11-03-13 11:35 AM
76 1234
tools
    Over $150 cheaper than a 16GB iPhone 5S

This is a good price point.

BlackBerry & Nintendo Alliance. Bring Pokmon to BlackBerry 10.
    Bbry are fighting for their life in the second division. Why are people still thinking they are on a par with apple/Samsung? They're not. The only chance they had to rebuild their damaged brand was putting out innovative products at a price that undercut the competition. They still, even on their last legs, haven't learnt this basic reality.
    Pain likes this.
    10-04-13 12:21 PM
    No apps + high price + mediocre specs = DOA
    I have 265 apps and games on my z10.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 12:24 PM
    Whoever priced this device either have empirical evidence that there will be people buying the Z30 at this price OR are completely delusional.
    10-04-13 12:27 PM
    Who of you pay full price for a phone? Carriers subsidizes and/or schedule out payments over two-years (around $25/month). The pricing is around (or less) than other pricing of similar phones as previously pointed out.
    Since more and more carriers will not offer it your only luck is to buy it unlocked.
    10-04-13 12:30 PM
    Whoever priced this device either have empirical evidence that there will be people buying the Z30 at this price OR are completely delusional.
    Same ones that released the Z10 for $649 and now sell(not sell) for half that
    10-04-13 12:32 PM
    Who of you pay full price for a phone? Carriers subsidizes and/or schedule out payments over two-years (around $25/month). The pricing is around (or less) than other pricing of similar phones as previously pointed out.
    Why does it matter if you pay for your phone in installments. Unless you somehow can invest at insanely high interest rates, your installments sum up to almost the same $700.

And the $700 price point for this phone is unjustifiably high given the "similar" phones have somewhat better specs, incomparably better ecosystems, and are from manufacturers who are not about to vanish into non-existence.
    10-04-13 01:02 PM

Posted via CB10
    You could actually say "I have 130,000 apps and games on my Z10", but that wouldn't change the fact that many key apps are not there.
    rbenchley likes this.
    10-04-13 01:04 PM
    I'm convinced that management is trying to sabotage this company (on purpose). This is down right hilarious. I expect to see a massive price cut in 2 months.
    bekkay and bobauckland like this.
    10-04-13 01:10 PM
    wow. $700. That's a lot of cash. in Ontario it's just under $800 when you add the tax. Add eco tax, extended warranty and maybe a case and you're looking at about a thousand dollars. Crazy.
    10-04-13 01:12 PM
    Not really when you can get a higher spec'd phone (with a massive ecosystem) for the same or less S4 ($700), LG G2 ($650), SONY Z1 ($700).
    Specs matter when comparing the same operating system. But not across operating systems. Do you think the iPhone 5S can't run rings around the higher "specced" Android devices? Of course it can due to better programming. Same thing with the Z30 (though to a less extent, in this case it can simply keep up fine).
    10-04-13 01:14 PM
    I'm convinced that management is trying to sabotage this company (on purpose). This is down right hilarious. I expect to see a massive price cut in 2 months.
    I was hoping BBRY would get its act together, but at this point all hopes are gone. My only remaining hope now is that BBRY management was stupid enough to again have ordered millions of the Z30 and will eventually have to firesale the inventory. If the price goes down to 300-ish, I'll snatch one up. That will make a great second phone and a collector's item when the company is no more.
    keypad likes this.
    10-04-13 01:15 PM
    Specs matter when comparing the same operating system. But not across operating systems. Do you think the iPhone 5S can't run rings around the higher "specced" Android devices? Of course it can due to better programming. Same thing with the Z30 (though to a less extent, in this case it can simply keep up fine).
    Not only due to programming. The A7 chip is actually a beast.
    10-04-13 01:16 PM
    Not only due to programming. The A7 chip is actually a beast.
    Its got that magical apple pixel dust on it.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 01:24 PM
    As Bekkay pointed out, it's because of the hardware, not just software.

Yes, the iPhone 5s with its dualcore 1.3 ghz CPU is as fast as the Note 3 with twice the cores and twice the ghz.

But Apple built a custom CPU with a new instructionset.

Blackberry on the other hand, is re-using the same CPU we found in Android phones last year...
    bekkay likes this.
    10-04-13 01:25 PM
    As Bekkay pointed out, it's because of the hardware, not just software.

Yes, the iPhone 5s with its dualcore 1.3 ghz CPU is as fast as the Note 3 with twice the cores and twice the ghz.

