03-24-15 07:05 AM
87 ... 234
tools
    It's the brand. BlackBerry killed itself in the minds of everyone by continuing BBOS too far into the iPhone era. Everyone had BlackBerry, and it became what they were stuck with while ogling at those slick modern phones. Once they were able to get out of their contracts, most people never looked back, just like no one has ever looked back at feature phones. Once they moved on, the ecosystems flourished and the app gap grew too large for people to consider moving freely off of iOS and Android.

No phone -> feature phone -> BlackBerry -> iPhone -> iPhone/Android.

BBOS left such a bitter taste of antiquity,.. there is no way to erase that. Even if BlackBerry phones ran on hydrogen cells and never required charge.
    Even if it did everything every other device does... one hundred times better.

The majority isn't looking to escape iOS and Android as badly as they were forced to by BBOS.

Posted via CB10
    That's no true. I returned my iphone6 for the passport which isn't 100 times better but I would say it's ten times better then the iphone6.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-15 11:13 PM
    That's no true. I returned my iphone6 for the passport which isn't 100 times better but I would say it's ten times better then the iphone6.

Posted via CB10
    I'm glad you took the chance and tried it out, but my point was that "the majority" will not feel the need to do the same.
    devin266 likes this.
    03-21-15 11:32 PM
    Sorry to burst everyone's bubble here, but here in the USA the brand is all but dead and buried, period. As a Blackberry user here, I feel isolated and I have no support from my carrier T Mobile.

Apple and IOS are the new Titans on the block and are not giving back any of their market share any time soon.

Go into any Apple Store on any day of the week and count the customers and folks buying their products and you will soon realize why they have become one of the largest corporations in the world.

Because they delivered what the consumer asked for folks, forget the iSheep and fanboy BS, this is reality here in the USA and the rest of the world for that matter.

I now carry a AT&T unlocked passport and a iPhone 6+ 64 because some of my major clients only support IOS for some of the apps I am required to use to continue to do business when them.

And as much as I might not like to think about it, I may only be carrying a iPhone 6+ in the near future if Blackberry doesn't improve their support for the user base here, what little there is left here in the USA.

Not because I don't like the brand or because I am a iSheep, fanboy or whatever. Because I am tired having support issues and feeling like we Blackberry faithful here in the USA have been abandoned by the folks up there in Waterloo!!!!!

I recently bought the AT&T passport and because it's a carrier branded device and I bought it from a person who worked at an AT&T store, I am screwed when it comes to any future warranty issues.

The carrier warranty is not transferable and if I call Blackberry for any future warranty, it's no cigar folks.

Now with my iPhone 6+ which I also bought used which has Apple Care plus, I simply go to any Apple Store if I have an issue and they will fix it as long as the device is not reported stolen because they warranty the device and not pass it off to the carrier who sold it.

Now you as a consumer knowing these types of support issues exists, what brand are you going to buy and/or support in the future??? I thought so.
    03-22-15 04:22 AM
    BlackBerry's UK User Base Plummets to Below 1 Million - eMarketer

I don't know one person here in the UK who's upgraded from BBOS to bb10. I once had 172 contacts on BBM now I have 2 and even those contacts barely use it and they're using it on android.

I love my bb10 device (Z10) and I'm hoping they announce a new flagship touch phone at next week's MWC. If not I'm definitely moving on.

I reckon Bbry are fighting a losing battle that not even John Chen can fix on his own. Selling the company to Samsung wasn't a bad idea imo

Posted via CB10
    Well, MWC came and went.

Are you moving on?
    03-22-15 11:36 AM
    Smartphone OS market share – Kantar Worldpanel ComTech

Kantar is one of the few that still tracts BlackBerry separately.... and while year over year, BlackBerry is down. They do indicate a slight "bump" over the last three months in sales. So if you want "something" positive to hand onto.....
    03-23-15 08:13 AM
    In Africa, BlackBerry have certainly increased the amount of adverts on TV and radio, but when ever I speak to people they always give me the same response

"BlackBerry is terrible, why would you buy that" and I understand why they say this because they are thinking about the old BBOS days with tiny screens.

It doesn't help when I show them the Classic and they say "yeah exactly, it's the same just a bigger screen, still terrible"

BlackBerry needs to put out an awesome full touch device (no slider) with the same specs as the Passport and give it a good go. Releasing low end budget Z3 & Leap isn't going to get people talking about BlackBerry.

The Passport was great, got people talking and put the BlackBerry name out there again

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.3.1.2243
    nt300 likes this.
    03-23-15 12:20 PM

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 04:23 PM
    Well, MWC came and went.

Are you moving on?
    I love the look and sound of the galaxy s6, just waiting to are what the reviews say upon its release . I'm also still contemplating on maybe getting a z30 if I can find one dirt cheap.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 04:24 PM
    I love the look and sound of the galaxy s6, just waiting to are what the reviews say upon its release . I'm also still contemplating on maybe getting a z30 if I can find one dirt cheap.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    Wb da sliderrrr? Not tempting? And there's still space for one more device

Check Out TechCraze
    03-23-15 04:30 PM
    I imagine that Vodafone deciding to not make the LEAP available to consumers, isn't going to help things in the UK market either.
    2 out of 4 Major UK Carriers are going to carry the Leap. I would assume within the 1st month of availability, the other 2 will request to carry it.

Unless of course Apple has its sticky hands in them. Just as they do in the USA.

Sexy White Z30
    03-23-15 11:05 PM

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    The white Z30 was the best choice I made. Awesome device.

Sexy White Z30
    03-23-15 11:07 PM
    2 out of 4 Major UK Carriers are going to carry the Leap. I would assume within the 1st month of availability, the other 2 will request to carry it.

Unless of course Apple has its sticky hands in them. Just as they do in the USA.

Sexy White Z30
    Why will the Leap sell any better than the Z3 has? Why would it sell any better than any other BB10 devices? Heck, why would it sell better than the Z30 which is a better device?
    03-24-15 07:05 AM
87 ... 234