02-04-15 09:36 PM
169 ... 34567
tools
    Its relevant when posts like "not even BlackBerry use BlackBerry's any more", adds more fuel to an already burning fire. Bad choice by the poster of the Tweet.
    1 tweet = infinitesimally small sample rate, not a conspiracy of spyPhones infiltrating the ranks of BlackBerry Ltd.

Richard
    01-14-15 09:45 AM
    Do all GM employees own a GM? No.

Do all Ford employees own a Ford? No.

So don't tell me that there aren't any BlackBerry employees that don't own an iPhone.

This forum is getting paranoid and dumb.

Posted via CB10
    If a GM employee is in a position where he/she is "representing" GM, you can bet your bottom dollar that they'll arrive in a GM vehicle. Same can be said about Ford employees. I have a family member who used to work for one of the Big 3 automakers, and when the corporation gave him a company car, he tried to politely decline it under the premise that he preferred his Mercedes. He learned very quickly that the company car was not an option, and that he'd be driving it to any official company function. Heck, If a Coca-Cola employee is in public wearing his/her employee uniform, or are actively representing the brand in an official capacity, there'd be holy hell to pay should they be publicly seen consuming a Pepsi (or any competitor) product.

Sure, nobody should be naive enough to believe company employees don't use other products, but there's a significant difference between being just another product using consumer versus an employee representing a company brand.
    01-14-15 09:46 AM
    Lol the BlackBerry can't do nothing crowd out in full force kicking and screaming their FUD.

America hates freedom, democracy and BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 09:54 AM
    Don't agree fully there. They need to use it when they show their software on it (BBM, Blend, BES), or how their devices work in comparison to it.
    Let's clarify something here. BlackBerry is a multinational corporation with thousands of employees with very specific job descriptions.

The person tweeting about BlackBerry is not the person demoing BBM, Blend, BES10, etc. to potential customers. Marketing is not sales. Sales is not marketing.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 09:55 AM
    If it had been a Sammy phone I bet we would already be seeing commercials like this :

01-14-15 10:03 AM
    Why would a BlackBerry employee tweet from an iPhone? Who knows? He/she must be tested some software for IOS since BlackBerry is cross platform. I don't know about iPhone tweet since I got out of iPhone two years ago, but tweet, Facebook and Linkedin from BlackBerry so easy to do. Just type tweet, facebook or linkedin follow the message and send, done. No need to launch the app like an iPhone. I could be wrong since I got out of iPhone two years ago.

The only thing I don't understand is every time when a little thing gone bad with BlackBerry, the media propagate the news like there is no tomorrow. What are they afraid of BlackBerry? It only has less than 1 percent of global market share. I bet they were afraid BlackBerry will come back strong again like in the past under John Chen leadership.
    01-14-15 10:11 AM
    1 tweet = infinitesimally small sample rate, not a conspiracy of spyPhones infiltrating the ranks of BlackBerry Ltd.

Richard
    That 1 tweet from The Verge now has 1370 retweets. To put it in perspective, to be in the top 10 trending on Twitter, a tweet requires between 1200 and 1900 RTs in a 6-hour period of time. Thankfully it did not.

Singular incident or not, it's caused a lot of harm and could have been far worse. I suspect some internal policies will be revised at BlackBerry HQ to prevent this sort of stupid mistake from ever happening again.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 10:12 AM
    This tweet came from someone in MARKETING. Their job is marketing for BlackBerry. The tweet was specifically marketing the BlackBerry Classic. THEIR JOB IS TO MARKET BLACKBERRY DEVICES. What this individual did is the opposite of marketing BlackBerry devices - they harmed the effort to market BlackBerry devices.

No, the person doesn't have to try BBM on offer devices. They work in marketing. Not software engineering/QA. Marketing.

Posted via CB10
    This.

Posted from a D618
    CarbonKevin likes this.
    01-14-15 10:13 AM
    Why would a BlackBerry employee tweet from an iPhone? Who knows? He/she must be tested some software for IOS since BlackBerry is cross platform. I don't know about iPhone tweet since I got out of iPhone two years ago, but tweet, Facebook and Linkedin from BlackBerry so easy to do. Just type tweet, facebook or linkedin follow the message and send, done. No need to launch the app like an iPhone. I could be wrong since I got out of iPhone two years ago.
    Again, the people in marketing DO NOT do software QA. Additionally, BlackBerry is not cross-platform. BBM, BES10, and Blend are. Big difference.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 10:16 AM
    I have popcorn now...
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-14-15 10:44 AM
    I have popcorn now...
    Pass me some?

