09-20-13 04:50 PM
145 ... 456
tools
    ^^^ What lies? I am truly curious...
    12-06-11 03:10 PM
    The OS7 phones were ignored in the media, or outright lied about by people like Brian Tong of CNet and Ayaz Aktar of TWiT because they were PAID to ignore or trash them by Apple. There is a clear and compelling record of misstatements and outright lies by these companies when it comes to RIM and its products. Yes, RIM is either ignored or trashed in the media because of bias that is promoted by Apple.

RIM did deliver on these phones. On time and with the features promised. But all the media talks about is Apple while on their knees. CNEt and TWiT should either pull out of the news business or get report the news in a balanced manner.
    Os 7 devices were ignored because they are not that exciting. The 9900 received rave reviews from just about every site. Everything else is rubbish when compared to ios/android devices.
    12-06-11 03:20 PM
    Os 7 devices were ignored because they are not that exciting. The 9900 received rave reviews from just about every site. Everything else is rubbish when compared to ios/android devices.
    Incorrect. I love my 9900 and it's not bricking, it's not failing, it does what I need it to do, I have gotten to know the bugs, quirks and everything else I knew about my 8130 and 9700. So if you don't use a blackberry or never have, why bash?
    12-06-11 03:31 PM
    Incorrect. I love my 9900 and it's not bricking, it's not failing, it does what I need it to do, I have gotten to know the bugs, quirks and everything else I knew about my 8130 and 9700. So if you don't use a blackberry or never have, why bash?
    I like the 9900 a lot. I meant the other os 7 devices ex torch 9860, torch 9810, touch screen curve. The mentioned just don't stack up when compared to ios/android. So I can see why a lot tech blogs didn't praise those devices. I wasn't calling the devices trash by any means.
    12-06-11 03:36 PM
    I guess the other phones aren't as flashy etc. as the others but still great phones for people who want to stay with RIM or even some new comers that don't need or want a data hog phone the size of a brick.
    12-06-11 03:42 PM
    He said reviewers raved about the 99xx and that all the other OS 7 devices don't compare. He didn't bash the 9900.
    12-06-11 03:43 PM
    RIM did deliver on these phones. On time and with the features promised. But all the media talks about is Apple while on their knees. CNEt and TWiT should either pull out of the news business or get report the news in a balanced manner.
    RIM delivered? With all the features it promised? As far as I remember..it was promised to have Wifi Hotspot..which is STILL not officially released. And please don't tout that it was the carrier's who held this up, because here in Canada every other phone (Android and iOS) has this feature..but RIM's still did not. Perhaps you should take off your RIM colored glasses and look at the clear picture. These phones were hardly ground breaking nor anything to get excited about..1.2 Ghz processors in 3rd quarter 2011?
    howarmat, anon1727506 and JBenn911 like this.
    12-06-11 04:09 PM
    OMG the phones only have a single core 1.2ghz processor! The agony. LOL a lot of peoples computers don't even have that but yeah there are plenty of phones out with better.
    12-06-11 04:15 PM
    Well 2012 will bring a new chapter into RIM's storied history with as much promise and pitfalls as 2011. Have Brothers RIM learned from their mistakes? Will they hire a real marketing guy? Will PB 2 see the light of day? When will first BBX phone be released? February? April? May? August?
    More importantly, will my 9860 have a hotspot OS update? Will 9860/9850 get the Porsche Design treatment? Or maybe Prada?

Well the future of app development is interoperability--Webworks/HTML5 across all OSes:

DevCon5: RIM to Show Power of HTML5 Applications and Ease-of-Development on the BlackBerry PlayBook
    12-06-11 08:30 PM
    The OS7 phones were ignored in the media, or outright lied about by people like Brian Tong of CNet and Ayaz Aktar of TWiT because they were PAID to ignore or trash them by Apple. There is a clear and compelling record of misstatements and outright lies by these companies when it comes to RIM and its products. Yes, RIM is either ignored or trashed in the media because of bias that is promoted by Apple.

Really? So you have evidence of this? I would truly be interested to read up on such a scandal.
    12-07-11 10:05 AM
    Well 2012 will bring a new chapter into RIM's storied history with as much promise and pitfalls as 2011. Have Brothers RIM learned from their mistakes? Will they hire a real marketing guy? Will PB 2 see the light of day? When will first BBX phone be released? February? April? May? August?
    More importantly, will my 9860 have a hotspot OS update? Will 9860/9850 get the Porsche Design treatment? Or maybe Prada?

Well the future of app development is interoperability--Webworks/HTML5 across all OSes:

DevCon5: RIM to Show Power of HTML5 Applications and Ease-of-Development on the BlackBerry PlayBook
    Now this is what I am looking forward to. Forget flash. I won't need it. Html5 is making way. Windmobile.ca already ditched flash, the whole site loads on my blackberry's browser, while telusmobility.ca doesn't. Lol
    12-07-11 03:27 PM
    I still remember the days when Palm fans were in denial about their dreaded fate. Same thing happening with RIM.
    Wizard status achieved.
    09-20-13 03:27 PM
    Wizard status achieved.
    For bumping a two year old thread?

Really?
    09-20-13 03:35 PM
    For bumping a two year old thread?

Really?
    Yep.
    09-20-13 03:56 PM
    Yep.
    What was the point in all this? Seriously.
    09-20-13 04:01 PM
    If you can't see the correlation, maybe you aren't really trying.
    09-20-13 04:31 PM
    If you can't see the correlation, maybe you aren't really trying.
    Unfortunately, "not seeing" is a repeat pattern.
    09-20-13 04:38 PM
    This is a worthy necropost. Something about history and certain people being doomed to repeat it, etc.. ;D
    richardat likes this.
    09-20-13 04:46 PM
    Wow. Who knocked the cobwebs off this thread? LOL

"LOL. Remain Calm....and enjoy your Z. (~_*)"
    09-20-13 04:48 PM
    Wizard status achieved.
    Not the first word that came to my mind
    09-20-13 04:50 PM
145 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD