"The grandaddy Whatsapp"...

The irony.
    You say irony. I say outright lie.
    AnimalPak200 likes this.
    03-25-14 02:18 PM
    It's a shame the BBM apps are nearly broken on iOS and Android

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 02:21 PM
    Why not point to Adam's original CrackBerry front page blog article describing these upcoming changes?
    He already posted this a couple of hours before this thread.
    It also has direct links to the source... BlackBerry.
    BBM update coming soon across all platforms €” Will bring BBM Stickers, sponsored channels, larger file size limit and more | CrackBerry.com
    03-25-14 02:21 PM
    I just heard cbc radio news giggling over the emoticon strategy.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 03:47 PM
    The giggles are a bit sad since stickers are only the beginning. Imagine the potential for the future!

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 04:02 PM
    I just heard cbc radio news giggling over the emoticon strategy.

Posted via CB10
    It's too bad CBC didn't do their proper research on stickers. Clearly they haven't heard of the success Line has had.
    But that's what you get from another media outlet who has already written off BlackBerry. Half fact. Half opinion.
    03-25-14 04:42 PM
    It's too bad CBC didn't do their proper research on stickers. Clearly they haven't heard of the success Line has had.
    But that's what you get from another media outlet who has already written off BlackBerry. Half fact. Half opinion.
    While I agree with you that they probably don't understand the draw of things like stickers for emerging market consumers, I think the giggles are a result of them realizing that BB's mature market customers (i.e., mostly enterprise users) are NOT Line users (consumer market), and that stickers aren't exactly a feature that's going to get enterprise customers excited about BBM. And they have a point. BB's two niches (enterprises and emerging-market consumers) couldn't be much more different from each other, and without a large pool of users in the middle, it makes many decisions that are targeted at one set of users seem silly or misguided from the perspective of the other group of users.
    03-25-14 09:48 PM
    That's completely false.. the largest market for BBM is in Indonesia which is used mostly by consumers

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 11:36 PM
    Stickers are a big part of Line's success.

Of course having an app that works well on a number of low end devices and for their target market has something to do with it also.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-14 06:04 AM
    Glad that they plan to make money off BBM but stickers don't excite me at all. Just my opinion but I see why they are doing it.

I'm much much more excited by a feature like BBM Money...or even if BBM Music came back with a little better value for the $. The social aspect of that app was absolutely wonderful for people who used it

Posted via CB10
    03-26-14 02:40 PM
    ^ very true. I miss the people in that app.

Posted via CB10
    dusdal and Rello like this.
    03-26-14 04:39 PM
    It's all downhill from here, the beauty of BBM was no spam, no ads, privacy. What the hell were they thinking? They better have a paid option to remove all crap.

#believeinfilm
    03-27-14 06:44 AM
    It's all downhill from here, the beauty of BBM was no spam, no ads, privacy. What the hell were they thinking? They better have a paid option to remove all crap.
    Now that's an idea!

I can see the ads in the business press now... "Buy BBM-Pro now. Auto-removal of all the stupid sticker crap. You're in business, not a sticker-wielding 5-year old. Only $9.99"

BB can't lose. Sell stickers to the kids, sell BBM-Pro to the rest.
    03-27-14 08:35 AM
    While I agree with you that they probably don't understand the draw of things like stickers for emerging market consumers, I think the giggles are a result of them realizing that BB's mature market customers (i.e., mostly enterprise users) are NOT Line users (consumer market), and that stickers aren't exactly a feature that's going to get enterprise customers excited about BBM. And they have a point. BB's two niches (enterprises and emerging-market consumers) couldn't be much more different from each other, and without a large pool of users in the middle, it makes many decisions that are targeted at one set of users seem silly or misguided from the perspective of the other group of users.
    Valid counter argument Troy....as always. I feel BlackBerry is at a turning point with the target audience. I don't see them abandoning enterprise but I see them trying to attract a younger audience for bbm (hence stickers). I think BlackBerry is confident North America is a lost market for now and focusing on emerging markets where the battle is still being fought.
    I'm sure we agree the consumer market is what impacts enterprise in some degree. If I used an iPhone or Android at home why would I not want one for work? Nothing new to learn and i get a phone the general population will recognize.

Btw I like reading your posts. I don't always agree with them but you always defend your arguments very well.
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    03-28-14 03:05 PM