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤
    anon(153966) and kbz1960 like this.
    01-14-15 10:46 AM
    Unbelievable how so many are jumping on this to push down the stock price of BBRY. Those nasty headlines when I can through my google news home page. Oh and why the hate for BB, I wonder
    01-14-15 11:12 AM
    Another hard-hitting article from the Verge. Great one, guys!

This is not bad in any way, and just reminds people that BlackBerry is still here and they probably got more eyes on the Classic this way anyway.

I sure as heck wouldn't have seen that tweet if a bunch of people weren't b*tching about it

No such thing as bad news here...
    Andy_bb_king and gvs1341 like this.
    01-14-15 11:15 AM
    Lol verge really loves BlackBerry! No doubt.

PasaportePilipinasSQW100-1/10.3.1.1949
    01-14-15 11:17 AM
    THEIR JOB IS TO MARKET BLACKBERRY DEVICES.
    And BBM (which is cross-platform), BES (which supports multiple device types), Blend (which runs on different devices) and QNX (which works to connect other devices).

Love it or hate it, they have a job to do that also involves other devices. Even if it was just hardware, look at what they when comparing the passport screen to the iPhone's screen. Also required use of an iPhone.

They did, however, tweet inappropriately.

They work in marketing. Not software engineering/QA. Marketing.
    That's a very engineering centric view.
    01-14-15 11:44 AM
    Plus, the BB twitter app is terrible compared to ios when you have a lot of followers like they do.
    @PCArsenault
    01-14-15 11:57 AM
    this is a career denting error....somebody's a$$ should get a major whooping
    01-14-15 12:54 PM
    Unbelievable how so many are jumping on this to push down the stock price of BBRY. Those nasty headlines when I can through my google news home page. Oh and why the hate for BB, I wonder
    You think this is pushing the stock price down? Guess this is bringing the entire market down today. Bad day for everyone thanks to this tweet.
    01-14-15 12:59 PM
    Plus, the BB twitter app is terrible compared to ios when you have a lot of followers like they do.
    @PCArsenault
    I get that it's fun to bag on the social media apps and all, but I use Twitter (and Facebook) on BlackBerry, iOS and Android. For the vast majority of users, it's perfectly fine for most functions. Tweeting on it is really not a problem. ;-)
    der_mit likes this.
    01-14-15 01:09 PM
    I had the privilege of getting a guided tour of Google in NYC about a year ago and I saw more people using iPhones than Android devices....

BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion
    01-14-15 01:14 PM
    I had the privilege of getting a guided tour of Google in NYC about a year ago and I saw more people using iPhones than Android devices....

BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion
    The iPhone is extremely popular in NYC. I'm from NY and the majority of people I know use the iPhone. Anecdotal but almost an 80% Apple/20% Android split in my contacts and family.
    01-14-15 01:22 PM
    You think this is pushing the stock price down? Guess this is bringing the entire market down today. Bad day for everyone thanks to this tweet.
    LOL.

As you can see, anything can be used by the dedicated BBRY stock conspiracist.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-14-15 01:25 PM
    Not a big deal. But a little annoying.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 01:45 PM
    It would be interesting find out why people have been retweeting the news... BlackBerry users passing on the news to other BlackBerry users? iPhone users making fun of their BlackBerry user friends?

Do Android/iOS/WP users, in general, care enough about BlackBerry news to retweet it?
    01-14-15 01:50 PM
    It would be interesting find out why people have been retweeting the news... BlackBerry users passing on the news to other BlackBerry users? iPhone users making fun of their BlackBerry user friends?

Do Android/iOS/WP users, in general, care enough about BlackBerry news to retweet it?
    Read some of the replies, it should be pretty obvious after the first handful.

https://mobile.twitter.com/verge/sta...92627453132800

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 01:58 PM
169 ... 34567