10-08-13 02:13 PM
31 12
tools
    BlackBerry Faces Investor

This seemed inevitable. No details but I wonder if it will affect potential bidders.
    BBPandy likes this.
    10-04-13 07:38 PM
    DAMN!!

Now we potentially watch the flood gates open.

This could blow over though.

BlackBerry & Nintendo Alliance. Bring Pokmon to BlackBerry 10.
    10-04-13 07:42 PM
    Yeah, finally, they should be held to account. Doubt the sale will be able to go through now.

Posted via my AWESOME Z10 on CB10
    10-04-13 07:43 PM
    I am glad someone did. The entire top management of Blackberry is either highly incompetent or very corrupt.
    bobauckland, JeepBB, gg22 and 1 others like this.
    10-04-13 07:46 PM
    I am glad someone did. The entire top management of Blackberry is either highly incompetent or very corrupt.
    I go with option B.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 07:51 PM
    Let's see if all those that said they would join actually join. This is a class action suit.

Sifting for names on the class action threads now.

Edit:

User Icedkermit started a thread and said:

"I plan on joining whoever launches the first lawsuit."

Icedkermit, are you joining?

http://forums.crackberry.com/bbry-f3...oining-854231/
    Last edited by Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes; 10-04-13 at 10:21 PM. Reason: calling out names
    10-04-13 10:11 PM
    I'm curious to see if this case will be thrown out like the last one was.
    10-04-13 10:13 PM
    I wonder if BlackBerry had anticipated this.
    10-04-13 10:21 PM
    Feel sorry for these people... really I do.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 11:18 PM
    HA! I misread the title and thought it said Blackberry Feces Investors...i guess either is true.
    10-04-13 11:40 PM
    Although this is very different than a typical lawsuit filed in Canada, it's interesting nevertheless. In uber-litigious America, these firms don't charge those who become members of the absent class (I'm pretty sure; if there are any American securities law guys around to confirm, it would help). That would indicate that the firm thinks it has enough of a case to get BBRY's attention.

Remember, in a class action, the goal is often to convince the defendant that it's cheaper and easier to settle than to defend.
    Last edited by mset; 10-05-13 at 01:22 AM.
    10-04-13 11:44 PM
    Although this is very different than a typical lawsuit filed in Canada, it's interesting nevertheless. In uber-litigious America, these firms don't charge those who become members of the absent class (I'm pretty sure; if there are any American securities law guys around to confirm, it would help). That would indicate that the firm thinks it has enough of a case to get BBRY's attention.

Remember, in a class action, often the goal is to convince the defendant that it's cheaper and easier to settle than to defend.
    Exactly and the only people that win are the lawyers. The phrase class action always raises so many alarms when it's usually just a lawyer trying to throw sh&t against the wall to see what sticks.
    mkelley65 and xiaohuaxing like this.
    10-04-13 11:51 PM
    Exactly and the only people that win are the lawyers. The phrase class action always raises so many alarms when it's usually just a lawyer trying to throw sh&t against the wall to see what sticks.
    The plaintiffs make out quite nicely too, in many, if not most cases.
    Heck, I don't really care if a lawyer gets half, as long as I get my half too.

While class action lawsuits have deliberately been trough the mud the last decade, by "interest groups" funded by big business, who'd love to get rid of them or get caps on damages, its still an effective and democratic judicial tool.
    The US is way ahead of most of the world when it comes to class action lawsuits, and really have something they can be proud of.
    10-05-13 03:22 AM

While class action lawsuits have deliberately been trough the mud the last decade, by "interest groups" funded by big business, who'd love to get rid of them or get caps on damages, its still an effective and democratic judicial tool.
    The US is way ahead of most of the world when it comes to class action lawsuits, and really have something they can be proud of.
    You forgot your sarcasm tags. That or you're absolutely insane.
    10-05-13 06:51 AM
    iOS 7

Look what this ****** wrote. Looks like the media and BB management is hell bent on seeing BB fail. Seems as if we on this forum are the last ones standing. Win or loose, good or bad, up or down I'm still buying my Z30. Yeah!!!
    10-05-13 07:10 AM
    Apple has dreams

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 10:12 AM
    Class action lawsuits aren't always about the winners making a huge payday. Most are about teaching the company being sued an expensive lesson. Investors lost money, a class action lawsuit won't necessarily mean that investors get all of their money back if BlackBerry loses. But it will without question mean that BlackBerry also loses money.
    m1a1mg likes this.
    10-05-13 10:31 AM
    Very true.

Unfortunately, there is little alternative practical approach to keep business "honest." Another often maligned tool is "punitive damages."

It is difficult to change people's perceptions unfortunately, until they become a victim and find out the hard way how difficult it is to seek justice or compensation.

10-05-13 12:53 PM
    Let's see if all those that said they would join actually join. This is a class action suit.

Sifting for names on the class action threads now.

Edit:

User Icedkermit started a thread and said:

"I plan on joining whoever launches the first lawsuit."

Icedkermit, are you joining?

http://forums.crackberry.com/bbry-f3...oining-854231/
    Considering about half the posters in that thread seemed to be of the opinion that there are no grounds for a law suit, I'd say the OP is already out front on this subject. Beyond that, what do you care who does or does not join the suit.
    10-05-13 03:47 PM
    This lawsuit doesn`t make sense. The company rolled the dice on BB10 and it didn`t go their way. Happens all the time and to every IT company.

What they should be suing blackberry for is for purposely holding back bbm on other platforms. Its been over a week and nothing. Nothing takes that long to fix.
    10-06-13 01:45 AM
    This lawsuit doesn`t make sense. The company rolled the dice on BB10 and it didn`t go their way.
    They didn't help it go their way. Without putting dollars and a smart marketing/sales/promotion strategy behind it, BB10 was made to fail.
    10-06-13 01:56 AM
    BlackBerry Faces Investor

This seemed inevitable. No details but I wonder if it will affect potential bidders.
    This is a ludicrous lawsuit. Since when is an investment in the stock market guaranteed? America does not make anything anymore. All their jobs have been exported to China. The only industry left in America is being a patent troll, suing people and ripping off people on Wall Street like what JP Morgan did to get $11 billion in fines.
    10-06-13 03:24 AM
    These kind of lawsuits are a dime a dozen.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-13 11:41 AM
    birdman - I disagree, here in Canada it seems the blackberry promotion was everywhere. It was front and centre at every mobile phone store, radio adds, tv adds, I can't surf the web without seeing a couple blackberry adds.

The problem is that so far everyone has settled on either droid or IOS, I don't think it had a chance to succeed in North America except in the business sector.
    10-06-13 12:15 PM
    This is a ludicrous lawsuit. Since when is an investment in the stock market guaranteed? America does not make anything anymore. All their jobs have been exported to China. The only industry left in America is being a patent troll, suing people and ripping off people on Wall Street like what JP Morgan did to get $11 billion in fines.
    What a crock.

Posted via CB10 on my Verizon Z10. 10.2.0.1725
    10-06-13 12:22 PM
31 12