclusive benefits, like a full featured BlackBerry email client, and perhaps a skin featuring something like the Hub. A $499 Z30 successor running Android with Passport specs sounds great to me.
    There are people here that will buy anything and everything that BlackBerry puts it's name on. My point is will the people that haven't bought Bb10, buy an BlackBerry phone running Android, especially when BlackBerry can't make phones cheaper than the competition, and charges way more than the competition for comparable specs?

Posted via Z30
    06-26-15 08:38 AM
    There are people here that will buy anything and everything that BlackBerry puts it's name on. My point is will the people that haven't bought Bb10, buy an BlackBerry phone running Android, especially when BlackBerry can't make phones cheaper than the competition, and charges way more than the competition for comparable specs?

Posted via Z30
    While that is true, my point is that I am one of the people who haven't bought BB10. I'm a BlackBerry fan, and legacy BBOS user, and I'm telling you I'd personally be interested in a BlackBerry running Android, and I'm not the only one that I know. I have at least a handful of friends who were happy BBOS users or who tried BB10 and didn't like it, who've been sharing and commenting on articles on social media about the BBRY/Android rumor, expressing their interest in finally coming back to BlackBerry.
    06-26-15 03:10 PM
    While that is true, my point is that I am one of the people who haven't bought BB10. I'm a BlackBerry fan, and legacy BBOS user, and I'm telling you I'd personally be interested in a BlackBerry running Android, and I'm not the only one that I know. I have at least a handful of friends who were happy BBOS users or who tried BB10 and didn't like it, who've been sharing and commenting on articles on social media about the BBRY/Android rumor, expressing their interest in finally coming back to BlackBerry.
    OK but if they make an Android BlackBerry device, they are likely going to make the US skinned to be BB10 like. So if you and others didn't like BB10 then what about an Android device with a BB10 skin is appealing? Is it just the apps? Are these people who left BBM for Android and now just want to stay Android? Just curious why other than apps, anyone would want a BB10 skinned Android device.

Posted via Z30
    06-26-15 07:45 PM