03-24-15 07:05 AM
87 123 ...
tools
    BlackBerry's UK User Base Plummets to Below 1 Million - eMarketer

I don't know one person here in the UK who's upgraded from BBOS to bb10. I once had 172 contacts on BBM now I have 2 and even those contacts barely use it and they're using it on android.

I love my bb10 device (Z10) and I'm hoping they announce a new flagship touch phone at next week's MWC. If not I'm definitely moving on.

I reckon Bbry are fighting a losing battle that not even John Chen can fix on his own. Selling the company to Samsung wasn't a bad idea imo

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by devin266; 02-28-15 at 01:10 PM.
    Donvald likes this.
    02-28-15 12:02 PM
    Not surprised, I haven't seen one advert, not on Telly, the radio, Bill Boards, Bus Stops, bloody nothing, people don't know it exists.
    02-28-15 12:11 PM
    BlackBerry's UK User Base Plummets to Below 1 Million - eMarketer

I don't know one person here in the UK who's upgraded from BBOS to bb10. I once had 172 contacts on BBM now I have 2 and even those contacts barely use it and they're using it on android.

I love my bb10 device (Z10) and I'm hoping they announce a new flagship touch phone at next week's MWC. If not I'm definitely moving on.

I reckon Bbry are fighting a losing battle that not even John Chen can fix this mess on his own. Selling the company to Samsung wasn't a bad idea imo

Posted via CB10
    Wow.

That's really kind of sad.

I think this, as much as anything, tells us the future of this company.
    02-28-15 12:49 PM
    Thats sad, but BB is loosing Marketshare very year...nothing new :/
    I dont know where the problem is, marketing? Devices? Chen? Heins? BB Brand? QNX? BB10? BBOS? No BIS?
    Since BB10 there is almost NO Marketshare:/
    02-28-15 01:07 PM
    Really don't understand the logic behind the thinking at Blackberry. At the end of last year when I could not find a Passport to see anywhere in my home area I picked up the information that there was one in a store 30 miles away from a Crackberry Poster!! I am sure there must have been a lot of people that would have liked to see this phone in the run up to Christmas. A little bit of advertising would have made all the difference!

Amazing Blackberry Passport! SQW100-1. 10-3-1-1565
    Conan69 likes this.
    02-28-15 01:08 PM
    I dont know where the problem is, marketing? Devices? Chen? Heins? BB Brand? QNX? BB10? BBOS? No BIS?
    The "problem" is well documented. BlackBerry was 5 years late to the current generation smartphone OS party. In that 5-years, they lost a huge amount of users to the new kids (iOS & Android) So when BlackBerry finally dropped BB10 in 2013, plenty of users had already left, and BB10 offered little to entice new users to the platform. You have to remember, when BB10 and the Z10 released, they were dropped in the deep end, up against iOS 6 and Android 4.2 Jellybean, and devices like the iPhone 5, Galaxy Note 2, Nexus 4, and wildly successful Galaxy SIII.

In addition, BlackBerry's shrinking market share left many developers hesitant to jump on board. This became a cyclical problem, as lack of developer support led to further decreasing market share, which led to further decreasing developer support, and so on and so forth.

Marketing was an issue, no doubt... but marketing alone was not the problem. The best marketing in the world would have still had to overcome how late BB10 was to the OS wars, and how bad BB10's app situation was. The internal issues of BlackBerry on the business side due to management were of little to no concern to the average smartphone consumer. The BB faithful followed along, but Joe Consumer couldn't have cared much less.

BB10 itself, besides being late, wasn't a part of the problem. It's fundamentally a great OS. It has a learning curve, sure... But people picked up on Android and iOS pretty quick, and over the years both have integrated plenty of gesture based features and navigation.

In my opinion, the Z10 leading the charge wasn't the best idea. If BlackBerry insisted on BB10 releasing when it did, then the Z30 should have been first, and not as a Verizon exclusive in the US. The hardware in the Z30 wasn't bleeding edge at the time of it's release, so releasing it earlier could have been a real possibility. Combined with the app situation, and it's all a sad example of "Too little, too late" I'm afraid.
    02-28-15 01:54 PM
    It's the brand. BlackBerry killed itself in the minds of everyone by continuing BBOS too far into the iPhone era. Everyone had BlackBerry, and it became what they were stuck with while ogling at those slick modern phones. Once they were able to get out of their contracts, most people never looked back, just like no one has ever looked back at feature phones. Once they moved on, the ecosystems flourished and the app gap grew too large for people to consider moving freely off of iOS and Android.

No phone -> feature phone -> BlackBerry -> iPhone -> iPhone/Android.

BBOS left such a bitter taste of antiquity,.. there is no way to erase that. Even if BlackBerry phones ran on hydrogen cells and never required charge.
    Even if it did everything every other device does... one hundred times better.

The majority isn't looking to escape iOS and Android as badly as they were forced to by BBOS.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 04:30 PM
    If their goal is 10m devices per year worldwide, then less than 1m in UK is OK?
    02-28-15 04:53 PM
    If their goal is 10m devices per year worldwide, then less than 1m in UK is OK?
    No the article is about installed user base. Annual sales of BB in the UK by necessity has to be much lower as people normally keep their phones longer than a year.
    02-28-15 05:02 PM
    http://www.emirates247.com/business/...03-01-1.582662

They've also recently lost their place In the top 15 most commonly used phones on the UAE...