But Apple built a custom CPU with a new instructionset.

Blackberry on the other hand, is re-using the same CPU we found in Android phones last year...
    You do know that when you use the phones, they are the same speed right?
    10-04-13 01:46 PM
    But it does matter, the average person walking into a store looks around and finds the Z30 and the LG G2. They see the LG G2 for $50 less, has a Snapdragon 800 quad core 2.26 GHz chipset (with an Adreno 330 GPU) versus a dual core running at 1.7 GHz (Adreno 320 GPU).
    They think, this sounds much faster.

Next they see a 5.2" screen that is 1080p, 423 ppi resolution compared to the 5" 720p screen at 295 ppi. Oh, a bigger screen with much better resolution, sounds good to me.

Next they see the LG G2 has 32 GB of memory versus 16 GB.
    Double the storage, nice.

13 megapixel camera with OIS versus 8 megapixel and no OIS (and video recording at 60 fps versus 30).
    Gotta have a good camera.

3,000 mAh battery versus 2,880.
    Nice, I hate when my phone dies before bed.

Then they hold it and the G2 is shorter, narrower and thinner (despite having a 8% larger screen).
    Sold!!!

Which one do you think they are going to pick? (hint, its not the Z30, especially when the Z30 is $50 more and has no ecosystem).
    This is laughable....the "average" person, which you seem to think you somehow speak for, would not have any clue has to what "specs" are on a smartphone, or how those "specs" would have an effect on performance. The "average" person doesn't even know how to use half the capability of their device, even after two years with the device. The "average" consumer gets duped into paying top dollar for "top of the line specs" that make marginal, if any actual performance enhancements. So let's just stop equating "specs" with quality. Personally, I think it would be wise for BlackBerry to not even bother trying to win over the "average" person by offering dumbed down software and equipment. Leave the idiotic "spec" schemes and over hyped app wars for the "average" people and make devices geared towards people who actually know what they are buying and how to actually use it......oh, wait...they've already said that is the direction they wish to go....
    10-04-13 01:49 PM
    Z30 has a tough task ahead
    10-04-13 01:53 PM
    i am day by day getting confused,sometimes it feels like Z30 may be the last device from BB
    10-04-13 01:55 PM
    it is sometimes bizarre,why they are still playing it on the higher side
    10-04-13 01:57 PM
    And 260 of them are by S4BB.
    10-04-13 02:58 PM
    and 260 of them are by s4bb.
    LOOOOOL
    10-04-13 03:35 PM
    If it's been said once.? Specs don't matter. Only matters on Android.

Posted via CB10
    Where most proper BB10 apps come from? Lol.
    And Android runs on lesser hardware than BB10.
    10-04-13 03:43 PM
    This is laughable....the "average" person, which you seem to think you somehow speak for, would not have any clue has to what "specs" are on a smartphone, or how those "specs" would have an effect on performance. The "average" person doesn't even know how to use half the capability of their device, even after two years with the device. The "average" consumer gets duped into paying top dollar for "top of the line specs" that make marginal, if any actual performance enhancements. So let's just stop equating "specs" with quality. Personally, I think it would be wise for BlackBerry to not even bother trying to win over the "average" person by offering dumbed down software and equipment. Leave the idiotic "spec" schemes and over hyped app wars for the "average" people and make devices geared towards people who actually know what they are buying and how to actually use it......oh, wait...they've already said that is the direction they wish to go....
    The "average person" obviously does know the difference, otherwise the masses that you seem to think are stupid, would have bought BB10 phones by the millions like they did with Apple and Android.

They might be sheep but they want their phone to do what they need it to do right out of the box and not have to hope they can port something over that they can learn to sideload and hope that the coming soon OS from the device manufacturer helps to fill the the gaps of the incomplete BB phone that was an option.

Most "average people" just want the damn thing to work when they get it home, thus they buy an alternate product.
    10-04-13 03:47 PM
    Most people in the world pay full price for their mobile phones, and that goes especially for BlackBerry since the majority of their sales are now in emerging markets. For example, in India (one of BlackBerry's core markets) over 700 million people are on prepaid.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    10-04-13 04:45 PM
    Most people in the world pay full price for their mobile phones, and that goes especially for BlackBerry since the majority of their sales are now in emerging markets. For example, in India (one of BlackBerry's core markets) over 700 million people are on prepaid.
    All people pay full price. But some don't realize that the true price may be hidden.
    OMGitworks likes this.
    10-04-13 04:53 PM
76 1234