Apparently both Nokia and Blackberry have huge issues in India.

Nokia and BlackBerry's market share in India dives, as domestic rivals see tenfold annual growth

"Indian market research firm CMR reports that Micromaxs market share rose from 1.7 percent from Q1 2012 to 17.1 percent during Q1 2013. Karbonn grew from 0.7 percent to 8.4 percent. Meanwhile, Nokias market share tumbled from 25.5 percent to 5.6 percent, while BlackBerry dropped from 12.3 percent all the way down to 1.2 percent."

India used to be a Blackberry stronghold, but their marketshare has apparently pretty much disappeared. It's especially a problem considering that the new BB10 based phones are too expensive for that market...
    richardat likes this.
    06-28-13 05:07 AM
    Wouldn't it like be old news or really new news since Q1 is reported later today which Bloomberg and others call Q2 but it ain't. Don't know if you know this but Q5 has yet to roll out, happy for you as a shorty wish you the best of luck. But just remember that shorts in generel lose over long periods of time
    saimrathi likes this.
    06-28-13 05:16 AM
    Apparently both Nokia and Blackberry have huge issues in India.

Nokia and BlackBerry's market share in India dives, as domestic rivals see tenfold annual growth

"Indian market research firm CMR reports that Micromax’s market share rose from 1.7 percent from Q1 2012 to 17.1 percent during Q1 2013. Karbonn grew from 0.7 percent to 8.4 percent. Meanwhile, Nokia’s market share tumbled from 25.5 percent to 5.6 percent, while BlackBerry dropped from 12.3 percent all the way down to 1.2 percent."

India used to be a Blackberry stronghold, but their marketshare has apparently pretty much disappeared. It's especially a problem considering that the new BB10 based phones are too expensive for that market...
    Yikes.
    06-28-13 05:17 AM
    While most analyst may suck I don't take my news from MTV Don't think it's the most afforative stock, If I had only this news source and thought that ppl would find it credible I would buy more stocks
    06-28-13 05:32 AM
    There is some truth in that. In Pakistan as well we are observing a general trend from people to choose local brands that still provide fair quality products that compete easily with most high end phones.

Given to the fact that android software can be implemented so easily into a good device.

Blackberry can be seen here with some but as compared to the regular number of users it mught still be around the same 1% or less mark.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    richardat likes this.
    06-28-13 05:42 AM
    dont think the numbers r right... need to wait for a better source!
    06-28-13 05:44 AM
    The stock is up 2.28 percent premarket if these were revolutionary numbers that wouldn't be so
    Last edited by Jakob Greve; 06-28-13 at 05:54 AM. Reason: Rose even further premarket
    06-28-13 05:50 AM
    There is some truth in that. In Pakistan as well we are observing a general trend from people to choose local brands that still provide fair quality products that compete easily with most high end phones.

Given to the fact that android software can be implemented so easily into a good device.

Blackberry can be seen here with some but as compared to the regular number of users it mught still be around the same 1% or less mark.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    Thanks, it's interesting to hear impressions and news from far-flung (for many of us) markets, since those are the ones we tend to have the least "feel" for.

Yes, the low-cost Android invasion has been predicted (and seen) for a long time in many markets - it's interesting that local companies are picking it up and doing well in that area - in China it was completely expected...
    06-28-13 05:54 AM
    I live in India for now. From the USA. Bought one of the first Z10s here last February (very happy by the way). Outrageous price like most imported items here ($800 USD vs $550 USD at AT&T). If that bothers you, look at German car prices - double what they are in the USA.

I think Blackberry understands this market and has decided to forego the low and low-middle end. Some of that could be fixed by local assembly (at least CKD assembly) to avoid the absurd duties. The Bolds and Curves are still here (sounds like a soap opera!) and I think the Q5 will help but this is a very cost driven market. I hear that Apple and Samsung are struggling and both are offering payment plans with select banks. Not sure of the quality of the some of the new guys like Karbonn and Micromax but I am sure that will sort itself. Both names are saturating the TV commercials. This is a tough market.
    richardat likes this.
    06-28-13 06:02 AM
    Well dropping 20% to 15% it's nice to see their still building cash troublesome that there's no number for the Z10 even more so since I find it hard to see a place for the A10 people would probably just rather have an updated Z10 and if it not selling 4.65 might be nice but with competitors at 6.3 or something screensize can't be a competion paramenter for blackberry
    06-28-13 07:23 AM
    India used to be a Blackberry stronghold
    Not sure if serious...
    06-28-13 01:26 PM
    APAC has grown for BlackBerry by 35%

Posted via CB10
    dusdal likes this.
    06-28-13 01:34 PM