BlackBerry?s network

According to Misek, the networks of the Canadian smartphone manufacturer are among the few that cannot be hacked by the United States National Security Agency (NSA). He emphasized that BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) (TSE:BB)?s custom cryptography is NSA proof. Based on his conversations with the agency, it failed to circumvent the company?s security measures to protect data.

?We think it?s NSA-proof. It?s probably one of the only networks that is, and the security is so good, it takes four million years on brute compute force to hack it, so we think it?s a very valuable asset,? said Misek."

http://www.valuewalk.com/2013/09/pre...erry-entirely/

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 12:28 AM
    BlackBerry?s network

According to Misek, the networks of the Canadian smartphone manufacturer are among the few that cannot be hacked by the United States National Security Agency (NSA). He emphasized that BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) (TSE:BB)?s custom cryptography is NSA proof. Based on his conversations with the agency, it failed to circumvent the company?s security measures to protect data.

?We think it?s NSA-proof. It?s probably one of the only networks that is, and the security is so good, it takes four million years on brute compute force to hack it, so we think it?s a very valuable asset,? said Misek."

Prem Watsa Might Acquire BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY) Entirely [REPORT]

Posted via CB10
    and this is why I say blackberry got destroyed because they wouldn't play ball with the nsa.
    BCITMike likes this.
    09-24-13 01:31 AM
    The guy is an idi**. And if you trust your data is safe from spying based on his report, you're an idi** too. (I don't mean OP, but in general...)

Seriously... Misek is one of the few analysts, who is always consistently wrong.

If you look at what he predicts (whether for quarterly results or when a company introduces new products) he is always wrong. Sometimes laughably so.

(Yes I know analysts don't have a good reputation here on Crackberry, but most of them actually get it right even just once in awhile. Not Misek though.)

Sure, I understand the temptation to believe him, considering its good news for Blackberry, and if it was anyone but him, I would have said "who knows, he might be right."

But Misek's track record in mind, I think we can safely assume that NSA has full access to BBRYs networks and servers.

Besides, wasn't it posted here a couple of weeks ago, that based on the Snowden leaks, the NSA penetrated BBRYs networks a few years ago?
    Last edited by CrackedBarry; 09-24-13 at 03:53 AM.
    09-24-13 01:51 AM
    I'm confused with your post OP, it's full of question marks???????
    09-24-13 03:18 AM
    Question marks are commas. If blackberry is not the most secure phone on the market. Why has all presidents of the United States used them?

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 03:33 AM
    Question marks are commas. If blackberry is not the most secure phone on the market. Why has all presidents of the United States used them?

Posted via CB10
    That's easy... They didn't, and the current president doesn't... Before Obama no presidents were allowed to use a Blackberry, cause they weren't considered secure enough by the NSA/Secret Service.

Obama wasn't an exception, but since he really wanted to keep it, they came up with a solution: The NSA modified his blackberry, and made a special Barackberry, that was considered secure enough. While he was waiting for it to be ready, he used another phone: Sectera Edge, which is apparently more secure than Blackberries, and at the time was the only phone considered secure by the NSA.

You can read more here:

Why isn't a Blackberry Secure Enough for Barack Obama? LuxSci FYI
    Top Level Telecommunications: How Obama's BlackBerry got secured
    jegs2 likes this.
    09-24-13 04:03 AM
    That's easy... They didn't, and the current president doesn't... Before Obama no presidents were allowed to use a Blackberry, cause they weren't considered secure enough by the NSA/Secret Service.

Obama wasn't an exception, but since he really wanted to keep it, they came up with a solution: The NSA modified his blackberry, and made a special Barackberry, that was considered secure enough. While he was waiting for it to be ready, he used another phone: Sectera Edge, which is apparently more secure than Blackberries, and at the time was the only phone considered secure by the NSA.

You can read more here:

Why isn't a Blackberry Secure Enough for Barack Obama? LuxSci FYI
    Top Level Telecommunications: How Obama's BlackBerry got secured
    Hmmm... I am lost. First off the current president is Obama. Second, Obama was not an exception but no other president usef BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 04:36 AM
    Or maybe they "modified" it for him so the NSA could gain access

Posted from my Z10 with CB10.
    FSeverino likes this.
    09-24-13 04:48 AM
    Hmmm... I am lost. First off the current president is Obama. Second, Obama was not an exception but no other president usef BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Well let me explain it real slowly then. I could see that could be confusing.

Before Obama=No Blackberries at all.
    After Obama=No regular Blackberries. Only NSA modified Blackberry allowed.

No president before Obama was allowed to use a Blackberry of any kind while in office.

Obama wanted an exception to be made for him, but they refused... As a compromise, the NSA suggested that he could use a Blackberry if they modified it for him, and made a unique NSA-proof Blackberry.

That took awhile, so until it was ready, he used the Sectera phone.

To sum up: No president has ever used a regular Blackberry. They're not secure enough. The NSA had to make a special Blackberry in 2009 for the president, that could live up to their standards.

Read the articles, they're interesting.
    09-24-13 04:54 AM
    According to Misek, the networks of the Canadian smartphone manufacturer are among the few that cannot be hacked by the United States National Security Agency (NSA).
    Wouldn't the NSA want people to believe that, whether it's true or not?
    09-24-13 11:18 AM
    I bet NSA gets through with ease.
    09-24-13 11:29 AM
    The guy is an idi**. And if you trust your data is safe from spying based on his report, you're an idi** too. (I don't mean OP, but in general...)

Seriously... Misek is one of the few analysts, who is always consistently wrong.

If you look at what he predicts (whether for quarterly results or when a company introduces new products) he is always wrong. Sometimes laughably so.

(Yes I know analysts don't have a good reputation here on Crackberry, but most of them actually get it right even just once in awhile. Not Misek though.)

Sure, I understand the temptation to believe him, considering its good news for Blackberry, and if it was anyone but him, I would have said "who knows, he might be right."

But Misek's track record in mind, I think we can safely assume that NSA has full access to BBRYs networks and servers.

Besides, wasn't it posted here a couple of weeks ago, that based on the Snowden leaks, the NSA penetrated BBRYs networks a few years ago?
    Analysts follow a group mentality. Most are wrong 85 percent of the time, 100 percent of the time. The finanical analysts who take a contrarian view 50 percent of the time probably aren't much worse on their calls: you just notice them more.

I think Peter Misek is a rare breed in the financial analysts profession, especially in the technology space.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 02:14 AM
    Did the nsa leak the BBM android apk?
    09-26-13 04:12 AM
    BlackBerry?s networkAccording to Misek, the networks of the Canadian smartphone manufacturer are among the few that cannot be hacked by the United States National Security Agency (NSA).
    I'm sure the suits at NSA would like you to believe that.
    09-26-13 10:13 AM
    Oh Misek is a rare breed all right.

He is a shameless shill for whatever the latest product his bosses are telling him to push.

As an "analyst" he is wrong more than he is right. He is also not a tech genius.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 09:08 PM
    Someone at the NSA is saying, "challenge accepted".
    09-26-13 09:57 PM