05-12-14 04:26 PM
28 12
tools
    Sorry if this has been posted before.. Yes i have used the search function but the topic did not come out..!!

It looks like the invitations have sent out. The presentation will be just one day before the delivery of the per-ordered devices.

I like that for once the timing of BlackBerry is perfect.

Source BerryFlow
    05-08-14 10:27 AM
    Great to hear, hope BlackBerry really supports the Z3.

"I like that for once the timing of BlackBerry is perfect."

That could be debated as Chen said the devices would go on sale in April. Yes some pre-orders on the last day of the month keeps him to his word... but waiting weeks later to do the official launch and have device out for consumers, shows that BlackBerry isn't quite perfect yet.
    05-08-14 10:50 AM

That could be debated as Chen said the devices would go on sale in April. Yes some pre-orders on the last day of the month keeps him to his word... but waiting weeks later to do the official launch and have device out for consumers, shows that BlackBerry isn't quite perfect yet.
    It is at least improving ;-)
    05-08-14 11:04 AM

That is NOT true simply because Chen never said April, he said April/May.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 11:31 AM
    That is NOT true simply because Chen never said April, he said April/May.

Posted via CB10
    Only two months after Chen said it, CB-ers are already rewriting history and denying it.

This is what he said at MWC on 25th February: "In April it will come out in Indonesia, for less than $200,"

"May" was never mentioned by Chen. At all.

Any google search for "MWC Z3 Chen" will pull up many reports of that same quote from Chen. The truth is out there, and it's not hard to find... but I guess it's easier to deny the inconvenient truth that (once again) BB has missed their own deadline.
    Raddin, notfanboy, chr1sny and 3 others like this.
    05-08-14 12:57 PM
    The new BlackBerry Z3 smartphone is expected to be available from leading carriers and retailers in Indonesia in April.
    Mobile World Congress 2014: BlackBerry Forges Ahead with Introduction of New Products and Services | Inside BlackBerry
    05-08-14 03:39 PM
    Z3 sales in Indonesia (and other markets) will end up being way more important than the 2 week missed deadline.
    05-08-14 03:42 PM
    GOD please let some people buy this phone!
    05-08-14 05:18 PM
    @Raddin. Hope you need to read more carefully. Here is Chen's orinigal words from the earning call conference and the link:

"After signing our partnership with Foxconn, we executed delivery quickly. In just four months. Jakarta was designed, tested and delivered, including having a carrier arrangement. So I'm extremely proud of the ability, the speed of both team executing. Training for our distribution channel for this particular device in Indonesia will start late April. The product will then be in stores shortly after that and available nationwide in Indonesia. And the PR launch will follow that and I plan to be there in person."

BlackBerry's CEO Discusses F4Q 2014 Results - Earnings Call Transcript | Seeking Alpha

"Late April" for training of distribution channel. Whenever you hear April next time, you need to make sure what does it means.
    05-08-14 05:20 PM
    That's five days away before the launch of an awesome phone!!!
    05-08-14 05:26 PM
    @Raddin. Hope you need to read more carefully. Here is Chen's orinigal words from the earning call conference and the link:

"After signing our partnership with Foxconn, we executed delivery quickly. In just four months. Jakarta was designed, tested and delivered, including having a carrier arrangement. So I'm extremely proud of the ability, the speed of both team executing. Training for our distribution channel for this particular device in Indonesia will start late April. The product will then be in stores shortly after that and available nationwide in Indonesia. And the PR launch will follow that and I plan to be there in person."

BlackBerry's CEO Discusses F4Q 2014 Results - Earnings Call Transcript | Seeking Alpha

"Late April" for training of distribution channel. Whenever you hear April next time, you need to make sure what does it means.
    To add to this:

Quote from the record. Link: Chen travelling the world to promote BlackBerry

In May, Chen will fly to Indonesia for the official launch of the Jakarta Z3
    05-08-14 05:28 PM
    Nice try, but you are quoting a earnings call that took place in late March, around a full month after MWC, which took place in late February.

Click the link I posted.The article in my link was published on 02.25.14. The article in your link was published on 03.28.14.

During MWC, before that earnings call, both Chen and the inside BlackBerry Blog was saying April. The person I replied to said that Chen never said April at all.They did, your link only suggests that a month later they figured out that April wouldn't happen after all.
    techvisor, JeepBB and chr1sny like this.
    05-08-14 05:49 PM
    @Raddin,

Please show us the exact quote John Chen said, and please do not use quotes from other people. I do not find any quote that Chen said they would sell Z3 in April from your link.

Please just show us exact quote, and where. At least I showed you what John Chen said exactly. Now it is your turn.

If you do not have the exact quote, or source, please do not conclude so fast.
    05-09-14 01:34 PM
    BlackBerry announces the BlackBerry Z3 | CrackBerry.com

There is CrackBerry's post about the Z3 announcement, in it you can view BlackBerry's own press release on the subject. In it, they clearly say that the Z3 is expected to arrive in APRIL! Not May. Not April/May. It says April.

Geez, its one thing to be a fan of BlackBerry, it is a completely different thing to be delusional enough to attempt to rewrite history.

