12-05-17 10:31 AM
409 ... 7891011 ...
tools
    You guys can be really so pessimistic.

I still have hope that bizzare entities (like the Navy or even more bizarre!) will pay for a small production run of a new BB10 device and that BlackBerry will hopefully take out the blueprints folder for the Z50 to do that.
    And yeah, the device would be shipped with OS 10.3.5.
    I need more pills
    01-19-17 09:48 AM
    I need more pills
    I just will quote Troy again about the small campaign for Bold 9900 phones in 2014:

The reason was that after 3 years, BB had sold out of 9900s, but they had a few big enterprise/government customers who were still on BES5 and needed replacement phones [...]
    They were willing to buy enough phones at a price that could justify another small production run. Lots of companies will pay for things like that when their internal upgrade process is really slow [...]
    I do think that the BB10 user base is as big or even bigger than the Bold 9900 user base.

And I also do think that Blackberry will run out of inventory this year and that the BB10 user base is extremly bizarre.

If the Navy can pay Microsoft big cash just to continue the support for Windows XP, I am sure the BB10 user base is willed to pay + USD 200/device extra, just to get a Z50 (okay, new internals and new drivers = not cheap).

At this point, we don't know if this will happen, but I have the scenario on my list.
    Not a very glorious scenario, I admit, but enough to pull some legs on CB!
    01-19-17 10:09 AM
    As a former squid, the US Navy owes me a new BB10 device. Passport 2 if you please sir. Gives a new meaning to anchors aweigh. (get it? BB10 obsolete = boat anchor)
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    01-19-17 10:20 AM
    I do think that the BB10 user base is as big or even bigger than the Bold 9900 user base.
    On what factual evidence do you base this assertion?
    01-19-17 10:38 AM
    On what factual evidence do you base this assertion?
    There isn't.

There are numbers floating around on CB that we have few or several million BB10 users.
    Similar numbers are assumed for BBOS and I don't think that every BBOS device is a Bold 9900.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-17 11:10 AM
    I'm keenly aware of the 9900 run, why, and most importantly how. I love your dream, but that's all it shall ever be. This from someone who begged for the unicorn known as Z50.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    01-19-17 11:29 AM
    You guys can be really so pessimistic.

I still have hope that bizzare entities (like the Navy or even more bizarre!) will pay for a small production run of a new BB10 device and that BlackBerry will hopefully take out the blueprints folder for the Z50 to do that.
    And yeah, the device would be shipped with OS 10.3.5.
    Didn't know the NAVY or any other branch of the DoD was using BB10 in any numbers. The Senate did go the BB10 route, along with State Department and White House. Really not sure there is any one organization out there with enough users to justify the cost.

There is a HUGE difference is BlackBerry running an additional run of an existing hardware set.... and coming up with a "new" device to release in very limited number. Best hope would have been sticking the 801 processor from the Passport into the Classic as an "update". But paying for the custom drivers needed for BB10 chipsets, paying to reengineer those components to fit into even an existing device, paying a factory to rework a production line.... just to push out say 10K phone. You think that Secusmart/BlackBerry/Knox tablet was expensive....

Then there is the whole idea it would break Google requirements about Android being forked. I really think that back the winter of 2014/2015, BlackBerry knew there would be no new BB10 phones...
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    01-19-17 11:34 AM
    Didn't know the NAVY or any other branch of the DoD was using BB10 in any numbers. The Senate did go the BB10 route, along with State Department and White House. Really not sure there is any one organization out there with enough users to justify the cost.

There is a HUGE difference is BlackBerry running an additional run of an existing hardware set.... and coming up with a "new" device to release in very limited number. Best hope would have been sticking the 801 processor from the Passport into the Classic as an "update". But paying for the custom drivers needed for BB10 chipsets, paying to reengineer those components to fit into even an existing device, paying a factory to rework a production line.... just to push out say 10K phone. You think that Secusmart/BlackBerry/Knox tablet was expensive....

Then there is the whole idea it would break Google requirements about Android being forked. I really think that back the winter of 2014/2015, BlackBerry knew there would be no new BB10 phones...
    I didn't want to say that the Navy is using BB10, I was referring to Troy's post saying that entities do pay for pro-longed support if necessary and was giving that example of the Navy and Windows XP.

Anyways, we maybe can agree that BlackBerry will sell the rest of their BB10 inventory in this year and THEN the BB10 user base will have to make some strategic decisions.

