09-15-15 11:22 AM
    That's because us vzw users have no blackberry to replace with

Posted via CB10
    09-15-15 12:04 PM

Posted via CB10
    Well you can always get another colour.
    09-15-15 12:10 PM
    BlackBerry has nothing to upgrade to so you are forced to stick with it longer. Z30 came out more than 2 years ago and there is still nothing to upgrade to.

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    09-15-15 12:13 PM
    BlackBerry has nothing to upgrade to so you are forced to stick with it longer. Z30 came out more than 2 years ago and there is still nothing to upgrade to.

This. When you are releasing phones nobody wants and what few you do have worse or same specs then the ones people bought two years ago, what are you supposed to buy. The only way currently to upgrade a BlackBerry is to leave for the competition, which is what most appear to be doing.

Posted via Z30
    09-15-15 03:22 PM
    I wonder where they found BlackBerry users to include in their data.....?
    Doggerz and kbz1960 like this.
    09-15-15 04:05 PM
    That's me. I had my 8100 for 3 and a half years. Then my 9800 for 2 and a half years. My Z10 is at 26 months now.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-15 04:21 PM

Posted via CB10
    No kidding. My third z10 in as many years died of the same hardware fault. Vzw rep said I would owe them $400 for a refurbished phone if they found the slightest fault, and we pay for insurance and extended warranty. He then tried to sell me an android or iphone or lumia. I said no thanks, you're effin crazy. Now on my first day with a passport. I'm not thrilled with with any US carrier, but us berry loyalists have to compromise somewhere to get our fix.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 12:08 AM
    Keep 'em? Sure. But I'm also sure that a lot of us still buy new ones more often than many users of other platforms, too. It's all about the quest for the perfect form!

Z10, Z30, Passport, and now Classic... and how many years has BB10 been around?
    09-16-15 12:14 AM
    Well not so sure now. I got my Classic back in February, depending on how good the Venice is, the Classic might be my first BlackBerry and the most short-lived one.
    09-16-15 12:17 AM
    Only because they never introduced the finger print scan lol
    09-16-15 12:28 AM
    Apple has found a solution for this problem... for only 30 bucks a month you get a lifetime iPhone: the newest iPhone every year... so yes, they solved this, too. In only 2 years they can pretend: All the iPhone users remain iPhone users!

Workhorse: BlackBerry|Q10, SQN100-3, OS 10.3.2.2639; Power Workhorse: BlackBerry|Passport, SQW100-1, OS 10.3.1.2480; Germany.
    09-16-15 12:32 AM
    My Z10 has been the only phone in my life that I've used for more than 6 months, it has been 2 and a half years.
    Partly due to the satisfaction and comfy-ness of BB10 but also because there hasn't been a worthwhile replacement.
    I'd upgrade to a BB10 slider within a heartbeat if it were ever to arrive

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 08:02 AM
    Armed with the first generation iPhone, which is now eight years old, we asked members of the public what they thought of the model - pretending it was the brand new handset.

The feedback is hilarious, with the clueless passers-by praising the size, display, speed and design of the 'new' phone - even suggesting it's a clear upgrade to the last iPhone 6.

Although it's fun watching these bozos falling for the prank, it perhaps says less about them and more of how Apple have brainwashed us into believing that every new model is a must-have . . .

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 09:34 AM
    That shouldn't be surprising considering the lack of BB10 sales and the userbase stuck on BB OS7 pulling down the average.
    09-16-15 09:45 AM
    Armed with the first generation iPhone, which is now eight years old, we asked members of the public what they thought of the model - pretending it was the brand new handset.

The feedback is hilarious, with the clueless passers-by praising the size, display, speed and design of the 'new' phone - even suggesting it's a clear upgrade to the last iPhone 6.

Although it's fun watching these bozos falling for the prank, it perhaps says less about them and more of how Apple have brainwashed us into believing that every new model is a must-have . . .
    As with all of these "Random-people-on-the-street" segments, I wonder how many people they had to stop and ask in order to find these six gullible individuals. I would guess probably a few dozen.
    09-16-15 02:55 PM
    Makes sense, Blackberrys are tools not toys and if it does that task with minimal frustration then there's no point in upgrading to a slightly different model.

Hell, Apple is artificially driving demand for new devices every year by selling one with the CoolFeatureOfDebatebleUse one year and one with the MuchNeededPerformanceBoost the second year so there's always a tangible upgrade that makes the last year device feel obsolete and shameful. They could simply launch a new device every second year which has both, but then they wouldn't sell as many.
    09-17-15 06:38 PM
    Makes sense, Blackberrys are tools not toys and if it does that task with minimal frustration then there's no point in upgrading to a slightly different model.

Hell, Apple is artificially driving demand for new devices every year by selling one with the CoolFeatureOfDebatebleUse one year and one with the MuchNeededPerformanceBoost the second year so there's always a tangible upgrade that makes the last year device feel obsolete and shameful. They could simply launch a new device every second year which has both, but then they wouldn't sell as many.
    Spot on! I always seem to generate a bunch of flaq when I make comments like this but I couldn't agree more. The very thing that Apple does to drive sales is what they would have never considered doing in the pre-iPod days.

To add to the Apple criticism, one has to speculate on how often they 'selectively' release new features on the latest iterations versus choosing to 'maybe we should save it for the "[random numerical value] S+ model"'
    johnny_bravo72 likes this.
    09-17-15 07:00 PM
    Look how long BlackBerry waited between new phones. How many months passed between Z10, Q10, and Passport?

How long did we go from 9810 and 9900 to Z10?

Posted via CB10
    09-17-15 08:02 PM
    Spot on! I always seem to generate a bunch of flaq when I make comments like this but I couldn't agree more. The very thing that Apple does to drive sales is what they would have never considered doing in the pre-iPod days.

To add to the Apple criticism, one has to speculate on how often they 'selectively' release new features on the latest iterations versus choosing to 'maybe we should save it for the "[random numerical value] S+ model"'
    Considered Apple releases the highest selling, and generally highest performing, phone every single year, it's humorous to believe that they sandbag features.

Here's some insight into how it actually works.

Daring Fireball: The iPhones 6S

It's tough to appreciate how different the game is at their scale.
    LazyEvul and pantlesspenguin like this.
    09-23-15 03:41 PM

Posted via CB10
    You mean Sprint. Sprint has had only one BlackBerry 10 device throughout history. Verizon has had the Z10, Q10, Z30 and Classic.
    09-23-15 10:34 PM

Z10 and Q10 have been rebranded to the Leap and Classic.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-15 01:36 PM
    I wonder where they found BlackBerry users to include in their data.....?
    Standing around a heating/cooling grate in the financial district of the centre of the universe, Toronto, Ontario. < /sarcasm >
    Cashgap likes this.
    09-28-15 06:05 PM