Posted via CB10
    BB_Junky likes this.
    03-01-15 03:42 AM

Posted from a D618
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    03-01-15 03:52 AM
    The problem is that they are not sold in the stores. If nobody can see them then nobody knows about them. It has nothing to do with how much they sell because then it would be the same with all those Nokia Lumias which doesn't sell that well but are everywhere. I think there are deals among distributors to prevent Blackberries to be sold and it is not uncommon at all to have these kind of under the table deals.
    AllanQuatermain and Conan69 like this.
    03-01-15 05:23 AM
    Media lie.

Posted via CB10
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    03-01-15 05:33 AM
    government bodies don't want users to have secure inaccessible handsets. Hence why media propaganda has been used to this effect.

As you know the UK and USA media is full of lies.

Evil pigs.

Posted via CB10
    gokulesh likes this.
    03-01-15 05:35 AM
    As already mentioned they are not sold in stores, I for one have travelled to my county town (Taunton) 25 miles away and the nearest City (Exeter) a good hour and a half drive, and have still yet to find a passport to hold, I refuse to buy a phone I can't put my hands on, the os is great, I don't need to even think about that so I have decided (for the time being) to stay with my 2 year old Z10, the latest software makes it feel like a new phone, coupled with a new battery it lasts a full working day (just) I've gone sim only and will just keep saving the pennies until I can put my fingers on the passport, or any new high end phone they may release in the future, there is no way I would contemplate using an iPhone or Android (who needs buttons) and I am someone who started on the old BlackBerry with the classic Bold 9000 I've yet to find a keyboard as nice :-)
    03-01-15 05:40 AM
    Bold 9700

Bold 9900

Z10 (current)

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 05:48 AM
    Agreed, the Bold 9000 keyboard was VERY nice but the Passport one beats it hands down! While it does take a while to get used to it, once you do it is fantastic and I really would not like to go back to the smaller size keyboard. My fingers can fly!!!!

Conan69 likes this.
    03-01-15 05:51 AM
    "Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the world"
    Since the humble are secure, they are strong.* And since they have nothing to prove, they dont have to flaunt their strength or use it to dominate others.* Humility leads to meekness.* And meekness is not weakness.* Rather, it is strength under control, power used to build up rather than tear down.

Slow and steady we stay the course..while the sheeple continue to ***** their privacy and security.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 06:09 AM
    Agreed, the Bold 9000 keyboard was VERY nice but the Passport one beats it hands down! While it does take a while to get used to it, once you do it is fantastic and I really would not like to go back to the smaller size keyboard. My fingers can fly!!!!

Argghhh....dont rub it in... all I want to do is try one, but nothing anywhere, and I can't afford to just buy one and hope its ok, I know the phone is great I just need to try it for the size.... still as I said at least I'm on a cheap sim only plan now so the money saved is going towards a purchase when I do find one :-)
    03-01-15 06:16 AM
    I know plenty of people who use a BlackBerry. And they are usually corporate users

Who honestly wants to be sat playing candy crash on a work phone.

The whole purpose of BlackBerry was productivity and that can be achieved with a BlackBerry.

It is a messaging device.

There is no phone keyboard that comes close to the BlackBerry physical and the BlackBerry touch on os10!

The hub kicks arse over iPhone or Android email, text etc.

I'm proud to flash my BlackBerry logo on my black z10

Makes people wonder... what's that guy doing?

Dunno why but something about BlackBerry boasts class and uniqueness.

Posted via CB10
    Q10Bold and AllanQuatermain like this.
    03-01-15 06:19 AM
    And it's your kind of thinking that has got blackberry in the position that it's in today

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by devin266; 03-01-15 at 10:40 AM.
    03-01-15 06:29 AM
    Not sure if you guys have been following lately, but they aren't depending on devices any more.

Devices is a side business for them now.....
    wincyUt likes this.
    03-01-15 07:22 AM
    government bodies don't want users to have secure inaccessible handsets. Hence why media propaganda has been used to this effect.

As you know the UK and USA media is full of lies.

Evil pigs.

Posted via CB10
    Gotta love these conspiracy theorists. They always brighten up my day.

Posted from a D618
    03-01-15 07:22 AM
    Gotta love these conspiracy theorists. They always brighten up my day.

Posted from a D618
    Well if your life evolves around what you see on your television the I genuinely feel so sorry for you.

Posted via CB10
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    03-01-15 07:25 AM
    Guys come on, BlackBerry has just broken even, QNX recently announced its installed in 50% of the car industry plus a whole host of new products, BES free trials have just ended!!! Meaning service revenue is about to get a boost, BBM is continually seeing updates and is in the top 15 users spend the most time in!

BlackBerry has just made some recent hires on the sales side.. just give it a little time! Like someone said above people buy a new phone every two years mostly, so any marketing effect today may only be seen up to two years later..

Have a little patienceee

Check Out TechCraze
    03-01-15 07:33 AM
87 123 ...