They have the blueprints, they have the connections to Foxconn and others.
    Big part of the job is already done.

But I do agree with you somehow.
    I can't imagine they would do this only for a few 10k devices... if the demand is below let's say 2 million units, then even I couldn't believe it will ever happen.

Posted via CB10
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and BigBadWulf like this.
    01-19-17 11:52 AM
    Seems to be plenty of people who would prefer an android alternative that don't want iOS. I see less room for another Android headset than something that is outside of the box.
    01-19-17 02:29 PM
    Seems to be plenty of people who would prefer an android alternative that don't want iOS. I see less room for another Android headset than something that is outside of the box.
    Where are these "plenty of" people?

Every OS other than Android and iOS has failed miserably.
    01-19-17 03:09 PM
    Where are these "plenty of" people?

Every OS other than Android and iOS has failed miserably.
    I believe he gauges "plenty" on a small scale basis. Hundreds? Thousands?
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    01-19-17 08:30 PM
    Well, if all those disenchanted could agree on one OS, and one phone format, then maybe, just maybe, it could seize some form of success. I'll place my bet on ::::the place where souls burn eternal:::: freezing over first.
    01-19-17 09:08 PM
    I don't trust BlackBerry as an hardware maker anymore, they (unofficially) abandoned BlackBerry 10, there is nothing they can do to make me think they won't abandon their Android devices the same way.

Posted via CB10
    Bbnivende likes this.
    01-20-17 12:42 AM
    I don't trust BlackBerry as an hardware maker anymore, they (unofficially) abandoned BlackBerry 10, there is nothing they can do to make me think they won't abandon their Android devices the same way.

Posted via CB10
    The Playbook fiasco should've made your Spidey senses tingling.
    01-20-17 01:43 AM
    The Playbook fiasco should've made your Spidey senses tingling.
    I fall into the trap when chen started his big mouth with commitment to bb10 in all his interview

Posted via CB10
    01-20-17 08:16 AM

Posted via CB10
    Coincidentally Blackberry isn't a hardware maker anymore.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and BigBadWulf like this.
    01-20-17 10:23 AM
    BlackBerry will be history. People will forget BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    01-20-17 12:06 PM
    Well, if all those disenchanted could agree on one OS, and one phone format, then maybe, just maybe, it could seize some form of success. I'll place my bet on ::::the place where souls burn eternal:::: freezing over first.
    As the saying goes, two Jews fanboys, three opinions.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    01-20-17 12:21 PM
    On my app on on CB online the reference to Jews comes through . I doubt that is intended or at least I hope not,
    01-20-17 09:55 PM
    On my app on on CB online the reference to Jews comes through . I doubt that is intended or at least I hope not,
    I don't think the mobile apps handle the strikeout tag.
    01-20-17 09:59 PM
    I don't think the mobile apps handle the strikeout tag.
    I see the strikeout on CB10 app. Very faint though.
    hamed ghorbani likes this.
    01-21-17 03:09 AM
    BlackBerry will be history. People will forget BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    History is about maintaining a record of events from the past. Not forgotten.
    01-21-17 03:16 AM
    On the other hand…
    DrBoomBotz and hamed ghorbani like this.
    01-21-17 06:28 AM
    I had to accept this as fact as well.. I'll surely miss BB10 when the time comes. Now I'm still enjoying my Passport (have been for the past 2+ yrs).. Though the Mercury is their Android offering that got me excited about the BB brand again. I think it'll be my next phone....... except if they release a Passport 2 (Android or otherwise).

Posted via CB10
    01-21-17 09:35 PM
    Windows phone & mobile dead
    Belackberry os is dead
    Ubuntu touch is nearly dead(I wish I can run it on my bb phone)
    Selfish os is dead
    Nokia x series dead
    Meego dead
    Fire phone os dead
    Palm os dead
    Asha dead
    Already most of operation system dead
    And users who they buy one of this os after a few month or finally 1 year their os not support as much as weak:| they have to throw out their phone,its true their phone work but users need new features
    Buy new device is the last step
    We can say bbos dead for being a special os for governments
    But most of governments use other os
    If we want calculate users who buy one of these os lose their money
    And company's say lie to them
    A lot of Money lose
    Ok we can say users, themselves want and like to buy these os
    But
    Why we must hate of Android/ios and love these dead os?
    01-23-17 01:07 PM
409 ... 7891011 ...