As of February 25th 2014, BlackBerry was saying the Z3 would launch in April. That's all there is to it!

If BlackBerry's own press release isn't enough proof for you, than nothing in the world would be.
    JeepBB, chr1sny and anon1727506 like this.
    05-09-14 02:17 PM
    Heh-heh... you beat me to it!

Be sure to tune into our BlackBerry Mobile World Congress Media Session Live Blog! | CrackBerry.com

The above is CrackBerry's live blog of Chen's WMC press conference. All the quotes were posted by some guy called Kevin Michaluk (hmm... that name rings a bell with me from somewhere... nevermind, it'll come to me...)

Anyway, that Kevin guy posted that Chen said this on 25th February, at MWC in Barcelona. At 7:26 in the morning apparently.

February 25 2014 7:26 AM
    "Going to talk about two phones this morning"

"One is the one codenamed Jakarta"

"It's going to come out in April in Indonesia. Under $200 retail price"

Now, obviously I realise that none of this will bring anyone out of denial, but I thought I'd post it all the same.

Kevin...? hmmm.. oh well, I'm sure it'll come to me...
    Raddin, shanhetao and chr1sny like this.
    05-09-14 02:31 PM
    OK, let's take a step back and cool off a bit.

It's OK to discuss, debate, even disagree. But keep it civil -- don't get personal. The slate has been cleaned up, so let's get back on track.

[INFO]
    Play Nice, Be Helpful, and have Respect!
    This means keep the language clean, keep your posts polite, and don’t get into arguments over dumb things. If somebody responds to a thread you posted in poor fashion, ignore it, and the moderation team will quickly clean it up (you can always message or email a moderator at any time if you observe anything that is in poor taste/against the rules). Think back to what your parentals and teachers used to lecture - if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.
    Always remember that we are all unique and at different levels here - some of us are experienced BlackBerry users and forum junkies, while others are just starting out. If you’re on the experienced side, have patience for those just joining in on the fun and be helpful. With a little patience and a little help they won’t be newbies for long. Also remember that it is our differences that keeps this place interesting. If everyone was from the same place and at the same experience level it would be boring. This is a worldwide community united by a common interest - our love, or addiction as some would call it, for the BlackBerry![/INFO]
    05-09-14 02:57 PM
    I do hope that the launch will be successful and that it will sell enough units that blackberry will continue into mass production.

Hopefully LTE versions will be made available and sold at competitive prices.

Companies that want to use this as company-issued phones will probably purchase them in quantity. This can mean a foothold for BlackBerry in corporate again. At least this unit would go to employees while management can opt for higher end devices.

Indonesia is BlackBerry 's proving grounds and hopefully the Z3 will pass with flying colors.

Z10 Vegas
    05-10-14 04:39 AM
    I think you are right about companies liking the Z3 because of its nice price point. But professionals might want a HDMI port.
    But than again I bet 90% of ppl just use basic functions. Email, Bbm, camera etc.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-14 10:20 AM
    I have to say that for whatever reason, I had the date of April 20th in my mind as the release date so I was disappointed that it didn't make it. Nevertheless, it's all systems to go now! Hope this phone does reasonably well!

Posted via CB10
    05-10-14 11:48 AM
    I think you are right about companies liking the Z3 because of its nice price point. But professionals might want a HDMI port.
    But than again I bet 90% of ppl just use basic functions. Email, Bbm, camera etc.

Posted via CB10
    I thought I read the BlackBerry Z3 has HDMI. Maybe it was only a rumour or an old product information sheet.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Q5
    05-11-14 04:31 AM
    I really wonder what the standby and talk times are, on an actual practical user level are like for this phone.

The specs would seem to suggest that it should be quite decent. Like above and beyond most smart phones. (The cpu isn't crazy, the resolution is relatively modest and the mah is high). They didn't make the mistake of upping everthing, only to have a phone of the same-ish performance and battery life, with nearly invisible resolution changes.

The price being good, and the battery life being probably unusually good (if it is), for a fully capable modern smart phone should be enough to sell decent amounts of units IMO.
    Last edited by Jamie Brahm; 05-11-14 at 05:58 AM.
    05-11-14 05:47 AM
    Could always carry around a little hdmi smart tv device to use miracast with instead.
    05-11-14 05:59 AM
    What Bull. Pre-orders were happening in April with the final launch happening in May 13th. It's on time and a few days on either side are meaningless.

It?s not like it's Whatsapp who promised Wi Fi calling in March and has completely blown their time line. There will be lucky to have it in September. Probably 2015.

Posted via CB10
    Thesmartmale and web99 like this.
    05-11-14 07:28 PM

Posted via CB10
    Looking at how Curves were used for business users the Z3 will probably fair pretty well. Also, with a lot of business users having full touch screen phones for personal use the adaptation to the Z3 will be welcome.

Posted via Z30 C001F29E5
    05-11-14 07:31 PM
    I wouldn't hold anyone's outside opinion on deadlines as worth much, considering the size of the company, small in comparison to its competitors and how many changes have taken place in the last 2 years, I wouldn't be critical of a few weeks.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-14 09:10 PM
28 12